“Not Impressed by this Holiday Inn - Rooms Outdated” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Westminster, Colorado
“Not Impressed by this Holiday Inn - Rooms Outdated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Based on previous reviews and an early morning flight out of MHT airport, I booked here for one overnight. First impression of the lobby and exterior was positive - updated, renovated and nice. That unfortunately was the last good impression I had of this property.

I found the rooms to be very outdated, even by Holiday Inn standards. As I exited the elevator onto the 4th floor I noticed a funny odor in the hallway which continued all the way down to the room. It wasn't smoke or anything necessarily foul, but more like an old, musty smell you might get from your aunt's house or something. Weird.

The room furniture is so old that it probably came from a thrift store, and the sofa bed was so dusty we didn't dare even sit on it. You can tell from the walls and floorboards that this is an old property. The only modern things in the room was the flat screen TV and the shower/toilet room - rest of it, circa 1970 or 80-something. Bed was OK but the headboard was as old as the rest of the decor and not as comfortable as I'm used to at newer Holiday Inns.

The front desk wasn't impressive either. Service was fine and polite, but there was only 1 young college-aged woman on duty, not in any manner of professional dress and was very harried from being alone. There was a helpful maintenance worker who helped fixed the printer in the business center however. Parking was a pain as the hotel didn't seem that busy but the lot was still almost full.

Personally, I wouldn't stay here again but I understand the convenience factor to MHT - but there are other, better choices. Hotel is set well off I-293 so there was no noticeable traffic noise and there are gas stations across the street if you need to fill up your rental car, plus a Dunkin Donuts. I didn't get to eat at the diner but it was quite busy.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the rear of the property so you don't get any noise off of Brown Ave.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Jaswim17, Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
I thank you for taking the time to share with us your honest feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Manchester. I wish to relay to you the disappointment I feel over the poor impression the hotel has left on you. Our hotel and staff takes much pride in having won the Intercontinental Hotels Group ‘Quality of Excellence’ award, a representation of only the best in product quality, hotel operation, and customer satisfaction among Holiday Inn’s located within the New England region. It has always and will continue to be our approach to successfully deliver comfortable, clean, friendly, and convenient service to each and every one of our hotel guests to make for the most pleasant and memorable of experiences. On Thursday, January 29th the 4th floor hallway carpet was professionally cleaned by use of various cleaning agents. I can speak personally on behalf of an odor that had resonated for some time as the carpets had dried, and I apologize that the odor had led to a negative first impression regarding the hotel’s cleanliness standards. In addition, I appreciate the opportunity to share your service experience with our staff. We continuously try and uncover ways to improve on our interactions with our guests, and your feedback certainly allows us that opportunity. Lastly, I am so excited to share with you the positive change coming to the Manchester Holiday Inn in 2012! It is our best intention to continue to modernize the hotel to the new look and feel of the newly built and redesigned Holiday Inn’s, and in doing so nearly $500,000 will be spent in updates within each of our 96 guest rooms, and public spaces. The updates will include brand new hallway & guest room carpet, newly designed bathrooms, an accent wall, new headboards, drapes, couches, chairs, and lamps. The completion of this renovation is scheduled for the end of 2012, and I am so very hopeful that you would consider a second visit to the property to experience the rejuvenated look and feel of the hotel property! Thank you again for your feedback, as well as the opportunity to share with you some exciting news surrounding our Holiday Inn! We wish you only the best in 2012.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed here the night before a recent family trip to germany, although we did not have an early flight I prefer to get to the airport the night before in case to traffic or weather problems. When compared with parking alone this was a really good deal as the mystery hotel on a booking site. The check in was good, the room was a bit small for a family room but we only needed an quick over night and we all slept well. The staff in the restaurant were excellent the snacks we ordered (burgers, nachos, toasted sandwiches ) were excellent really hot, quick and generous portions much better than a recent visit to a Mexican chain restaurant. Based in the food in the bar the night before we decided to take up the £15for two breakfast offer which was really good value and very enjoyable . The reception arranged our transfer to the airport - again great service, and when we returned a few days later they picked us up very promptly

