“Best BBQ in New Hampshire!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 337 restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“Best BBQ in New Hampshire!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

While traveling on business I happened upon the great BBQ place! I have since been back 2 times since my initial visit and I will go back every time I am in town. I have had the Ribs, Brisket, Chicken, Pulled Pork, Dirty Rice, baked Beans and although I generally don't care for Cornbread, theirs was out of this world! Rustic decor and family style dining make this a great place to go solo or bring a party. You will enjoy every visit, I certainly did! Highly recommended!

Visited July 2013

75% Recommend
Windham, New Hampshire
“Alot of Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We ordered the QQ Platter of which we had pulled pork, ribs, brisket, and sausage. With the meal you also get the choice of 2 sides. I loved everything except the sausage. I wish I had chosen the chicken instead. It was too much for the 2 of us to eat and will be enjoying the leftovers another night. The food was very tender and no fat. I loved it. They bring out different sauces that you can put on your meats. They cam out of the fridge and were cold - I wished they had them at room temperature because I didnt like putting cold sauce on hot meat.
Wait staff was very pleasant. I will go back!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Best Ribs around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is the best Rib place around here.The Ribs are always perfect.The rest of the menu is just as good.The Chili is fantastic.If you like BBQ,then look no further.This is Rib Heaven.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lakeside in Eastern Ontario
“Yum yum yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The recommendation to eat at The KC Rib Shack came from the clerk at the hotel we are staying at. It was about a 10 minute walk away so it was really convenient.

When we walked into the parking lot, it was full of cars with New Hampshire license plates so we knew it had to be. good spot if alot of locals were there.

We had to wait about 10-15 minutes for a seat but the waiting area was very comfortable with seats and lots to read.

When we got to our table, Courtney, our waitress was there to take our drink orders. My husband had a rum and coke and it was very healthy. I had a Dreamsicle and it was delicious.

We had hush puppies as our appetizer and they were delicious, served with a maple dipping sauce. My husband had the burger and coleslaw as his main and I had the pulled pork sandwich with mashed potatoes. Yum yum yum! The mashed potatoes were real mashed potatoes. We decided to split a dessert and since my husband loves bacon, we had the bacon and maple ice cream. The maple flavour was very predominant but there was definitely bacon in it as we found many chunks.

Everything was delicious, hot and flavourful. Courtney was very attentive and friendly. Prices were very reasonable.Atmosphere was fun and upbeat.

Kevin, the owner, has his personal cell phone and email address on the menu so you can contact him directly if there are any problems.

If you are travelling through New Hampshire, take the time to stop in, it's definitely worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Charlotte, FL
“Great BBQ but not for everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you want some of the best ribs, pulled pork, BBQ chicken or brisket and don't mind the noise and the old booths that look like they have been there since the 50's and the rickety old place, then you can't go wrong here. Voted best ribs in Manchester, NH. I've been here several times and will go again when I can. For me its all about the food.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere