“Almost a perfect meal” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: Woodbury St
San Diego, California
“Almost a perfect meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

All but one steak was cooked correctly. One filet should have been Medium Rare, but it came out Medium to Medium Well. It wasn't worth the hassle to get a new one fired up as everyone's meals would have gotten cold or over warmed while we waited.

The prices here are what you expect to see in a major city and a national brand (Morton's, Ruths Chris, Palm, Captiol Grille, etc.). That said you'd expect the same high quality and standards of service, quality, proportions, ambiance. Unfortunately they fell short on the quality and proportions. Service was perfect.

The other part of the experience that was a bit disconcerting was that the bill did not correctly reflect the prices on the menu. Some of the items were less. Some of the items were more. There was no consistency. While the total amount was withing a couple of $s of the actual menu prices, there shouldn't be any difference. Period.

I've been here several times and will probably go back, but I know what to expect. I'd stick to the lower end of the menu and probably head to the bar which looks like a good time.

If I want the FULL experience for the $$$, then I'd head to Burlington or Boston for it. I suggest you do the same too if that's what you are looking for.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Date night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I like to schedue a date night which includes a movie and a hamburger with sweet potato fries at Buckley's. PS the steaks are great too

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Yikes!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

You pay extra for a baked potato? What are you really thinking, is it the food that is so expensive or are you just trying to make your retirement!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Allenstown, New Hampshire
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I loved the french onion soup and the sirloin. Spectacular. Definitely on the expensive side but we worth it for a special occasion. Best steak I have found in a long, long time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dracut, Massachusetts
“not as good as rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

the roast beef at the Yard restaurant in Manchester was more tender and tastier. The rib eye steak at Longhorn had more flavor and I questioned the 28 oz. cowboy steak. I think it was a few ounces shy of that abount. The shrimp cocktail was good but for $12.you should have gotten more than 3 shrimp. Service was very slow. It took us three hours from the time we were seated until we finished and coffee wasn't offered. I would recommend the Hanover St. chophouse over Buckley's anytime. A table next to us was seated after us, ate a meal and left before us. Another table with men were very noisy which damaged our dining experience. This reminded us of dining at the Common Man which is usually noisy. Filets were excellent.

• Visited March 2014