“Love the Salmon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of XO on Elm

XO on Elm
827 Elm St, Manchester, NH 03101 (Formerly XO on Elm, Fine Dining Restaurant)
+1 603-560-7998
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
XO on Elm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 311 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: International, Mediterranean, American
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Manchester Street
Transit: Public Transit stops only a block away.
Description: XO on Elm located in the heart of Manchester features recognizable cuisine from all over the globe with our chef"s fresh twist on it, artfully presented and consistently delicious. Upon opening we were featured in The Hippo Magazine for "Best of the Best" and "Best of Manchester" for tapas. We are proud to say our daily specials are the most unique in all of the area. Sit in our dining room or lounge and feel at home while surrounded by beautiful contemporary decor not to mention our one of a kind street side patio, whether it be for a tapa or a signature martini join us on your next night out.
“Love the Salmon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

HAve never had a bad meal. I especially like their salmon - it is often done with an Asian glaze which is wonderful.. In warm weather the outdoor seating area is attractive.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“So disappointed !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I had a reservation on Valentine's night. I had high expectation as I had visited before and the service/food was excellent. That night was extremely disappointing. We had to wait about 15/20 minutes to be seated, which was understandable. We sat on the banquet side and the first words out of our server's mouth was " I hope you're not in a rush tonight. The kitchen is backed up." We were ok with this and said we'd have a few drinks in the meantime. My wine and my boyfriend's beer didn't arrive for at least 30 minutes after we placed our order. That should have been our first red flag. At the same time we ordered our drink, we ordered calamari. It never came. We listened to other diners around us complaining to each other that the service was terrible and their food/drinks were not coming. After being at the restaurant for over an hour and a half, our water glasses never refilled and our waitress never returned to ask if we would like another drink. As we were about to put money on the table for our drinks and leave, another server brought our meals out. Mine was ice cold. Our appetizer never came. He was very apologetic and brought me another glass of wine but forgot my boyfriend's beer. Our waitress never came to check on how our food was. It was such a disappointment for a place that is very capable of excellent food and service. After sharing this terrible experience with a friend of mine, she said she had the same exact service two Valentine's prior. How sad! My message to management is do not over book and do not open the banquet side if your restaurant is not able to give good service. (Quality over quantity?!) I can't say that I will visit again. Too many other good places to eat in Manchester to have that service again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Valentines Evening Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I must say this place was jammed packed full. We had a 9:30 reservation through Open Table. When we arrived we were told that we had an hour wait. Wow! We had a reservation; it wasn't supposed to be this way. Within in a few minutes we were greeted by a waiter by the name of Peter. Ya! He got us a drink and walked us to a comfortable spot in the back - it doesn't end there. He ordered an appetizer for us, just before the appetizer came, we had our seat. He recommended Salmon, my Honey ordered Crab Cakes. The service and food was out of this world. Forgot the desert, it was real creamy and light.

What didn't seem right for the moment is that we were seated in the function which felt like a cafeteria warehouse. The restaurant atmosphere didn't fit the event. My suggestion to management would be to at least decorate this function hall for the Valentine event next year.

We will definitely frequent this restaurant; the regular part of the restaurant seemed very pleasant and fits the Menu.
Jack & Cindy

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Hampshire
“Not as good as I'd hoped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Went for birthday dinner with my wife and daughter. The service and setting were good, but the food was meh. I had Tapas and small plates -- meatballs were fair to poor, chicken wings were fair to good, shrimp was good, but not great.

My wife had the skirt steak and it was very tough (I know it is not a tender cut, but it was very tough), my daughter had the risotto and thought it was pretty good.

Manchester has a lot of good restaurants; sorry to see this does not live up to its rep.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, New Hampshire
“A big disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had been there a few times in the past and my and I were excited by the extended tapas menu and the excellent write up in the local weekly so we decided to go there to celebrate her birthday.
I had to order four bottles of wines before I came across one on their modest list that they actually had in stock.
The waiter was very difficult to understand, although I did understand him to say that the shortage of wine was a common issue. This reminded me that we had been there about 2 years previously and the first bottle of wine, the same Bordeaux that was my first choice this time, was not available then. However it was dealt with completely differently then. The maitre d' immediately stepped in and recommended a better wine at the price of my original choice. This time the owner stayed in the background although she was clearly very aware of the situation. Indeed she kept out of way the whole time but spent at least ten minutes chatting with the people on a nearby table, even bringing them complimentary desserts, some of which were not on the menu.
Most of the food was good but two of the hot dishes were lukewarrm at best.
They have a separate function room and I was considering using it for an upcoming milestone birthday party but I am still looking.

• Visited July 2013