“Great location...But, Don't eat here!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Meredith, New Hampshire
“Great location...But, Don't eat here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you are hungry, avoid The Common Man restaurants in Meredith. The Lake House is a picturesque restaurant and pub. The pub is often buzzing and I can't think of many better places to grab a drink. However, the food is HORRIBLE! They can't seem to keep kitchen help and short order cooks are preparing dishes well beyond their abilities. Unfortunately, someone keeps adding 5 Star reviews to this site. Believe me, don't waste your money. Enjoy your drink but eat elsewhere.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

New Hampshire
“Love coming here in the winter...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Up for a long weekend, we spent
Much time in the bar. The bartender was great. Very local, I love speaking with other Plymouth alum... The comman man ale is awesome. The Kobe burger is great. The lobster corn chowder never let's me down, although I think the bowls are getting smaller. The pizzas are great. The following night we had the mahi mahi fish special and it was great. We also had the seared tuna. Tuna was tastey. This may be a biased review as I love it here. The beautiful setting always puts me into a great mood. Anyone heading up to lake Winne should stop in, at the very least for a beer and an app. Looking forward to going to Camp tomorrow. Gotta love the comman man family of places to stay and eat!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“romantic setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Beautiful/romantic setting for an evening meal.Beautiful view of the lake.Warm,clean restaurant with attentive friendly staff.

Visited November 2012
“Part of the Common Man Restaurant chain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Timber beams, rustic furnishings, panoramic views of Meredith Bay so close you feel like you could touch them through the windows, giant stained glass acorn chandeliers and the wonderful food that the Common Man restaurants are known for....who could ask for anything more?

I always get the Tenderloin and have only had one (once) that wasn't fork tender. The drinks are on the weak side. I never would have noticed had I not gone to another establishment where my usual was much, much stronger. I loved the lettuce wedge salad but they took it off the menu.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous decor and superb location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have eaten here three times, and been several other times for drink. The staff are incredibly polite, the decor inside is pure New Hampshire: rustic & charming, with large wooden beams & expansive views of the lake. I have had lunch, dinner, and a FANTASTIC Sunday brunch here. The food never fails. The menu is not particularly inventive... it is fairly predictable. But from me this is not a complaint. I like their offering very much and more than anything I appreciate that it is done well, and not overly priced. I also appreciate the kind, understated, and attentive staff. This place is utterly without pretensions. There is also often live music here. Once there was a pianist, and the Sunday brunch offered a jazz duo. I will definitely be back. NB: It's especially great to go in the off-season when it is quieter.

• Visited January 2013