“Wonderful Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Lyme B&B and Inns
Springfield, Illinois
“Wonderful Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Beautiful Inn; lovely setting. The Inn was absolutely immaculate; have never been in a hotel, large or small that was so clean. Restaurants quite good. Staff very friendly & helpful.
The only negative-no closet in our room; fortunately we were only there for the weekend, so it wasn't a big inconvenience.
Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Alexandre R, General Manager at The Lyme Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Bette B,
Thanks for the wonderful comments and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit to the Upper Valley.
All the Best
AMR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The Lyne Inn has all the charm and character of a two-centuary old inn but the convenience and comfort of a modern facility. The rooms have been completly renovated with flat screen wall mounted televisions; updated furnishings; free WiFi(that works) and gorgeous big bathrooms. The restaurant is excellent with a separate bar. After spending two nights in "quaint" inns that needed renovating, no elevator and I could hear the guy in the next room snoring, this place feels like a real vacation. One drawback; cell phone service is spotty but each room has a land line. I'm coming back.

• Stayed October 2012
Alexandre R, General Manager at The Lyme Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear T.D.
Your kind words are most appreciated. We have worked hard to create the right blend of contemporary charm and historic elegance. Please keep us in mind for your next visit to the UpperValley.
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We spent a wonderful night and enjoyed a great meal in this peaceful, friendly and beautifully appointed inn. The wine list was good, the food was presented beautifully and delicious. We recommend trying the butterscotch dessert even if you're full. Located only a few miles from Hanover and Dartmouth but a world apart. For a romantic getaway, this is the spot !!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very quiet, comfortable and very tastfully decorated.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Linda,
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Drop by anytime!!
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was at the Lyme Inn recently for a business meeting/dinner. The Lyme Inn did a wonderful job of hosting our event. The food was very, very good; the wait staff attentive and the overall experience terrific.
The meals we enjoyed were varied and very well prepared. This was one of the best meals I have had in the area for a long time. I had a petite filet that was prepared wonderfully, along with a corn and tarragon ragout that was exceptional.
I would definitely recommend an evening meal at the Lyme Inn with friends or family, as well as for a business gathering.
Well done Lyme Inn!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Alexandre R, General Manager at The Lyme Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Bizzy,
It is very kind of you to review us for our Restaurant. It allows me the oppourtunity to talk a litte about our mission. We use almost exclusively, organic, locally grown and sourced food products that help us sustain our local economy. Not only does it provide us with the freshest food products possible, it helps to ensure that our farms and dairies can continue to prosper.
And thank you for the thoughtfull words about our service and staff. We have a great team of service professionals that are dedicated to their craft. We look forward to your next visit and thanks again.
All the best .
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stumbled upon the Lyme Inn while looking for a place near Dartmouth during foliaging season, not quite knowing what to expect. It exceeded all my expectations, allowing us to have a wonderful trip to the Hanover area. All of the staff at the inn are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are beautifully appointed and very clean. The food at both breakfast and dinner was very good. We will certainly be coming back to the Lyme Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pamela,
The staff and I are delighted to know that your stay with us was wonderfull. Thank you for your thoughtfull review and we look forward to seeing you soon.
All the best.
Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Everything is new and very tasteful and comfortable. Breakfast is delicious and we enjoyed our one dinner in the tavern. They have a nice variety of beer on tap. Lyme itself is a quaint town and we took advantage of the excellent biking that is in the area as well as it's proximity to Dartmouth/Hanover.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandre R, General Manager at The Lyme Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Martha,
Many Thanks for your kind review. We work very hard to ensure that our guests are happy, that their rooms meet the highest of expectations and that the service is excellent. We look forward to your next trip to The Lyme Inn. AMR
p.s. I'm glad the weather was as gorgeous as it was. Makes for great riding.
Alex
Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have visited the Lyme Inn for dinner several times over the last five months since it's re-opening (originally the Alden Inn). The first three times were wonderful, the Tavern was beautiful, totally recreated and had an warm ambiance. I started to refer everyone I spoke to this restaurant and to give it a try. They had two different dining rooms and menus, the Tavern and a fine fining room in a separate area of the building.

I have recently returned to the Tavern for dinner with a new customer and was UN-pleasantly surprised. Upon being seated I was given a leather bound menu...not really thinking about it...and although the menu was completely different (and more expensive) we ordered.
My friend ordered an entree along with a side, I ordered the pork chop and salad, my friend asked if I was ordering a side? I hesitated and asked the server if I the I was supposed to choose from one of the sides listed to which she replied - yes, so I did. Not realizing the entire menu was ala carte.

Dinner was delicious and we both decided dessert would be too much so we asked for the check...I was shocked...$96.00 including tip...no drinks...just salad and entrees. I was so embarrassed, I had talked this restaurant up and had no idea they changed their menu.

When I got home I checked the website and found the "fine dining" menu was gone....now there was only one menu, even the items on the Tavern menu that we were told "were the most popular/favorite" were gone. I guess the Lyme Inn should listen to the lesson Gordon Ramsay gave to the Juniper Hill Inn in Windsor, VT...it's the local people that keep your establishment running. The prices were ridiculous...$24.00 for a pork chop?

I would say try Stella's right down the street....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Alexandre R, General Manager at The Lyme Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear VT Travel Bug 17
I would like to thank you for your observations and comments about our restaurant. They strike a very resonate chord to which we are extremely sympathetic. It is a dilemma that we and other countless socially consciences restaurants struggle with, that is how to provide wonderful, upscale food which is nearly all locally and organically grown or regionally sourced from nearby farmers and fishermen, changing our menus on a regular basis AND hold pricing.
The local and regional farmers, from which we buy, are burdened with the ever increasing costs of their organic productions. The Lyme Inn is committed to buying their products at a fair price. Our Chefs prepare their fresh, extremely high quality products in our kitchen and serve them to the public at a fair price. A price which maintains our business our employees and supports our local farms and dairies.
I am quite certain that a pork chop can be purchased much less expensively at a local food store. However, because we are committed to purchasing the highest quality, locally and organically grown pork chop we can buy, it is much more expensive. And logically costs more for us to serve to our guests
I’ve included a list of local farmers and purveyors we do business with. Keeping our dollars in the local economy and supporting our farmers and dairies is not only important to us and part of our mission, but also to our customers who understand the quality of the food we serve and where it comes from. We look forward to a return visit
Alexandre M. Roupinian

Cavendish Farm Black River Produce & Vermont Fresh Network
Thomas Dairy Boyden Farm
Cavendish Farm Cavendish Farm
New England Family Farms Vermont Rabbitry

Been to The Lyme Inn? Share your experiences!