“Horrible service... But food not bad!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
North Conway, New Hampshire
“Horrible service... But food not bad!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

When I go out to dinner to a restaurant, I expect good food and good service! The food was not bad, but the staff was awful! I ate in the bar, but You would have thought we were in a locker room! Bartender showing tattoos to the other staff who were cackling loud enough for all to hear! Then announced to the entire bar that she couldn't wait to start collecting alimony! Did I need to hear that? She was quick to get my drink order but I had to interrupt her cackling group staff gripe session to get a menu. I watched her make a drink that was clearly going to be returned by the customer. she watched the server bring to customer then burst out laughing and shouted into the dining room "what, you don't like it?" and took to the wait station to try it for herself! Honestly I couldn't wait to get out of there. I have never seen such unprofessional staff. The risotto was fabulous! Steak tips were so so. I will not go there again!

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great food, amazing service, a little pricey but for the amount of food you get it's worth it. Our waitress was great Jo and the bartender whom I believe was the manager was equally as friendly I believe her name was Sammy. I order the chicken farcito and my husband ordered the chicken pizzico. AMAZING!!! was an understatement. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys real italian food. The waitress told us how the owners were authentic Italians and that explains a lot. Will be coming back soon.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Excellent haddock picata”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I go here frequently because it is so convenient to Cinemagic. We stopped in at 4:45 on a Friday last week. We sat at the bar nursing drinks as we were not hungry yet. Fairly quiet but by the time we left, very busy. Tammy, the bartender/manager makes a terrific blueberry martini. It is not on the martini menu but I had one this summer in Maine so asked for one here. Excellent.

We eventually ordered the seafood stuffed mushrooms, and haddock picata, both on the specials list for that night and pizza. The haddock picata exceeded my expectations. Two big pieces of flaky haddock with linguini. Excellent flavor. I took half home. I am not a big mushroom fan but my husband enjoyed the portabellas.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Going Downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I've been a longtime customer of this restaurant and always regarded it as having delicious cuisine and fabulous drinks. Unfortunately my last 2 visits have been met with dismay, the food seems to have gone downhill with dishes are reduced to a mound of pasta with some overcooked aspargus and filets of chicken breast floating above then doused with mozzarella cheese and some white wine sauce. I could have made this at home and probably done a lot better. The service was good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Terrible Owner and Manager”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This place is terrible, food is mediocre, and staff needs to be trained how to deal with the public. Management is rude, crude and should not be dealing with the public, but we finally realized why, as the owner was just as bad. We had ordered food and part of our order was missing, and they didn't even care or offer to refund us or whatever. Don't support them , many others around and one that is fantastic has almost a similar name being Pizzar a, and they are dynamite!!!!!

• Visited July 2012