“Same great quality” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
new hampshire
“Same great quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Haven't been in years but stopped in late Sunday afternoon. Food was fantastic, Scorpion bowl for 2 was cold and fruity, service was good and attentive. The place to go for Chinese in Nashua.

• Visited July 2011

NH
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I've gone here intermittently through the years and my most recent visit was as good as my first. Persistent quality in the food and in the service.

• Visited May 2011
Manchester, NH
“Best Chinese Food Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I have been going here for years. Only once have I had a bad meal, and that was on New Year's Eve. Every other time it's been fantastic. The menu is extensive, and every meal we have tried from them has been great. My favorite is the Hunan Chicken. Their soups are also outstanding. The portion sizes are massive (a single order of port fried rice is loaded with meat, and can serve four people easy). I am not sure how anyone can give this place a bad review.

I WILL say, however, that the Greystone Plaza location does have better food, and almost never has a wait time, unlike The Exit 1 location. I am not sure as to the reason for this. Overall, I would recommend this place in a heartbeat, and frequently bring family/friends from out of town here.

• Visited January 2011
Fort Myers, FL
“The BEST Chinese Restaurant - Anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

The Lilac Blossom on Amherst Street is the best Chinese restaurant I have ever visited - anywhere - from Maine to Miami, to LA, Hawaii, or Australia.
#1. Decor - Well lit contemporary Asian style with American comfort.
#2. Very pretty/handsome staff providing gracious service. Sometimes can feel like professionalism without warmth, but no one is perfect. The fresh white tuxedo shirts and tasteful dress of the greeter add a lot to the feeling that this is a special place.
#3. Presentation - Very good, as good or better than your average PF Chang's.
Order the Chicken or lobster soong and watch the waiter wrap your individual portions.
Every house special includes a carved radish figure. The plating is better than most other restaurants of this type.
#4 The Food - a lot less greasy than other places. Everything is fresh and full of flavor. Need to ask for soy sauce, or oil with cayenne if you wnat to add some heat.
# 5 The bill - A buck or two higher than the average sit-down Chinese place - but well worth the extra cost. We fed five at the-day-after-Christmas/Sunday lunch for only $50, and went home with leftovers.

We love Chinese food and Chinese restaurants. I find PF Changs disappointing once I have finished the chicken soong and move on to other courses. The Lilac is far better.

I have found only a few other family owned Chinese places that have come close to the Lilac (one in CT, one in LA, one in Miami South Beach), but none have surpassed it.

I have read all the other reviews up to this date. I can understand how one haughty waiter, ignorance about allergies, and food that just doesn't fit one's taste can make a place intolerable for anyone. I respect these reviews for what they represent. I wish every waiter would behave as well as most of them do. I wish every dish was as good as the chicken soong, but only 90% of them are. I really wish that every restaurant had a more serious and well-educated approach to allergies, especially nut allergies! That one is really inexcusable.

Be that as it may...Please let me know if you find a better place for the combination of atmosphere, service, food quality and price.

If I am in New Hampshire I will visit the Lilac Blossom.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashu
“Worst staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Worst experience ever! The waiter rudely threw the food on the table, forgot the order several times, never showed up to fill in water and expected 20%+ in tips. The staff behaves very rudely and not very helpful at all. Food tastes great though, it's a shame the service doesn't match the food. I won't be surprised if this place closes up soon if the staff are not disciplined to behave around customers.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere