“Family Friendly FUN!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Madison
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Sports
Activities: Skiing
More attraction details
Owner description: Small ski and recreational area caters to families and those on a budget.
Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
“Family Friendly FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Love King Pine! It is never crowded and the staff is wonderful! Have skiied, tubed and taken lessons and can't speak highly enough of all of it!

Visited February 2012

Newton
“Fun for skiers and non-skiers (me)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We actually go to Purity Spring Resort and King Pine is the skiing part. We've been going for about 10 years. My friends and family ski (downhill & x-country) and I use the pool and hot tub. The staff is incredible. The food is good, not great, but they work hard to accommodate difficult food allergies.

Visited January 2012
Newburyport MA
13 attraction reviews
“Best beginner ski area in NE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Wish we discovered this place when the kids were even younger. The prices are right, terrain never seems icy and crowds non existent. This is the 3rd year we've been coming regularly and the kids feel so comfortable. Easy to park and get around while lugging gear. Always a spot for your bags and a seat to get ready and for eating. Best kept secret is to park at Milts place lodge and pretty much ski from your car. Kid's favorite event is on New Year Eve when they let kids ski down intermediate trail in glow stick parade.

Visited January 2012
Watertown, Massachusetts
“Awesome Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

King Pine is a great place to ski, Love it! As a family, we have been going up to king pine for many years. It's a great place to learn how to ski. The lodge is nice and plenty of room. We also have stayed at the resort which is also very nice. Great Food! Great Trails and Great People. Lift ticket price is reasonable

Visited January 2011
Andover, Massachusetts
“What a ski area should be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

During our family vacation, we decided to take the kids skiing at King Pine. I don't ski much, but the husband and the kids love it! We tried a few other ski mountains while we were on vacation, Attitash (they hated it), Cranmore (kids said it was good but too busy), and then King Pine. (Their favorite). I will only be writing a review about King Pine since I was there with them for most of the afternoon.

I loved that the vibe at King Pine was mellow, there wasn't many lines for lifts (if any), everyone was nice, and you could let the kids go off on their own for a bit without worrying. The lodge area although much smaller and less fancy than others was perfect for our needs. The ticket prices were affordable! My husband was very impressed with the trails, and said he was pleasantly surprised by the different types they had (black diamond, blue etc).

The fact that a half day ticket was in the $20 range is huge! I can't believe how much other mountains were charging. This reminds me of skiing when I was a kid, and the type of mountain that my parents would bring me too!

Visited February 2011