“"PLAY BALL"” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vermonville, New York, USA
“"PLAY BALL"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a nice room overlooking the baseball field. We really had a good time and plan to return at a future date. I didn't give it an excellent review because of a few key things. First was the pool, as a family with young children you know how important a good pool is, this was a very small pool with eerily dark water. The second thing was no fresh air/ cracking a window. I understand for safety reasons not having windows that open fully but if you could even crack a small window to hear the activity (the crowd) of the game sure would add a lot. My third and final thing would be that they had a better arrangement in the room for watching the game. We are paying extra to have a view so they should have appropriate seating to watch the game. A desk chair can be rolled over but the bed is too far away and the lounge chair is too low. A few small changes would make it excellent.
As for the breakfast, I would recommend the cold option. I don't believe the chef tasted things or he would have realized the garlic salt was over used to the point of inedible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments and suggestions. Regarding the pool area, I am sorry for the lack of opening windows, however there is a door leading out to the hot tub that could be propped open to allow some fresh air in. I realize that this is not an ideal situation however and I am sorry for the inconvenience. I have also forwarded your concerns regarding breakfast to our Chef so he can review the amount of seasonings our cooks use. I am glad to hear that you will be returning at another date. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to request extra chairs if you'd like to enjoy the game from your room. We'd be happy to assist in making it a more comfortable experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Everyone was helpful and friendly during our entire stay. The beds in the room were very comfy and our view of the baseball field was great...too bad there weren't any games during our stay. My 10 year old loved the indoor pool. The breakfast was OK, we only ate at the hotel restaurant once. Everything we needed was available, or within a close driving distance. I will definitely stay here again.

Saco, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend soccer tournament. The hotel is lovely... the staff are helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately for us there were a few things that caused our stay to be less pleasant. The curtains in the rooms do not close. Going to sleep wasn't too bad but my son was up as soon as it started getting light... 5 am :( Our friends were on the baseball side and there was a game... bright lights... getting to sleep was tough. The pool area is nice... but fairly small. There were only 4 chairs in the pool area... it was standing room only. There also were never any towels and we were at the pool 3 different times. The vending machines were sold out on 3 floors.There was an in room fridge which was awesome but it froze all the food I brought for the games. We did have the breakfast buffet and the food/selections were good... but there weren't any plates. They eventually got some after I asked. I get that it was a busy weekend but there should have been some preparation for that. None of these taken individually were a big deal but as a whole I'll probably think twice before staying here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Hilton Garden Inn, Manchester for your accommodations during your tournament. I am truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Please know that your experience is not typical of the service we provide and I regret that you did not have a better experience. Please know that all guest rooms are equipped with blackout shades which are located behind the sheer curtains. I am sorry that you were not made aware of this. We would love the opportunity to have you back should your plans bring you back to Manchester as I am confident you will have a better experience. Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns, we truly appreciate all guest feedback.
Beaumont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Everyone in the Hotel was very nice and Friendly. Could maybe upgrade the TV in the room a bit. Breakfast was good. Oh ya, what a great dinner at the ballpark restaurant. Try to catch the firework show if you get a chance. I just got back from Disney, and was shocked how good it was! Will stay again if i am in to nearby again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing HGI Manchester. This is the time of year to visit with baseball and fireworks! The firework display the stadium puts on is truly amazing. It is such a treat for families as well as the business traveler. We hope to see you again soon.
ATHOL, MA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

It was our spring vacation. We went to see the Manchester Fishercats (double a team of the Toronto Blue Jays) and the Portland Sea Dogs ( double a team of the Boston Red sox). We had dinner on the Patio with great food and great service. The hotel staff was very helpful. Will be back in the end of June for more good food and baseball.

Room Tip: Take the baseball view. It is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm so glad you enjoyed dinner and a game during your stay and we look forward to seeing you in June!
Everett, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Room rug needed deep cleaning shampoo, or replacement, room was otherwise very clean. Room rate was a little high for the area. Staff was great. Bar closed too early, midnight on a Friday. Breakfast was fine. Overall stay was nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed one night for business. I had a high level room facing the ball field, and as luck would have it there was a game being played the night I stayed. It felt like I was in a luxury box at the stadium. The rooms are typical in design, but very clean and comfortable, and after the bar closed for the night, very quiet. Everything else, however, was above average including the hotel grounds, food, and very friendly and helpful service. Frankly it did not look or feel like an HGI. I ate a light dinner at the back patio which is literally at the left center field wall of the stadium. What a great atmosphere, and nice people. Will definitely stay again when I am up in Manchester. What a nice distraction from the business travel grind.

Room Tip: Request a room if possible facing the baseball field, if you like baseball that is...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. It is truly great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you have another opportunity to stay during a game. Please let us know if we can assist with your reservations. Take care!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown? Share your experiences!