“Happy ending...after a rocky start!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cotton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 347 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stark Street
Manchester
“Happy ending...after a rocky start!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

First, let me start by saying that this is one of our favorite places we save for special occasions, the food is always top notch, and we find the value to be high. Some of the favs we ordered on this occasion were Bistro Steak-with mashed potatoes and baby carrots-fantastic and cooked to perfection! Others in our party had the Turkey Schnitzel and Lamb Loin Chops.The serve great bread for the table as well, always appreciated!

The rocky start was when we arrived, the hostess who greated us appeared sullen, and was not cheerful as one would expect for a greeting walking in, there was confusion about our reservation, not shared with us why or what but at least the ?manager? came over and took care of us....saying he would explain to her later what happened. Waitress arrived and took drink orders once we were seated, not the fastest service, but we were in no rush, unfortunately, she got the drink orders wrong and tried to tell me that it was my fault...what?

I was surprised that on a Thursday night the bar was EMPTY by 8:30, and the restaurannt was a quarter full....not sure why it was a slow night or if their business is off?

In summary, a great culinary expereince, but the "front end" of the business appears to be in need of improvements!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cotton101, Owner at Cotton, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Tqmman2002,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your dining experience to my attention. I appreciate this much more than you know. I value each and every one of my guests. It is equally important for me to hear both the good and the bad. Without hearing the bad, I am unable to learn, grow and better serve my guests in the future. I apologize on behalf of your server and Cotton for the confusion on our part regarding the wine service. Your server has been with us for ten years and while the incident could have been handled differently, I know she meant no disrespect to you and your guests.

I have addressed this incident with my managers and service staff. I (we) will learn from yesterday’s mistakes and better serve all our guests tomorrow.

I truly appreciate each and every guest who joins us at Cotton. I have saved your previous reservation data in our online reservation system. The next time you join us at Cotton, I will have a bottle of the Greg Norman Cabernet-Merlot waiting for you on your table.

Jeffrey Paige – Chef/Owner
Cotton
75 Arms Street
Manchester, NH 03101
603-622-5488

“Great comfort food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had dinner here on a Sunday night. The restaurant was busy and we did not have a reservation but we were promptly seated. The wine list has a number of good choices. Extensive cocktail list. The menu has a lot of comfort food favorites like meat loaf and fried chicken. I had the bistro steak which was very good. Portion size was generous but not overly huge.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Great martini menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went here on a weeknight that we didn't feel like cooking. We shared a couple of appies, and had a couple of martini's. Love the atmosphere. They're known for their meatloaf, couldn't bring myself to order meatloaf with my martini...guess I'll have to go back and try it!

Visited January 2013
Hooksett, New Hampshire
“Fun menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Love this place - quirky fun menu and everything is good. My favorite is the Crab Cake Sandwich (although the Tuna Tataki is great too). Best martinis in town!

Visited December 2012
Pepperell, Massachusetts
“A Good Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Dined at Cotton with GF and another couple last night before heading to a comedy show. Our friends had heard good things, so we decided to try it. It's a small restaurant, and I would recommend making reservations on weekends. We had reservations for 6:30 and were seated as soon as we walked in. Drinks for all of us, and nobody was complaining...all were good. The one disappointment of the night was the calamari appetizer. After eating maybe 1/3 of it, I noticed about a 1/4 inch of oil in the dish, just soaking into the calamari....yuck. I informed the waitress, and she said: "That's how they serve it here by putting spicy oil over them"....I said: "No thanks"....was very surprised that she didn't offer to take this off our bill...but whatever. The meals we had were all excellent. I had one of their nightly specials of grilled mahi mahi with lobster mashed potatoes....it was awesome!! I tasted everyones meal, including the lobster ravioli which was good....the grilled scallops were very good....and their signature meatloaf was delish!! Besides the sna-fu with the calamari, it was a really nice meal. I would definitely recommend, and will go back for sure.

• Visited January 2013