“Excellent facility in a funky neighborhood” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 41 things to do in Manchester
Central NY
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent facility in a funky neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The facility itself was very nice - wide, spacious hallways, more than adequate restroom facilities. Our seats were great, the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, we had absolutely no issues with crowding getting to the exits when the concert was over. The neighborhood was not the best, but it was in the middle of the downtown area. Some of us sat in the nearly empty parking lot for more than an hour after the concert while waiting for others who were attending a meet & greet. We didn't feel threatened, but we were on the alert. More than enough parking areas open around the facility. We saw $20 event parking, but went around the corner and got in to a lot directly across from the back entrance to the arena for $15.

Visited August 2013

Manchester, New Hampshire
22 attraction reviews
“Great Venue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have seen a number of different types of shows here and love this venue! Cirque du Soleil, Jeff Dunham, The Eagles, The Manchester Monarchs Hockey team and even the PBR. Each event was set up differently so that there was never a bad seat to be had. I do have to say that the upper balcony seats are kind of scary, but I'm afraid of heights :) There are plenty of restaurants and bars in the area for dinner before or after show drinks. Parking is plentiful and ranges from $10-$20 depending on how close you want to park. There's plenty of metered parking along the streets. Get there early for metered parking or if you want a bite to eat before the show.

Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
“Something is just awesome about a smaller venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

So I happened to be having a 'concert year' when all my favorite bands are rolling through town so I spend an obscene amount on tickets. This time happened to be for my friend who absolutely had to go to this concert in NH. Well, after attending a few other shows at the Garden, this place was just fantastic. Our seats were on the lower level and so close to the stage we could see their facial expressions! It just felt intimate. Yes the sound isn't that great but the bathrooms were way less crowded, probably because there were more available. Obviously they kept that in mind when building the place. It's still super clean, but what surprised me was the limited food options. I was expecting the usual fried fare but instead there was only a couple of subs, hot dogs and pizza selections. Also a plus for a smaller venue, it took no time at all to walk down the 2 flights of stairs and out to the car. We were extremely lucky arriving when we did because we got the last spot in the parking lot right behind the Arena, but I know there is lots of street parking and garages if you're willing to walk. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Visited August 2013
New England
54 attraction reviews
“Parking and acoustics negate an otherwise good experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We have seen several shows here, and we've had both good and bad experiences. It is in the city, and parking is not abundant. Get there early! Also, I thought my ears were going to bleed as the volume was so high when we went to see a band perform! Seriously . . . bring ear plugs, and you'll still be able to hear very well! I don't care for the floor seating. If people stand up in front of you, you might as well not have a seat as you, too, will have to stand for the entire show. I recommend the seats on either side of the stage toward the middle.

Visited February 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire
6 attraction reviews
“10,000 seat venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Manchester Monarchs an AHL farm team for the LA Kings is based there. Tickets are reasonable. Also many recording artists appear there. Many nice small restaurants in the area.

Visited July 2013