“great calamari” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cotton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 347 Restaurants in Manchester
Cross street: Stark Street
New Hampshire
“great calamari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

they have the best calamari I have EVER had!!! They also have some very unique menu dishes that are worth a try!

Visited March 2012

LHemy
“Very good indeed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Once you FIND the place, which I had to use my GPS to do, you immediately sense that is would be a great meal the moment you walk in and see the atmosphere. It's very fun and nice. I would enjoy sitting outside in the summer as well, very nice looking spot as well.
Our server was good and that can make or break your evening, believe me.
A few minor observations:
1. Lots of spicy food on the menu and I would have wanted to try a few things, but was somewhat put off by that word. I like a tiny big of spice but only tiny. We split the fried calamari and it was great, but just a bit spicy. Our companion had the Jambalaya and even though he loves spicy food, it was a bit too much for him as well. So, be careful.
2. I had the Bistro Steak and it was so good, topped with blue cheese butter and bacon. Wow. Very nice.
3. The bread was excellent and when our server noticed we devoured it, she actually brought us MORE... yummy!
I would go back.
I highly recommend a reservation, even on a week night. It was a birthday celebration and I had never been there before and I called ahead, and I am glad I did. The place filled up really fast, even on a Thursday night.
I look forward to trying it another time. I'm not sure I'd go there with young children, maybe 8 and up?
I really enjoyed the view from the parking lot of the old Amoskeag Mills in Manchester with the sunset behind them. Very nice. Right next to UNH's Manchester campus as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Comfort Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The food was good. Not as great as our expectations from what I have heard but was worth the trip. The environment is quaint and inviting, the service was friendly and pleasant and the overall experience can best be encapsulated as "Feel good"
A great recommendation for a Friday after work.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent service, charming setting, but unremarkable food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This popular restaurant offers a charming setting and excellent service, but the food is more Cheesecake Factory than fine dining. The portions are more than generous, but almost every dish was over-sauced, over-cheesy, over-done. Cutest and tastiest dish was popcorn shrimp served in a a movie theatre popcorn box (to match the photos and posters of classic film on the walls). Jambalaya was overwhelmed by massive quantities of andouille sausage. The dressing on the spinach salad lacked zing.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Louisiana
“Great restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This little restaurant was a little difficult to find, but was certainly worthwild. Great atmosphere, great waitress and very nice atmosphere.Grilled salmen with salsa and the scallop appetizer were the best. Will definitely go there again if ever in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Food