“Best BBQ in NH” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 348 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Hamburgers
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Welcome to KC's Rib Shack Barbecue restaurant. New Hampshire's favorite BBQ for close to two decades. At KC's Rib Shack, serving the world's finest hickory-smoked ribs and BBQ is our passion. Our food and exceptional service are definitely two things we take seriously. No white tablecloths here, you'll sit at butcher paper covered tables under the Christmas lights and pull from a roll of paper towels to wipe our homemade BBQ sauces from your face. Our Southern style Barbeque, Bar-B-Que, Bar-B-Cue, just Q, or however you spell it, is seasoned with our own recipe of different dry rubs and cooked without sauce. Its then cut to order and prepared straight from our smokers which run 24 hours a day...
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Best BBQ in NH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Absolutely love KC's. Its the best BBQ in NH, maybe all of New England. Very diverse menu. Everything I've ever had is delicious. Fav's include: sausage bites, chicken cordon blue sandwich and of course any of the smoked meats. I've only ever gotten the baked beans, cornbread and dirty rice sides, all have always been exceptional.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Eden, Vermont
“Not bad BBQ for New England”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stopped in with friends this last Saturday and we tried the 4 meet platter. Not a bad choice, since you get to try 4 of the 5 meats they offer, a couple sides and cornbread. They also offer the ribs dry or wet! The food was good, I only wish for a little deeper smoke ring and a touch more smoke flavor. Not a bad choice and I would definitely stop by again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashua, New Hampshire
“It was ok...a few surprises”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I should start this by saying I do not eat red meat or pork - not trying to save the world, just a preference. That being said, this place is full of all kinds of red meat and pork. Lucky for me they also have chicken.

We started with wings… salt & pepper and honey garlic. Both were great - cooked perfectly and very tasty. Hubby had the ribs and said that they were good. We both had the pasta salad and shockingly it was full of bacon. Looking back, I should have asked and expected it given the location, but I do not eat bacon so that ruined the side for me. The corn bread was also full of jalapeños. Again, not unheard of, but I was not expecting my bread to be spicy. I had the dry rubbed chicken - it was great. Cooked perfectly and had great flavor. Mashed potatoes tasted a bit bland, but they were ok. My kiddo had a cheeseburger, she said she liked it. She was looking forward to the cornbread, but since it was full of jalapenos, she didn’t like it.

Service was excellent; waitress was very attentive and on the ball.

Not sure I’ll go back anytime soon – unless the hubby really wants to.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Franklin, Tennessee
“OK lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were in the area traveling and ate here twice due to it's proximity to the airport. The quality of the brisket on the first meal was above average however the Brunswick Stew left a lot to be desired. The second meal, the brisket was much worse and frankly a disappointment. Service is good in this fun place, food could be better.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NH
“One of the best catered meals we've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Hired this place to cater an alpaca shearing party and Matt did a great job. From the very beginning to the very end they did everything they said they would, on time and on budget. From the pulled pork, to burnt ends to the ribs, everything was perfect. The food was excellent, the service professional and the price very competitive. We had a small group of about 20 very hungry people and everyone was more than satisfied not only with the quality but with the quantity. They delivered everything on time, set up everything from plates to chafing dished to utensils, great job.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere