“Finally Found Great Hotel in Southern NH” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cincinnati ohio
“Finally Found Great Hotel in Southern NH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We've traveld to the southern NH area for many years to visit with friends and family. We have stayed at a half dozen different places over the years. A friend suggested the Crowne Plaza and EUREKA! Finally we found a hotel that I'm excited to go back to again.

What most sticks out in my mind is the attention to details. When we checked in there were two wedding receptions - and when the door opened as we walked by the volume was significant. I've had bad experiences when in a regional hotel - there are weddings not to mention two. However, given how LARGE the hotel is - and the thinking of the staff - we were in a separate wing they call the "quiet zone" - when I got to the room - there was zero - zero sound from the mega events. VERY IMPRESSIVE!

The health club is among the 10 best I've ever been at in a hotel. (I have over 3 million miles of business travel). It's a real health club. It's the caliber of health club facility that you get at the higher end hotels in London and Toronto.

The front desk and room service were professional, fast and friendly.

The rooms were solid Crowne Plaza quality - not the Ritz Carlton but also not the "fake" Crowne Plaza grade that I've seen where management appears to be cutting costs to make the budget work.

The food and drink at the hotel pub was well above average for a hotel pub. So much so I ate their twice - and I'm a "food." What most impressed me was the attention to detail - fresh salsa, unique watermelon feta salad. My only criticism is I'd like to see more higher end Gin options - but then again I'm getting picky.

I was so impressed that I've already mentioned to our event staff that when we're doing events in the area this is a hotel we should strongly consider.

Room Tip: Ask for the Quiet Rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We started with an easy check in, the room was beautiful and in the quiet zone which really was quiet. The furnishings in the room, including the bed were comfortable. In room dining service delivery people were extremely nice, even whispering when I needed her to while my husband was on video conference. The service in the pub was a little under par, the football games were on so getting the bartender's attention was hit or miss. When he was relieved by a non-football fan service was excellent. The food was good. Overall a very good experience with excellent service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Meredith NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My girlfriends and I try to get away for a quick overnight shopping trip each December, and this time, I convinced them to skip the extra hour south (in traffic!) to Boston, skip the Massachusetts sales tax and parking nightmare, and stay in Nashua instead. Our hotel rooms at the Crowne Plaza were twice as large and less than half what we would have paid in Boston. Snow was on the way, but that was no problem: the Crowne Plaza has FREE indoor parking, saving us at least $25 more over what our costs in Boston would have been. The rooms were attractive, with nice white duvet covers on comfortable beds. We were able to take advantage of the business class services on the eighth floor, which allowed us to enjoy a cocktail and some nibbles after shopping all afternoon, and also grab a quick bite to eat before heading out to beat the rush at the mall the next morning. Maggie, the hostess, was especially pleasant and helpful. She even called to find out the hours the mall was open on Sunday. The receptionist was able to arrange a cab for us to downtown Nashua for dinner (only $9 for four of us), and also offered us coupon books to the nearby Merrimack Premium Outlets. I expect this will be our new annual destination for December shopping.

Room Tip: Eighth floor comes with business services like a cocktail hour and continental breakfast.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

This has to be the best hotel in the area. Service is great , food is great and the overall experience is great. Bar is a great place to socialize, and the bartenders have always been great . I have had overnights at this hotel over the last six years and have always been happy. Even the athletic club is good considering what hotels have for workout rooms. Always look forward to a great night at the crowne plaza Nashua .

• Stayed December 2012
Barre, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here the last two years on the Executive level, over black friday weekend, We can't say enough good about Maureen and the staff in the Executive lounge. In addition the staff in the bar and restaurant took excellent care of us. In one instance Maureen called the bar tender and told her that she was sending some guests down and that he should take very good care of us. He did, we had a great evening. The staff here enjoy their jobs, and Maureen in particular takes ownership of her guests experiences.

Room Tip: Stay at the Executive Level! It is the best money you will ever spend, unless of course, you bought...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I don't know what the negative hype is all about this hotel as I recently stayed here for the weekend of Thanksgiving 2012 with my aging mother of 80 yrs as well as my brother. In all honesty we all found it quite a pleasant and hospitable place to stay.

For those who spoke harshly against this place they must be people who are very picky and hard to pease.

I must admit that although the hotel is a tad outdated in comparison to the newer ones in the area, it still holds up by itself with a charm of the luxurious hotels from a former era.

I can only imagine the millions of dollars that were invested in this hotel with high end materials and workmanship. Unlike some other commenta I found about the beds, they are firm and comfortable. The TV sets are recent and although the furniture a bit old it finds ut niche in this place as it marries well with the decor.

I was especially delighted by the care of Maggy and Maureen who took the time to make sure we were cozy in and out of our rooms. These dames although aged have been on board for some 20 years and definitely know the meaning of customer service and care as it shows in the way they add that special human touch towards the guests staying on the executive level.

Despite the negative reviews on the food being served my guests and I thought the food was fabulous at the Speakers Corner Pub and the staff polite and courteous and always ready to meet each and everyone of our needs.

The pool area was clean and the water at the right temperature to do my laps. The whirlpool was pleasantly hot to ease my tired and aching muscles.

Without any hesitation I highly recommend this establishment to anyone visiting the Nashua, NH area and wants a place that is quiet and hospitable.

if the opportunity arises once again I would definitely do business with them.

• Stayed November 2012
Barre, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have been staying at the Crowne Plaza for 5 years now for our annual girls shopping trip. We stay on the "Executive Level" because of the private lounge area and happy hour. The hostess Maureen is fantastic! She is very attentive, friendly and fun. Maggie in the morning is also very sweet and attentive. The lounge area is set up very cozy and perfect for our yearly "reunion". If we need to get out, they have a restaurant with bar downstairs that is great too. We keep coming back for the great service from everyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua? Share your experiences!