“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sandusky, Ohio
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was my second time staying at this hotel for over a week to visit my family...The reason why I choose to go back is the friendly staff, they are all very helpful and pleasant..willing to accommodate any needs I had..GM was able to find my granddaughters jacket that was left behind.

The outside property is well kept up..nice landscaping and nice to take a walk..and play basketball along with outside grills if you feel like grilling with a sitting area.

Location is close to major highways, shopping, restaurants and airport..

The rooms are very spacious..Suite with a full kitchen, if you want to cook in...large bedroom with full size T.V and dresser and closet. and a full bathroom..The living area is big enough to have family over and relax..

I greatly enjoyed my stay and cant wait for my next trip back..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
sue b,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with us. We're so happy to hear that you consider us your home away from home. Our goal is to make every guest feel that way and we're glad that we've succeeded with you. We look forward to hosting you next time you're in town!

Jonathan Newton, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Livermore, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This place is amazing and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone traveling to the Manchester, NH area. We had an amazing experience from the welcoming and accomodating staff to the beautiful and spotless rooms. When the need arises, I would welcome the chance to stay here again.

A special thank you to Adam at the desk who upgraded our room to a beautiful two bedroom suite and the staff who helped with my son's tie when we were crazy late for my niece's wedding in Boston!!!:)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I'll be perfectly frank: I don't know how to tie a tie. So, when I went to the lobby, I didn't expect much help. Much to my surprise, Linda and Adam (The two people on duty at the time) were able to help me extremely quickly, as we had to get to a wedding in Boston.

Beyond that? The hotel was amazing. Clean, excellent decor, and as previously mentioned, a great, helpful and super friendly staff. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Norristown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was one of the nicest new hotels we ever stayed at. I wish we could have stayed longer than one night. This hotel was very clean, décor was great and we definitely plan to stay here again next year. Was a great find, for a great price. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Rebecca G,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think. We're so pleased to hear that you consider us one of the nicest hotels you've ever stayed at. We strive to make every guest's experience like yours and we're happy to hear that we've succeeded. Come back and see us soon.

Jonathan Newton
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Even for just one night, this hotel makes you feel like welcome family. Clean, spacious and new everything. Even though it is close to roads and an airport, there are beautiful trees and enough greenery around the place to mask the city feeling - I had a lovely view of New England autumn foliage from my windows.
There is a convenient shuttle to the airport and multiple other local attractions, stores, and restaurants - for free! Reservations required. The shuttle driver was prompt and courteous.
Good first impression when arriving at this nicely maintained facility. There were welcoming rocking chairs on the front porch.
I had called the hotel before leaving home to inquire about restaurants within walking distance, and the desk clerk was very helpful - and remembered me when I checked in. She had a list for me of the local places to eat.
Check-in was very fast and efficient, and genuinely welcoming. If you are lucky, you will encounter Linda at the front desk, and she obviously loves people and socializing. We had a great conversation session later that evening when she was on duty. Everyone with guest contact at this hotel seems extraordinarily sociable helpful, friendly, and polite.
My room was very large and clean, and I was delighted to have four windows (with screens) which opened and let in the nice cool autumn fresh air. I had a bedroom with a king bed, large bathroom area, small kitchen with everything, and a nice living room. Enough phones and TVs to keep a family occupied.
The only thing which kept the room from being totally perfect was an improperly secured toilet seat, but a call to the front desk sent the maintenance crew within minutes, and they fixed the problem quickly.
Plenty of places to sit, good linens, toiletries, places to put clothing.
There is a fitness center at this hotel, which I unfortunately did not have time to use. A tiny but well-stocked little shop is adjacent to the check-in area, with snacks, beverages, sundries, newspapers, etc. Very nice lobby with a fireplace and places to sit, eat, work.
I had the complimentary dinner offered by the hotel, and it was freshly prepared. Buffet style, and all items were kept at proper serving temperatures. Staff was available to assist with special requests or whatever was needed. It was an Asian chicken stir-fry meal and very good. Salad bar and marvelous deserts also available, as well as wines for purchase. One can eat with others in the dining area, or use the take-out style containers to dine in privacy in your hotel room.
Free bottled water was not available at my level of Hilton Honors, but those higher up will receive this. Water is available for purchase, or in the dining area to fill water bottles.
I had a problem printing my boarding pass, and the front desk ladies easily took care of this for me.
Very quiet hotel all night long - I never heard another guest, cars, road noise, or airplanes. Very good bed, which was just a bit too soft for my comfort level, but with plenty of nice pillows and linens.
One guest I spoke to in the lobby while waiting for the shuttle to the airport told me she had been there for a few months during home renovations, and felt right at home and well cared for.
I would gladly stay at this wonderful hotel again, and highly recommend it, especially for what it offers, very close to the Manchester/Boston Regional Airport, and above all, the staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
NewWorld2C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review and for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and staff and that you spoke with other guests who felt the same. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Linda. We hope to see you again soon.

Wentzville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the night before having to catch a flight out of MHT. The room was fabulous. Everything looked as if it had recently been renovated. Nice, clean, fresh and beautifully appointed. We stayed on the first floor in a king mini suite. The bed was lush and very comfortable. The location is perfect if you are needing to be close to the airport. It took us just about 5 minutes to get there. The staff is very helpful in recommending restaurants and other places in the city to visit. Our stay was from Fri to Sat. There wasn't much plane noise on Fri but Sat morning you do start to hear the planes taking off. It wasn't really loud enough to be annoying. The value for the room was the best we had encountered on our trip thru the New England states. We had already stayed at 4 different places paying upwards of $250-350 per night so paying slightly over &100 per night was a welcome change. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We greatly enjoyed our stay. The staff could not have been more warm and accommodating.
It was a last minute decision to stay at the airport but on our next trip we will be staying there again.
Great breakfast, beautiful and clean room. Close to everything.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mark L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and let us know how we're doing. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff, facilities, and convenient location. Please come back and see us next time you're in town.

Jonathan Newton, GM

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport? Share your experiences!