“Gave them another try, was just as disappointed!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 32 Restaurants in Meredith
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Center Sandwich, New Hampshire
“Gave them another try, was just as disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The last time I went to this restaurant was a few years ago (see my previous review), so I decided to be fair and give them another chance...I shouldn't have bothered! We went there for breakfast...there was only one waitress covering the entire restaurant, and it took forever to get seated. Then she proceeded to mess up our order 3 times by bringing the wrong food (guess I didn't learn, this happened to me the last time too!), so I had to end up (again!!) watching my family eat and then having to rush through my own meal. When the bill came, we were overcharged (good thing I always analyze the bill)...she actually charged us for the wrong food that she had brought! The food wasn't that great, very bland...the corned beef hash had no flavor at all and the portions were small in relation to how much money they were. Well, I tried...and they failed again :(

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Meredith, New Hampshire
“A good place for breakfast in a central location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

There were no surprises on the menu, but the portions were large and the price modest for typical American food. It is located within easy walking distance of Mills Falls, the shops on Main Street, the docks,and the inns.

Visited August 2011
Wallingford, Connecticut
“best breakfast in new england”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We had 7 breakfasts during our 8 day stay Eggs muffins waffles,biscuits were all fantastic

Visited February 2012
Southington
“THEY LIE-The Corned Beef Hash is not "homemade" it is canned!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We were in the area for my daughters 18th birthday and heard good things about this place. However, I eat carb free and will only go to a restaurant that serves homemade cornbeef hash. They advertise their cornbeef hash as "homemade" but should have known better by the way the word "homemade" was added to the menu. I got the cornbeef hash with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce, The eggs and sauce were very good. My daughters muffin was really good, but I noticed that the hash was greasy and loaded with tiny tiny potatoes and very little meat just like canned hash. The more I tried it the more I suspected it was canned. I said to my daughter, "maybe they ran out of homemade and snuck in canned hash this morning". Finally a gentleman sitting across from us confronted the waiter and said "this is not homemade, this is canned". The waiter admitted to the gentleman that it was canned but they call it homemade because they "doctor it up" by adding extra corned beef.There was no extra corned beef at all! Or so little you could not tell. I drove 45 minutes to come to this restaurant for my daughter's birthday because they advertised that their hash was homemade and when they admitted it was canned they still had the audacity to still charge me for my meal! They still charged me even after I explained that I drove here just because they advertised home made corned beef hash. I did not want to make a scene but if the owner reads this he needs to do the right thing and refund our money and take the word "homemade" off the menu!

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Great place for breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

They have more kinds of benedicts for breakfast than I have ever seen. Friendly and welcoming, and the breakfasts are excellent.

Visited December 2011