“Wow” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
North Bergen, New Jersey
“Wow”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't mind staying at a sub-par hotel for a cheaper price. I don't mind if the hotel room is poorly decorated with old carpeting and old-fashioned covers or if there's no refrigerator or small TV, because I'm only there to sleep. And I've stayed at plenty subpar hotels which haven't been bad, but this hotel, wow. I was shocked and dismayed at how dirty it was. It was as if they didn't even really bother to try cleaning. The tub was dirty, dirt on the bed, sheets and pillow smelled like cigarettes, and pubic hair in the sink. Pros: plenty of parking, friendly staff, and free high-speed wifi.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
GMeconolodgeNH031, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay. We would have been more than happy to accommodate you to another room if there was any inconvenience. None the less we sincerely apologize once again and hope to serve you better in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

This place is not recommended. Shady characters abound. Not clean. Don't go here. Go down the road to anywhere else! I don't mean to be cruel but you can rent a clean room for the same money. Not safe!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
GMeconolodgeNH031, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 23, 2015

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I want to apologize if you didn't feel safe and secure at the hotel. We do take our guests security at a top priority and apologize that we were not able to do so during your stay. I will look into my housekeeping department as well on the lack of cleanliness that you found during your stay. We would have been more than happy to accommodate you to another room if anything was found unsatisfactory with your current room. None the less it was our responsibility and I do apologize for not meeting that standard.

Once again on behalf of our entire team here I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and hope to serve you better in the future.

Darcy Variava
Manager
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2015

You cannot beat the price that this hotel offers in return for all of the wonderful amenities including ***Free WiFi***, laundry on site, Continental breakfast and proximity to downtown Manchester and the Millyard Tech Sector.

The proprietor is a very kind and warm individual who is very professional and patient when It comes to serving his customers. He is very resourceful and does not try to "upsell" anything to you. Just a good honest and hard working gentleman!

The staff is all friendly and more than willing to help you with special requests... I needed some hand sanitizer to use as anti-freeze when I had trouble removing the quick release on my bicycle. The young woman who helped me was very quick and hospitable towards me. All staff is friendly and the other hotel guests who stayed during my stay were all clean cut young couples or single business travelers. No riff-raff!

**Continental breakfast included fresh dairy and juices, bagels, muffins, etc. The dining room is very clean, quiet and relaxing ... what a great day to start your day!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we greatly appreciate that you enjoyed the amenities the hotel had to offer. We appreciate that you valued your stay with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again soon.

Darcy V.
Manager
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

We were looking for a cheap place to ride out a snowstorm so we could fly out of the Manchester airport the following day. Our cheap rate got us a cheap dirty room on the ground floor with windows that's opened up on eye level with the parking lot. There was hair everywhere (pet and human), stains on seemingly every vertical surface, and floors so grimy I kept my socks on the whole time ( I would have even worn them in the shower, but didn't actually want to take a shower there). One of the nights we had the heat turned up all the way, but it was freezing. When we asked ( at 3:00 in the morning) for an extra blanket, the person at the desk said no. (No? Why not?!?) Our sleep was interrupted the other night we were there by a noisy domestic dispute in the room above us (also at 3:00 AM).
Now to be fair, there were some positives- the bed was actually comfortable and the majority of the staff seemed nice (3am desk man excluded). I would not consider myself a particularly critical traveler. Often I'm camping when I travel, so you'd think any indoor space would be a step up, but this was NOT a positive experience. As I said, you get what you pay for- lesson learned- next time I will splurge on a hotel that is not surrounded by police cars when I depart (which it was).

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

I was looking for an affordable stay for a week. I travel on a regualr basis for work and this was the worst experience I have every had. The employees were rude and not helpful at all. The rooms had NO fridge, microwave, iron or iron board. I paid for a room change, so I could have a fridge and all my food went bad becuase it was broken. They hotel would not refund my money becuase I did not inform them at the moment of check in that the fridge was broken. There is no business center or exercise area. My room was not clean had not been vaccumed or wipped down. My bathroom had stains on the walls. The guests were creepy and staired at me as I walked down the hall, multiple times. The hotel location was not in safe neighborhood. I would NEVER suggest this place to anyone. This was the worst experience I have ever had traveling, for over 20 years.

Room Tip: Never go here. You can hear everything in the hotel no matter your location. I would never suggest t...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Half the price of the fancier places but not half the quality. The management was polite and efficient, the room was clean and everything worked well, the bed was comfortable and the hot water was plentiful and plenty hot. Considering the proximity to the highway, my room was very quiet. Fresh coffee and the basics for a continental breakfast - muffins, bagels, several choices of cereal, yogurt. The price was as quoted when I made my reservation. A good basic place to spend a comfortable night.

• Stayed November 2014
Greenfield, New Hampshire, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

I stayed here last weekend and it was the worste hotel experiance I have ever had. they kept bumping the rate, they had rediculous hidden fees, the place was FILTHY! I could not wait to get out of here...the management was incredibly rude! lot's of prostitution and drug activity...did not feel safe here.

Room Tip: look somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!