“Run away as fast as you can” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 16 hotels in Manchester
“Run away as fast as you can”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Econolodge review
Upon arriving at the Econolodge my wife and I were uneasy as we were not in the best area. We had booked the room for one night as we could not find any other available hotels due to the NASCAR race. The price of the room was pretty much doubled because of the race. We did not want to stay based on the area but decided to go in anyway. The smell upon entering was terrible and the lobby was dirty. The front desk staff was rude. We did not have the credit card we booked with or the cash to pay so we were told if we did not stay our credit card would be charged the following day. Why they could charge our credit card for a "no show " but could not charge us for the room is beyond me but we were not planning on staying anyway because it was gross. They will probably charge us for the room but we plan on disputing the charge. Upon reading reviews (which i failed to do before booking)after we made a hasty exit we were even more glad we didn't stay as they confirmed out worst fears. Needless to say we ended up spending twice as much for a much nicer hotel but it was totally worth it.

• Stayed July 2013

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lisle, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Wish there were 2 1/2 stars, that would be closer to the truth. We bikers aren't particular when it's raining hard and we need a warm dry place to sleep, and this Econolodge was like Mecca for us.
The room was a little rough but it worked fine for me. I doubt my wife would feel comfortable staying here. If you are at all particular about your lodging, then this isn't the place for you. If you want to travel economically and are ok with worn linens in a 1970's room, then dive right in.
Continental breakfast was muffins, coffee, orange drink, and some packaged pastries. Adequate for me but not for everyone. The price was...as you might expect...very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great price! Where else can you spend $65 and get wifi, laundry, cable and continental breakfast? Room was clean, bed comfortable and it was quiet. Only complaint is a TV remote that did not work, hardly a game changer!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My friend booked this hotel for a 2 night stay without even checking the reviews. We went there for Another Anime Convention and Friday night we noticed that there were cigarette burns in the blankets, I'm talking about multiple cigarette burns, I counted at least 40 in my blanket.

The next thing we noticed was that the walls had a hole as well as blood stains and fecal matter on it and the blankets also had big blood stains on them. When we called to get a new blanket the manager told us to come down and then promptly hung up on my friend. I went down there and waited ten minutes at the front desk and he wasn't there. We called again and he yelled and said he was there the whole time and we could barely understand him because he could barely speak English. He was very rude.

After that we noticed there were prostitutes outside the front door (ages 14-17) and the 3 of them were with to skeezy looking guys that looked to be in their mid 20s. The vending machine also had condoms in them, a nameless brand of condoms right above the candy and below the chips.

The shower sucked and was non adjustable and I twisted my finger trying to turn it on.
We also heard a woman say "I just want to get out of this place!" right in the hallway so we're not the only ones who had a horrible time here. Spend the extra $50 on a better hotel cuz this one is gross and in a horrible neighborhood.

• Stayed October 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I travel for business and pay my own expenses so I'm always looking for cheap rooms. I booked this through American Express with points so based on that and the overall rating on various other travel sites including tripadvisor, I booked the hotel for 3 nights.

Check in was fine. It wasn't until the 3rd night that I realized that EVERY night when I pulled in there were young girls (16-20 years oldish) walking to and from the hotel sometimes with men, sometimes alone.

The first night I was awoken by a constant banging of the headboard next door against the wall. The second night I was kept wake by an apparent party in the parking lot and I'm still on my final night so we'll see how this goes!

I've only spent a few hours awake here and the cast of characters that I've witnessed in the hallways can only be described as what you'd find in a holding cell.

Needless to say, I won't be back!

Room Tip: Don't do it!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Camden, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was booked into this hotel by a business colleague, on arrival I found the staff to be slow and unhelpful. The locations is seedy and felt unsafe. The room was dirty and smelt damp. I returned to the front desk within a few minutes of checking in and politely said I would be moving on but they refused to refund my room charge. Give this place a miss...

Room Tip: Go to La Quinta instead
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!