““delicious Indian food”” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Nashua, New Hampshire
““delicious Indian food””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Went for a lunch with my office colleagues and I was pleasantly surprised with an ambiance and a wide variety of menu selection from south to north. I ended up ordering Medu Vada sambar and chicken Briyani and gobi manchurian and spinach pakoda both were very tasty. Happy to find a good place so close to the work. Will go back again

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Bad food, bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Food was late and was not indian food at all. It looked like the chef was learning to cook. Too expensive for available quality.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Amherst, New Hampshire, United States
“Once inside the door it is as if you have been teleported to India.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

A little bit interesting to get to the parking lot, turn onto Thornton road and take the second right, i.e. behind the Asian Market. My Wife and Daughter have long suggested that I check out this restaurant. My Daughter and I visited mid week, arriving shortly after 5 PM, noticed that the staff was peeking out through the blinds, and only one customer was in the restaurant. Normally this would have me concerned, however I had been warned that a huge amount of the evening business is Take Out rather than Dine In. The decor is appropriate, and comfortable, including the background music. Our Server translated/explained the message of the ballad being sung ... I was struck by the sensation that I had somehow been transported to India. The restaurant has a lot of space, my guess is that their lunch trade requires this as the evening set-up was only a smaller room off to the side. None the less, the setting was comfortable. The menu is extensive, so many great items available, I really wished that I had been part of a large group so that we could have ordered a large number of dishes to share. The menu has descriptive explanations of the dishes, and, happily for me, two combination offerings, one vegetarian, that allow samples to be experienced. I had the combination of: Lamb Curry, Chicken Tikla Masala, Tandori Chicken, Daal, Raita, a dessert of sweet rice, rice, and beverage. I was disappointed with the Tandori Chicken, I the distinct feeling that it was salvaged from the lunch buffet as it was very tired, not just over cooked. But the rest of the offerings made up for that. Also, in the next room there was a constant flow of customers coming in to pick up (usually large) orders of food to go, so I would guess that my chicken was something that got overlooked. Note that the activity of the Take Out crowd did not impact the dining experience, it was just something off to the side that I happened to notice. Toward the end of our meal a group of 8 arrived, most appeared to be of Asian Indian descent, their conversation with the Server was such that I expect that they were strangers in the area but were at the restaurant based on a recommendation, their banter with the Server was a combination of English and non-English. Based on my visit I will return, and really want to also try their Lunch Buffet.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food but a pricey lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had the Lamb Vindiloo. It was great and they cooked it medium spicy as requested. The only issue I have with this place is the cost. Lunch is about $20 a person with no lunch specials available which makes it expensive when you want rice and naan and an entree. I would highly recommend and go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The food was delicious with excellent service of Arun and Bishan who have worked in NY Indian restaurant. Authentic food with professional service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere