“Food was great!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Salem, New Hampshire
“Food was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My family had heard of the food challenge that is served on a shovel that KC's offers so we decided to give the restaurant a try. We all had excellent meals in a fun and comfortable environment. The restaurant itself is located behind another restaurant and is set further back than the street which makes it difficult to see if your just driving passed although they do also have a street sign.
The restaurant itself is really small but comfortable. It also offers a bar and some televisions that were showing the Red Sox vs. Yankees game, which we greatly appreciated. The hosting and wait staff were really great and patient. A few of our party members arrived after the majority and the staff didn't even seem to mind. They just patiently took all of our orders.
The menu is primarily based around BBQ although I did see a vegetarian option listed on the menu. They offer ribs, brisket, burgers, sandwiches and great side options like Cole slaw, beans, fries and more. One of our meals came out before the rest of our meals but it actually worked out really well. We had spent the morning apple picking and my grandfather was hungry so when his meal came out early we all didn't mind at all. It was actually a good thing. All of our food was cooked as requested. I got a burger and asked that it be cooked well done. I was delighted to see that they had done just that.
We did see that KC's also had some sort of bar and lounge area outside on a different part of the building. It was nicely decorated in a tiki like theme. The restaurant serves the food on plastic plates, forks and knives. It reminds me of a BBQ/ picnic that someone would have at their home. It also has license plates that decorate the interior.
Overall we enjoyed our visit to KC's. It was pleasant and nice for our family gathering. The staff was nice and patient. The food was good. If we are in the area again we will be going back.

• Visited September 2013

75% Recommend
Goffstown, New Hampshire
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great food. Very casual. I love the corn bread. I don't have little ones but I think kids would like this place too. Just a nice laid back chill and eat place :)

• Visited August 2013
Gilford, New Hampshire
“Forget the diet and pass the Pulled Pork and Bubba Bucket”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

These guys BBQ like no one else in NH..
Not fancy so wear your jeans,, paper plates, plastic silverware its an indoor picnic..
Great food, fun sides..
Going with a date try a Bubba Bucket..
Going with the kids...Crayons are ok
Riding the motorcycle check out the Tiki Hut

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“Deep Fried Pickle Heaven and Huge Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Took our out of town guests from Toronto to KC's for dinner. While I am not a fan of smoked food, everyone loved their dinners and we ended up heading home with what felt like was 1/2 of our meal as everyone was so full.

Usual Kraft Paper / Crayon tables type environment with 6 different sauce choices on table to use for your meat and lots of choices for everyone to choose from. As long as you are not bringing a Vegan for dinner you cannot go wrong with KC's no matter what age your party is

Our hubbies especially liked the "Nice Rack" Tshirts the waitresses were sporting as well !!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best BBQ in New Hampshire!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

While traveling on business I happened upon the great BBQ place! I have since been back 2 times since my initial visit and I will go back every time I am in town. I have had the Ribs, Brisket, Chicken, Pulled Pork, Dirty Rice, baked Beans and although I generally don't care for Cornbread, theirs was out of this world! Rustic decor and family style dining make this a great place to go solo or bring a party. You will enjoy every visit, I certainly did! Highly recommended!

Visited July 2013