“My New Favorite Full Service Mexican” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Sauce Ristorante - CLOSED

Red Sauce Ristorante
33 South Commercial Street, Manchester, NH 03101 (Formerly Pochito's Mexican Restaurant)
+1 603 232-3487
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner
Manchester, New Hampshire
“My New Favorite Full Service Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Pochito's Mexican Restaurant: I had to write a review once I read some of the other reviews. I have to say. My husband and I have visited a lot of mexican restaurants. We have been to Pohitos on average once a month since Sept 2011. The menu options are fresh and flavorful. The drink selections are not all standard fair. Always service with a smile. Previous to finding this little gem our regular hit would have been La Carreta. I discovered La Carreta on a trip to Washington State a few years ago. Surprise, you may think it is just a local chain... nope. Or Consuelo's Taqueria - authentic Mexican, prepared to order.
Pochito's is definitely good food made fresh. A good value. Yum! I hope Pochito's survives the economy and location and becomes a landmark of Manchester.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Manassas, Virginia
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Service and good were good. A little hard to get into. Just watch the signs to the restaurant.

Visited October 2011
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Fresh, great food and very reasonable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I went to Pochito's with my family and some friends for their 1 year anniversary. My husband, son and I split the Fiesta Nachos to start. The plate is large, the guacamole chunky and fresh and the nachos delicious and freshly made. My husband and I split the California Buritto. It was large and well made with very fresh ingredients.

My friend ordered the fish tacos. It was grilled white fish, very fresh and flavorful served in a soft taco with chopped fresh cilantro and chopped onion on the side. I tried a bite: delicious and simple.

We used to be frequent visitors to La Carreta. Now we are Pochito's fans! The food is never reheated or from frozen. Everything is freshly made to order.

While we were there, a woman played guitar and sang, the bar was lively and the atmosphere fun. It is located in the old Commercial Street Fishery location so it has a welcome upscale flavor than most kitchy Mexican restaurants.

Go, you'll love it!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Windham, New Hampshire
“Good food, unimpressive atmosphere, ok service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

This place used to be a seafood restaurant. Looks like they did not do much remodeling. It's a rather plain looking place, and the views out the windows are of a huge parking lot. Does not feel like a Mexican restaurant at all, more like a typical American restaurant.

The service and food were fine. Nothing stood out at all. The plating was plain, the food was decent. Prices were okay. I was not impressed and would not highly recommend the place, but I'd go back because it is in a convenient location to where we were when we decided to drop in.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Haven, CT
“Very Good Mexican Food and Sweet Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Yes, the entrance door is inside the building not accessible from the outside, but it was easy enough to find.

The bartender was a young pregnant woman who was also our server. She was sweet, patient and attentive giving our second impression of the restaurant an even better review.

The food was delicious, fresh and spicy. The price was very reasonable. I can't think of anything negative. I enjoyed my meal and leftovers.

• Visited August 2011