“It is a Courtyard......But” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Plainville, Connecticut
“It is a Courtyard......But”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Lower end on the Courtyard side...Nothing bad, room clean and all that but bar and restaraunt combined and under staffed. Still very friendly and all that and location is great for airport. A lot of great food in the area surrounding the hotel if you want to venture out including a Roadhouse and Longhorn both around the corner.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to offer feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly staff; however, I apologize that your experience in our restaurant was not up to standard. I will look into the staffing issue you mentioned and I hope you will give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to providing an excellent guest experience, every time.

Tessie Gadwah, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Due the weather on 2/13)14 I had to find a room. I came here. The front desk was not pleasant as they should be for the price of the room. They have some poor guy snow blowing vs plowing parking lot.I was asked to move my truck so he could snow blow. In the middle of the storm with a broken foot! The front desk seeing me struggle with the bag trolly didn't offer assistance even though I clearly have a disability with my foot. The floor was not kept dry. While using the computer, trying to book a room for my husband, who was stranded in another state. I lost the booking information because of the way their computer was set. I brought it to the front desk attention and the girl telling them I had been getting booking info and it left the page and I can't get it back. The girl told me there was nothing she can so it's timed if your inactive. Asked where that sign was. She appeared irritated and walked off. I Called the customer care line and got attitude there and was told to speak to management because I couldn't remember the girls name.My call was dropped and didn't get a call back. I travel 300+ days out of the year and am also in customer care business. We stay at other motels that charge a lot less and get a whole lot better customer care than this stay @110 a night.

• Stayed February 2014
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Hayley,

I sincerely apologize for the service failures you experienced during your stay with us. I will be discussing your comments with my front desk staff as the incidents you identified do not align with their customer service training. I appreciate the feedback and hope that you will give us another try to demonstrate our commitment to customer service.

Tessie Gadwah, GM
Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Nice rooms, all the facilities you would expect. Better during the week for business travellers - very busy on the weekend so the breakfast room was very crowded but the counters were continually refreshed and the service was adequate. Good proximity to nearby restaurants and The Mall of NH for some NH tax free shopping!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tessie G, General Manager at Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay. Our guests opinions and feedback are very important to us. We hope to see you for your next trip to the Manchester area.
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

As a person who faithfully consults Trip Advisor for reviews when planning a trip it is actually quite rare that I give a bad review of anything because my fellow reviewers here are usually right on the mark and you can depend on the reviews here to guide you. This is unfortunately one of those rare times.
While planning a foliage tour through New England we booked a stay at this hotel for the first nights stay and the last nights stay in our route through northern New England. We picked this hotel purposely as the back of the hotel faces undeveloped hills and thought it would be beautiful to enjoy in foliage season and give us a colorful view from our room. We had stayed at this hotel on a trip in 2011 and enjoyed our stay.
The first thing we noticed was how worn the room and furnishings were from what we had remembered and the fact that the room needed a good cleaning that it had not had for some time. There was dust accumulated on the underneath of tables etc. and the sliding glass door had not been cleaned in a while and could barely be seen through. The bathroom floor had cracks in it and grout missing. The next morning we found out that aside from coffee there is no continental breakfast except for a buffet for 11.95/ per person. which I found to be excessive for what you got which is about the same as a free breakfast in most hotels. The final straw for me was a billing mixup charging me more than was quoted. To be fair, the gentleman at the front desk was very helpful in fixing that issue but I decided that I was not going to stay there on the return from up north and found a room at another local hotel for approximately the same price for a room in a resort setting and free breakfast right down the road.
When I got home I called Marriott customer service and they appologized for the dirty room and explained that this hotel is due for a rehab in late 2014 and did try to make it right for me and I truly appreciate their effort on it. I will certainly stay at Marriott properties in the future but I think I will wait until this one has been renovated to stay again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Good hotel that is conveinet to Air port. Good service, clean rooms. not as quite as other Marriotts, but it is in a busy , airport area. Breakfast is served $11.99 plus tax and tip.
Room is nice and for the cost $100. Got in too late to use the hot tub or pool.
Will stay again if I visit here.. Close to airport. Good stuff, fit our purposes just great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I made a weekend trip to New Hampshire for her birthday. The particular Marriott offers hot tubs in some rooms (look for room type "Guest room, 1 King, Whirlpool"), so I opted for this hotel.

The room was quite nice. The hot tub fit two people and was located right next to the bed, which was also rather cool.

I also appreciated the good customer service here, as is always the case with Marriott. I had a voucher for a free night at a Marriott property of category 4 or below, but that was only supposed to work for base room rates. The more expensive "whirlpool" rooms were not supposed to be available under a voucher. When I called in to Marriott's national reservation line, however, they agreed to ask the hotel if they would make an exception for me, and they graciously agreed.

Unfortunately I can't say much more about the hotel as we only stayed here for the one night, but that night was quite pleasant. I've attached a photo of the room and hot tub here. For any couples thinking of making a day trip from Boston, I'd recommend going out to dinner at the Bedford Village Inn (en route) and then staying the night here. We very much enjoyed the trip.

Room Tip: Ask if the hotel would be willing to upgrade you to a "whirlpool" room (they have hot tubs...