“Great beer list” 4 of 5 stars

Description: http://www.britishbeer.com/local/manchester/
New Hampshire
“Great beer list”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We first started going here when it first opened and it tends to have the same growing pains as other new places. As someone who had great food experiences at local pubs in England, I was really hoping I could recapture some of the same tastes. Unfortunately it just isn't the same. The steak pie was a bit bland and steak rubbery. The sandwiches haven't been that spectacular either. My last visit I tried a chicken bap which is an insanely large bap roll and a tiny piece of chicken. The roll was very dry and falling apart. The wings your way are hit or miss too. We fell in love with them and then they started going downhill in quality. The old standby of fish and chips is the fallback menu item. The consistency is not there though. Sometimes it comes out perfect and others it comes out waaaaaayyy overdone. All in all we keep going back hoping it gets better. Maybe they are just going through a rough patch. I will say that the service is always excellent and everyone is so friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Derry, New Hampshire
“Love the large Beer List!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Actually, we had already had lunch when we drove by BBC and decided to try. Of course they have the beer flights ($8), to allow you to sample anything and everything. My wife had some wine while I sampled several beers, ended up enjoying a smokey chocolate stout and a German selection Wienstaphaner(?spelling is probably way off?). Both very different from each other, but good in their own way. We stayed long enough to decide to order some Buffalo Wings. I know, buffalo wings at an english pub.?? Well they were head and shoulders above any other place I have had wings, and I have been searching for a long time. I promise that the fact they were 25 cents each during Happy Hour, is not influencing my opinion what so ever. They were a good average size and cooked and sauced perfectly...Anyway, this was just a small sampling, but we will return.

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Good beer list, food is okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The beer list here is pretty good. Should be something for everybody's taste.
The food is okay, I have not had anything that blew me away but nothing that was really bad either the only real negative I have about the place is that I have been there three times now and have yet to have an error free trip. They have brought out the wrong food to at least one person I was with all three times and one of those times the meal they gave my brother was right but not what he was expecting because the last time he had gone he had ordered this salad and they must have made an error then and brought him out something different that he liked so he thought he would order it again.....guess not LOL.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Hooksett, New Hampshire
“A fun night out, not the place if you're looking for a quiet dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

They have a good selection on the menu and beer list. I got the Ahi Tuna Tacos which were very good, the tuna was cooked more than I like but the Mango chutney made the flavor of the taco delicous. The french onion soup was very good, and my husband got the steak tips and mashed potatoes which where equally delicious! Definitly be sure to call ahead. We called ahead and still waited an hour but it was worth it, good food and good service, not to mention they let you sample any beer you want!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amherst, New Hampshire, United States
“Great Place To Dine, Ask For Stacy D ... But Avoid The Burger w/Fries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We visited this place because my Wife won a Gift Certificate. Usually I do not enjoy Chain Restaurants, as a retired Fine Dining Chef and restaurant owner, I have low tolerance for cookie cutter food presentations served by vacuous/insincere worker ants. Our visit was a pleasant treat. The variety offerred by the menu was very complete, although I would like to see a few Vegan offerings, and to be true to Pub menus I would expect a Lasagna and a Curry. None the less, the selections available cover a wide range of dining experiences. Our visit was on a Monday evening, we were seated right away, and greeted right away by Stacy ("no e") D, our Server. Stacy has that fantastic ability to interact with her customers at a comfortable level, she was: sincere, pleasant, and a sense of humor, a real treat, not expected at a Chain Restaurant. If I owned this chain of restaurants I would have Stacy training my Servers. Our party had a Tequilla Chicken Dish, the BBC Burger, and a Pasty. Having lived on the Minnesota Iron Range we have a long history with Pasties, and have enjoyed them in Ireland, especially those from Torten in Fermoy. The Chicken and the Pasty were really very well done, great mix of tastes and textures. The Burger was tasty, although ordered Medium Rare it arrived "pinkish" and actually was a bit past "Medium" toward "Medium Well", the Fries with the Burger were soggy and just "warm", obviously the fries were cooked somewhat too soon, probably cooked before the we ordered. The burger and fries were the only short coming, and as there are lots of other things on the menu I will return, I just will not order a Burger .

• Visited September 2012