“Worst experience ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Peep-Willow Farm Bed and Breakfast

Peep-Willow Farm Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marlborough
Peep-Willow Farm Bed and Breakfast
You added Peep-Willow Farm Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
51 Bixby Street, Marlborough, NH 03455   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Marlborough B&B and Inns
Lake Harmony, Pennsylvania
“Worst experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We were so excited about having a "reunion" of old friends and staying at Peep-Willow Farm. When we arrived, we found the bathroom filthy, the rooms small and someone other than our group which had booked the whole Inn taking a shower in our bathroom. In the end, we did not stay the night but rather booked a hotel in town. Noel didn't seem to care and it was obvious that she was renting rooms rather than a customer focused B&B.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
morefunoutdoors, Owner at Peep-Willow Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
It is true this elderly group did have an unfortunate experience. I do tell people ahead of time that this is not a fancy country Inn. The rooms are small and not luxurious. There are no private baths although the one in question adjoins their room and is private at night.
Most of the attractions are outdoors. It is, in fact, a B&B and a working horse farm in the country, and dogs and cats also live in the house. We also accept guests with dogs or cats. The dog is a black German Shepherd who barks a lot an had been put in her crate so she would not annoy or scare anyone.
Although the rooms had been cleaned just the day before by a house keeper, this particular weekend it was pouring rain and quite damp and humid, creating a smell someplace. We have since found the source and tended to that problem. I also have a sunroom adjoining the living room which has developed leakes which need to be fixed but first it has to stop raining.
It was a very busy weekend and I had also rented out my vacant apartment next door. As it turned out the hot water in the apartment shower didn't work so I told that guest to use the one in the house.The other guests were gone at the time, (apparently they were out looking for and found, another place to stay) but did return to find "their" bahroom occupied. The group of guests never mentioned to me that they were having any problems, so I felt badly that I had no opportunity to help them. They simply stormed out, slamming the door on their way. They would not even tell me where they were going so a few minutes later, when a package was delivered here for them I could not contact them.
Any time I have guests arrive here and my home is not to their liking, no matter what the reason. I immediately try to help them find another place. I am sorry that Peep-Willow Farm did not work out for them. But they were certainly correct that on that bad day it wasn't a good fit.

Families
Couples
Business
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

On the lower slopes of mt. Monadnock, in the town of Marlborough, this is a wonderful and very affordable bed&breakfast, at the horse farm of Noel Aderer. Since she's not into commercial advertising, you won't find it in the directories, but there's no place with this value for money!

Noel is a wonderful host, the rooms are simple and small but very adequate, and there's a huge living/dining/kitchen where you'll spend some hours, probably enjoying the lovely breakfast and talking with Noel and Karl about the country, where to go and more.

And it's half the price of all the commercial B&B's.

Go meet Noel and enjoy New Hampshire!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Been to Peep-Willow Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!