Room Tip: There was a Christmas party on but we were on the ground floor not far away but were not disturbed
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Jaswim17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
We hope that you had both a wonderful and most memorable family vacation to Germany! Thank you for choosing to stay with the Holiday Inn prior to your trip, and for taking advantage of the Park Stay and Go package; I am glad you found it to be such a good deal! Our goal is to make the transition to and from the airport as easy as possible for our travelers, and we’re thrilled to hear that you found the services of the front desk to be enjoyable upon every interaction. Upon your next family vacation, might we suggest one of our family friendly packages – which include offerings such as a day of snow tubing at McIntyre Ski Area or $25 shopping gift certificate at the tax free Mall of New Hampshire! Thank you again for sharing your most recent experience with ourselves and your fellow travelers!
West Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I had to spend a night near the Manchester Airport and found this hotel perfect. The shuttle responded promptly to my call from the airport after I arrived, the bed was very comfortable and the bath was very clean, I loved the shower (although mine had a leaky shower head which I reported to the staff and they promised to have a plumber take care of it for the next visitor) and the area was quiet. There is a "diner" type restaurant attached to the hotel which I did not use, nor did I stay late enough to sample any breakfast. There is a McDonalds directly across the street, however, and I will make this my regular place to stay in Manchester.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn-Manchester Airport! I thank you for allowing the hotel the opportunity to address your leaky shower head, and I’m happy to share that it had been fixed within that same day! Upon your next trip to Manchester, we invite you to take advantage of our Park, Stay & Go package, which includes not only includes that prompt transportation to and from the Manchester Airport that you found so convenient, but also an overnight stay and 14 nights complimentary parking! Additionally, the Common Man’s Airport Diner is open 24 hours and provides great, budget friendly meal options. We hope that you’ll find a convenient time to experience it! Thank you for sharing your experience and we can’t be more excited to hear how positive it was. It would be our pleasure to have you return as our guest.
Miramichi, NB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

This was our second time at this hotel in Manchester, NH. We LOVE it here and that is why we decided to go back. We first stayed here in May 2011 as we were driving from New York City, we were on our Honeymoon. The front desk workers are super nice and friendly. They could answer any question we had about the area.

The rooms were very clean, cozy, perfect temperature and huge!! Bathrooms were very well cleaned and maintained!

We travelled around the area and did loads of Christmas Shopping! Love the Long Horn Steak House!! WOW we will be back there again!!!

HOT Breakfast was excellent!!! It was a great start to our day!!!

Check in and check out was a breeze!

Pool is very nice and clean also! Spent some down time there!!

We will be back again soon!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
HI_DOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport and congratulations on your recent Wedding! It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your first stay so much that you decided to return for your most recent trip to Southern NH. Thank you for writing such a wonderful review and I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to our Staff. We hope to see you again on your next Tax Free Shopping Spree in Manchester, New Hampshire!
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

On my Northeast road trip I had to stay in NH, 1-800- Holiday directed me to the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport. As I have stated in other reviews, Holiday Inn didnt fail again. Clean, Cozy, Good Drinks and Great Service. The girls at the desk were very nice and gave good recomendations about the local area. Two thing I have realized since Holiday Inn have changed the logo. 1) The Good- Bath and Body works are in the rooms, Great smelling and much better than the old mint stuff 2) The bad- Most room have small coffee makers in the room now rather than the old 4 or 5 cup brewers. Nothing major because most Holiday Inn give Plat members free coffee in the morning. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
HI_DOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport! It is wonderful to hear how loyal you are to the Holiday Inn brand. As a Platinum Memberber you must travel frequently so we appreciate you taking the time to recognize this Hotel. I will be certain to pass your comments along to our Staff and we hope to see you again the next time you pass through Manchester, NH!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011 via mobile

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel
Everything about it was very clean and the whole staff was very accommodating. I would recommend it to everyone .

• Stayed November 2011
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed two nights while visiting family in Manchester.

The hotel was adequate. The rooms were clean. The housekeeping staff did there jobs just fine.

There was nothing wrong with it, but nothing exceptional either. It suited our needs.

Room had a flat screen tv, refridgerator and one-cup coffee maker.

The bathroom was fine, but the sink counterspace was a bit limited.

There is a diner attached to the hotel - note it is a diner, I would not classify it as a restaurant. Breakfast there was good - we stopped in one evening for a late snack and I would rate the food as fair.

I had severe back pain - but am unsure if the cause was their mattress, or if it was a coincedence.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
We are so pleased to have met your expectations upon your most recent trip to Manchester, New Hampshire! Thank you for your feedback; rest assured we are excited to utilize your comments to exceed those same expectations upon a future trip! The Airport Diner will be most pleased to hear that you enjoyed your morning breakfast; one that’s served 24 hours a day. For even more great value, I might just recommend the hotel’s “Best for Breakfast” package that includes a $20 coupon for breakfast upon a return trip. We appreciate the time you took to share your experiences with us. It would be our pleasure to see you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!