“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Standish, Maine
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here and used the stay and park option. We had made reservations two months ahead of time. When we arrived, and got to our room, it was a smoking room, and a very smoky and smelly room at that. We had reserved a nonsmoking room. I called down to the front desk and told them I had reserved a non smoking room over two months ago. They told me they were fully booked, and didn't have any non smoking rooms. (Why couldn't they tell me this at check-in, and let me decide if I wanted this.) They did offer to call other area hotels, but since we already had the parking taken care of, and it was very late, we opted not to deal with the hassle. Instead we all ended up stinking like stale cigarette smoke. When we arrived back at the airport, we called the hotel for a shuttle like we were told to. We were told someone would be there by 15 minutes. After waiting in the hotel shuttle area and watching several other hotels pick up passengers, called the hotel back after 20 min, was told that they had already been there and picked up passengers. Um, no, you certainly never came through, we had four of us watching. So, she says they'll be right back over. After waiting another 15 minutes, called again, woman was not very nice at all. Van finally ended up coming after we had been waiting 40 minutes. It was late, still had another long car ride, and it was just plain disappointing. Will not stay with this company again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. First, let me offer my sincere apologies. I can understand why you didn’t have a very good stay or experience with our shuttle. Please give me call so that we can discuss and I can make this right for you. Again, I’m very sorry about you receiving a smoking room and the difficulty that we had picking you up at the airport.

Jeff Pelletier
Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester-Boston Regional Airport
603-668-2200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
san fran
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I like airplanes but if you dont then stay elsewhere. The jets are 1000 ft away.
This Homewood is worn down , funky carpets, overpriced, and staffed by a comedy of immigrant workers who speak varying degrees of English. It seems to be owned by a middle eastern group
whose extended family fills many positions. As a person who rarely stays anywhere near Boston
I am still shocked by the overpriced everything ,especially hotel rooms. Its nothing but a b%st ripoff. Hilton doesnt try to cover up their " pay up the a##" or stay somewhere else. I guess if your company covers it then who cares. I wouldnt. But no one ever covers mine.
Here is a note to the owner. Change the carpets buddy. Or maybe apply as a Fairfield Inn franchise instead of a Hilton.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. Our hotel is an airport property and many of our guests enjoy its close proximity to the airport and our free airport shuttle. We seldom get complaints about the noise as the building was designed to reduce noise from the airplanes. However, upon your next stay, please let us know so that we can try to reserve you a room on the non-airport side of the building.

Thank you also for your comments about the carpet. We will actually be replacing all of the carpet in public areas and guestrooms this upcoming winter.

I appreciate your feedback and invite you to contact me directly so that I can speak with you further about your comments and your stay.

Jeff Pelletier
Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester-Boston Regional Airport
McMinnville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We have stayed at the Manchester Homewood Suites several times and always enjoy our stay. This trip we arrived early and Destiny at the front desk was able to get us into our room well before check in time. The manager Jeff was also helpful and friendly,in fact all the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

We especially like the shuttle service they provide to the airport and also to nearby restaurants.
We turned in our rental car when we checked in and the shuttle picked us up at the airport and then took us to the airport the next morning for our flight. They can get to the airport in less than five minutes.

The only con we encountered at the this hotel is the dogs. This is a dog friendly hotel and my complaint is not with the hotel, but with the dog owners. Two times a dog jumped up on us-one time outside the dog got mud on my husbands slacks and a dog also jumped up on us in the elevator. The owners should have better control of their dogs-the dogs were on a leash, but were not controlled. Both times the owners said "He is just a puppy"-I am sorry that is not acceptable.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the 4th floor-away from elevator and ice machine
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed here because of the hotel's proximity to the airport. Rates were low, room was large and clean. They also offer a free, 24 hour shuttle service to and from the airport. Several reviews mentioned airplane noise but that's to be expected when you are just across the fence from airport property. For me it wasn't an issue. If I were flying out of Manchester again, I would stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oceanside, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Nice room to stay and a good value. Free comp diner with beer or wine and a really good breakfast. Kids loved the pool. Close to the airport.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Merrimack, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Manchester one night for an early flight the next morning. We were able to park & fly and leave our car at the Hampton Suites for the entire duration of our trip, 2 weeks. The cost of the room and the two weeks parking was about 1/4th the cost of the parking alone at the airport. Room was spotless, bed was the best, the full kitchen was wonderful and fully equiped, morning breakfast unbelievable. We are now loyal customers of the Homewood suites and will always plan our hotel stays with them. My husband will be traveling to Delaware for 13 weeks, Monday thru Thurs. and we have made his reservation already. Thank yo for such a wonderful experience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Ellsworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

We had reserved a room that was a smoking room accidently. When we called after we realized the error, we were advised that the hotel was booked for the night we were staying. We were advised that they would make sure that the room was cleaned and aired out prior to our arrival. We didn't have an option to change hotels because an expo was going on that weekend.
When we got to the hotel were were advised that if there was an issue with the room once we got up that they would send a member of the hotel staff to take care of any lingering issue. I am typically not impressed with the way they attempt to cover up or hide smoke smells.
When we got into the room we were pleasently suprised. There was only a hint of smoke, and it was obvious that all the bedding had been changed, because there was not noticable odor present.
I am very sensitive to smokey smells and did not have any issues sleeping in that room.
In addition to the how clean the room was, I was very impressed with the overall accomidations. We anticipated a lot of notice a lot of noise since it was close to the airport, but we didn't hear anything.
It is a great centrally located hotel with easy access to the mall and downtown expo centers.
We plan on staying again (and making sure we request a non-smoking room).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport? Share your experiences!