“Best restaurant in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 Restaurants in Meredith
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Boston MA
“Best restaurant in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

I have been to this restaurant several times and it is always good. There is a lot of outdoor seating right on the water, on a sandy "beach" with picnic tables and umbrellas. Beautiful view. The service is friendly and accomodating. Full bar with some fun drinks. Great burgers, wraps, interesting salads, lobster rolls, meat and fish dishes including lobster dinners. There is an ice-cream stand attached, with great home-made ice cream, many interesting flavors. Wednesday is $1 cone day. Also a picnic area for non-waitress service (you go inside and order your food and bring it out.) The only drawbacks are that there is sometimes a line to get in and the tables are sometimes sticky and not cleaned well or often enough.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Clyde, North Carolina
“Full Bellied Clams???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

Now we're southerners, born & bred, okay. And I thought I'd eaten about everything that could be eaten (and a few that couldn't) that was battered & fried. My wife & I happened upon Town Docks on a rainy Tuesday afternoon, the first week of July. The atmosphere and wait-staff were both great. I opened the menu and my eyes immediately went to "From the 'Fry Room'". I'd eaten fried clam strips before. But I'd never heard of fried "full bellied clams" before that fateful rainy afternoon. I had to try them. And they were awesome!!!

Massachusetts
“Great family place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

My family and I are always looking for good food plus a family-friendly atmosphere. Town Docks was great. The weather has been awful and it was mid-week so not very crowded, but you can tell the place can get packed. Great views of the water, friendly waitstaff, and they were accommodating to our super-finicky son. We all enjoyed our drinks and meals. I would definitely go there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great booze! Fantastic location! we were able to dock our boat right on the public docks and eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Just got a hamburger and...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

Just got a hamburger and paid a couple of bucks for it. I could have gotten a better one at the Pizza joints. More of a bar place.