“Best Brunch Around!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 347 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: near Elm & Lowell Streets
Candia, New Hampshire
“Best Brunch Around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Have been there twice for their Brunch. It's wonderful and reasonably priced - just what I was looking for.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Great restaurant with great food! (review includes directions to free parking lot)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was in Manchester on business, and a colleague at my company's office recommended this restaurant to me. I'm glad I took her advice.

Free parking is available in a lot accessible from Lowell Street. From Elm, turn onto Lowell (it's one way), then make a right into the parking lot just before the diner. Drive to the back and the right of the lot to get to the parking lot for the Firefly (you'll be able to see the awning for the Firefly).

The ambience is modern and clean.

I started with a bowl of the smoked seafood chowder, which was delicious. Plenty of different kinds of seafood--scallops, shrimp, fish, etc., all perfectly smoked and served in a nice broth with just a touch of cream (this isn't a typical "cream based" chowder).

For my main course, I had the braised lamb shank. They were kind enough to substitute the starch with asparagus for me. The lamb shank was out of this world. Slow-cooked until it was falling off the bone and served with just the right amount of the tomato based sauce in which it was braised, including some of the vegetables from the braising liquid. The asparagus was steamed to perfection--still crispy but not undercooked.

I finished with an espresso, which had a perfect crema.

The overall cost of the dinner with tax was $35.

The service was attentive and polite.

I'm glad I ate at the Firefly.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amherst, New Hampshire
“Glad we trusted Trip Advisor reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Looking for a place to have an enjoyable dinner in Manchester and based on the reviews in Trip Advisors we selected Firefly and it was great. The four of us each ordered different items on the menu and could not have been more pleased. The wine choices were good quality and fairly priced. The service was great... we will be back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vermont
“Classic American Food Made Better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

While traveling to Manchester, NH in November we tried eating at the Firefly, but without a reservation on the weeked for dinner - forget it. The place was packed. This just convinced us it was worth trying again the next time we were in town. This time we went or lunch, so I can't comment on dinner. Our lunch for three consisted of 2 soups - Tomato Parmesan and French Onion. Those who had the french onion loved it, though the cheese topping was a bit charred (must have left under the broiler too long). I loved my Tomato Parmesan - very unique and tasty for a tomato soup. My daughter and I both ordered off the $5 lunch menu - yes I said "$5 lunch menu". She ordered the mac n' cheese, which had shell pasta rather than elbows, and was very good and cheesy. Portion was good size without being too much. I had the a grilled cheese with avocado on rye ($1 more for the avocado). It came with large pile of homemade potatoe chips, both the sandwich and the chips were very good. My husband ordered a cheeseburger with onion ring - also very good. 2 soups, 3 lunches nd water came to $32.00. Very pleased. Our waitress was very friendly and the food came out quickly.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Westford, Massachusetts
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

great atmosphere, great service, food is always excellent and the specialty martinis are yummy. Make sure you have reservations if its a friday or saturday night!

Visited November 2012