“soft ice cream delights” 4 of 5 stars

(603) 253-3893
Website
Improve this listing
new hampshire
“soft ice cream delights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I go here all the time in the summer for their soft serve ice cream. You can get a large that will fill you right up, which could be the reason I haven't had any of their other food. From the looks of people taking their plates of food to the picnic tables though, I'm guessing it must be really tasty.

• Visited September 2013

Holyoke, Massachusetts
“Roadside Stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stopped at Red Hill Dari after hearing great reviews from some locals. We weren't warned in advance that it was cash or check only, so we drove up the road to use an ATM. The food was good, but the portions weren't huge and the prices seemed a bit high. My husband ordered a Seafood Platter ($17) and I ordered Haddock Plate. While ordering I asked for clarification as to the size of the two different Haddock choices (Small Boat or Large Plate) so I could figure out which to order, and was told, "one is smaller than the other." Not very helpful and she seemed annoyed that I asked what she must have thought was a dumb question. Both of our meals came with coleslaw, fries, and a roll. It seemed like standard fried food. We didn't get ice cream here as it was only soft serve (chocolate, vanilla, mix, and flavor of the week), so we drove down Route 25 to a place with some more options.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
“Is what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

They don't take credit cards--I could end my review right there with a one star, honestly. It's 2013. I can buy a soda and a cheeseburger from a vendor in the back of a pickup truck totaling $4.50 and charge it nowadays with the dude using a iPhone and a card reader--nowadays a business where a lobster roll on the menu is almost $15 should take a credit card for crying out loud. Anyway---
Average food, pretty much all fried but it's pretty good. The ice cream doesn't rock my world, it's just the standard to me. Place just needs to update to the modern world of payment options...

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Savannah
“No visit complete without a stop here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We have been stopping here for soft serve ice cream with jimmies since I was a child. As an adult I appreciate how yummy the lobster rolls are too! The perfect stop after a hike or swimming or anytime.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Lunch for 3 58$!! .. in a parking lot!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Red Hill Dari is an institution..and you need to own one to afford lunch or dinner at the roadside shack! Have had many meals here over the years..decades. But a recent visit had me questioning my sanity.
We ordered two clam plates, 2 bottles of water, one milk shake and one order of onion rings... and THE BILL was a WHOPPING $58. Yes !,,,,this was a meal served on a red tray, paper plated and in a parking lot....
Repeat..... $58!! Yowwwza!!!!
The portions were average, the food average. Nothing great. Sitting in a parking lot where the view is just soooooo inviting. Should you look at the gas station or the two Port-O-lets?..years ago there were few lunch options in Center Harbor. Currently there are several great alternatives...better quality food, more reasonable and sanitary! The prices have out marched the quaintness of a roadside stand..

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere