“Terrific Food; Just Not Enough of It” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cotton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 348 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stark Street
Maryland
“Terrific Food; Just Not Enough of It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Had the Mediterranean Salad with salmon. I am not a big salmon fan but it was the only salad on the lunch menu. I was very pleasantly surprised with how delicious the salmon was. It was moist and lightly seasoned with tziki sauce and vinaigrette on the Greek inspired salad. Just a delight. But for $11.95 I would have expected more salad, and sure enough, about an hour later, I was having chips and dip at home because I was still hungry. I would go back, however, especially to try dinner there.

Manchester, New Hampshire
“We returned and did Cotton justice this time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I wrote a review a little while back saying how good Cotton was but we couldn't do it justice as we only had one appetizer and one entree between us. Well recently we went back to do Cotton justice and that is what we did. We were seated in a booth in the bar area as the tables downstairs are just too close together (hence the 4 versus 5 stars). Our Waitress came right on over and we ordered our usual cosmopolitans while we browsed the menu. We were asked what type of vodka we would prefer which is always the sign of an attentive wait person. The cosmos arrived with a basket of warm sourdough bread and a nice creamy butter that was spreadable and not frozen solid. The cosmos were not watered down in the least, they actually tasted of the vodka which is so unusual at a restaurant. Very good indeed. The menu had quite a few specials for the night and the regular menu, while not huge, is so difficult to chose from because there are so many wonderful sounding items.

My Wife decided she was going to have the beet and arugula salad with scallops as her main course so she wasn't up for an appetizer. Not me, I was ready to dig in. So, I ordered the pot stickers. They came with an Asian dipping sauce in a dish in the middle of the plate. These are not your regular sized pot stickers you are served in Asian establishments, they are much smaller, truly bite sized. However, there were a lot of them on the plate and my Wife and I ended up sharing as there were so many. Man, were they good. Cooked perfectly with a really flavorful filling of pork and leeks. We ate them all they were that delicious.

As stated earlier, my Wife wanted the salad for her entree. I can't remember the last time she was asked how she would like her scallops cooked, again, the sign of an attentive wait person and a nice touch. I went with the grilled lamb steak. It was the best lamb steak I have ever eaten and I have eaten a lot of lamb. It was cooked perfectly with a superb demi-glace, just as tender as could be, truly melt in your mouth. The Maine potatoes had a nice crunchy exterior and soft insides. The asparagus was also cooked perfectly with just a hint of a snap as you ate it.

All in all a wonderful experience. This is now on our regular rotation. Oh, I almost forgot, try the patio, very romantic.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Warwick, Rhode Island
“so good we went twice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Lovely restaurant in old cotton mill. Great decor inside, surprise garden dining (seasonal). Both times we had drinks and appetizers, which was plenty. Fun staff. Take time to walk along the water after dining.

Visited June 2014
Jackson, New Hampshire
“We tried Cotton based on Tripadvisor and friends recommendations...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

...and we sure didn't regret it. Easy access off of the highway and easy parking in the old mill section. No problem parking even with a Fischer Cats ball game in progress. Cotton is casual/upscale and you won't be out of place in either dress or upscale casual clothes. The atmosphere is sporty/lofty with a vine covered out door patio that looked like it would be a good choice on a warm summer night. We were well greeted and seated immediately with our reservations. Our server (228/Becky...thanks!) was extremely competent, very pleasant and attentive without hovering, perhaps the best server we have ever had! There were four of us dining, and we each had something different. We had salads of different types (Caesar, beet with arugula, and wedge) and the reviews were positive...with the Caesar being perhaps the weakest link.

With regard to main courses, my steak Diane was superb. Nicely prepared, well presented, large portions and overall just nicely done...at a reasonable price. The meatloaf got rave reviews...as did the haddock and grilled chicken with lemon butter. Upscale comfort food....with proportions for those that like to eat. We like to eat...and there was plenty of food. Mashed potatoes were unlimited on the meatloaf...and they were SO good. Martinis and Cosmos were spot on.

Deserts were also reasonably priced and very good...pistachio ice cream and brownie sundaes. We wish we lived closer... Cotton is great.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dunbarton, NH
“Excellent Food and service - but be careful where you're seated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Our second time at Cotton, the food and service was supreme. The four of us had a variety of drinks, meat and seafood dishes and all the food and the service was outstanding.

The one negative was where we were seated - I had made reservations early in the week (we ate on Friday evening) and were seated in a booth by the bar. It was very noisy as it was in an area where people were waiting for tables to open up. If seated there in the future we would ask to move.

Visited July 2014