“Best kept secret in Nashua” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 228 Restaurants in Nashua
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Dessert
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Best kept secret in Nashua”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Speakers corner is a hidden gem located in the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Nashua. The beer battered fish and chips are some of the best I've ever had. The prime rib is also excellent. The atmosphere is lovely and the staff are friendly and professional.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We went for dinner and for the most part enjoyed the meal. When we arrived there were only 2 other couples in the restaurant at 5:30 pm. A little surprising for a Saturday night.

I started the the three onion soup. I specifically asked if it was made with a beef broth since I do not eat beef. I was told there was no beef, so I tried it. That being said, after several bites, it was obvious it was made with beef. Unfortunately, since I do not eat red meat, this didn't sit well with my belly. I know what you are thinking - silly girl, it is always made with beef. Hence, why I asked. Anyway, life goes on and I was looking forward to eating dinner.

I ordered the Diver Scallops for $24. Here is the language from the menu: Local Clover Honey Chipotle Glazed Grilled Diver Scallops, Basmati Rice, Zucchini, Summer Squash, Carrots, Nappa Cabbage. The squash and carrots were julienned with the cabbage. Nice touch for for the presentation. There were 6 scallops and about 1 cup of rice. Considering the portions size (see the picture) I think $24 is a bit much. The meal overall was good, but it was really under-seasoned.

My husband had the Lamb Braciole for $23. Fire Roasted Red Pepper, Spinach, Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese Lamb Braciole, Spinach Risotto, Toasted Almonds, Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Sauce. He really enjoyed it and said he would order it again.

I might have given more stars, but the soup thing really threw me and there really is no excuse for not seasoning food when you are paying these kind of prices.

Waiter was very friendly and helpful and it was a nice quiet romantic spot.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashua, New Hampshire
“awesome and accommodating Speaker's Corner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

So careful in food prep due to significant allergies...they are amazingly cautious.Go there a lot...thanks to staff and chefs.

Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Late night pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I only had a burger and salad as I arrived late at the hotel from a day of traveling but it was really good! Drinks good but not the best selection of wine.

Visited May 2013
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Tasty Prime Rib Buffet, Absent Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I met four friends for the Thursday Prime Rib Buffet advertised for $19.95 and as I told one of them I have had way worse prime rib for way more. The prime rib was actually very good. They served me very thick slices of very rare rib which wasn't heavily salted but was nicely seasoned and very tender. The buffet preceding it was blah, several of the dishes were empty and the others were uninviting. The Caesar salad was definitely only romaine lettuce and probably a whole bottle of cheap Caesar salad dressing. I passed it by. The baked potato I had was barely cooked.

We had to go get the waitress to get a drink. We had to go get the waitress to get another drink. We had to get up and put our plates on a nearby high top table because the waitress was too busy to come by and clear them. We had to do that a second and third time. We had to go to the bar to ask the waitress for our bill so we could pay. The two waitresses were busy but this was the worst service I have encountered in quite some time.

I stay at least 40 nights per year in the nearby Courtyard by Marriott hotel which has great food and phenomenal service. I will eat there from now on as I have no plans on returning.

Visited May 2013