“Great new Japanese Restaurant in Manchester” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great new Japanese Restaurant in Manchester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Brought some colleagues there for dinner because the menu would fit everyone's tastes. Our Hibachi Chef was very fun and really made the night. The food was very great. I will return next time I am in town to try their sushi selections.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Hampshire
“Best Japanese Habatchi Around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Upon entering Masa you will notice the great decor throughout the restaurant. Me and my family and friends, 12 all together went over to the bar and most got a Mai Tai. The drinks were reasonably priced and were one of the best Mai Tai's I ever had, even better then the ones I had in Hawaii. We then made our way over the the Habatchi grill and all took a seat. I ordered the tenderloin steak and shrimp dish, which came with a salad, soup and a couple grilled shrimp as an appetizer. Our Habatchi chef was amazing, his tricks and jokes kept all 12 of us easily entertained and laughing while he cooked our dinner. My food was so delicious I almost ordered a second dish just to bring home with me. The steak was cooked perfectly to order (medium) with not one piece of gristle. The shrimp was also cooked perfect with just the right amount of seasonings. The grilled veggies and fried rice were also the best I have tasted at a restaurant in a long time. I almost forgot to mention that while he was cooking our food he played a Saki game on who could drink the most saki that he squirted in our mouths from a squeeze bottle. I only lasted 10 seconds, with the best being 32 seconds. Like I said from beginning to end, from service to food you will not be disappointed! I highly recommend Masa the next time you are in the area and want to have a great time and awesome food!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Fun with good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

A typical Japanese Hibachi restaurant, Masa offers knife masters with various skill levels who make the usual onion volcano, etc. The showmen put on a good demonstration, but the food was unfortunately underseasoned and overcooked and the shrimp tasted slightly freezer burnt. Servings were adequate and the show makes it almost worth the $23 a shrimp plate price, especially If you haven't been to a Hibachi grill restaurant before.

• Visited October 2012