“Manager is RUDE.” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Londonderry
“Manager is RUDE.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Called today to dispute a charge on my credit card. Was charged three times for my one night stay and when I called to have the issue resolved I found myself being yelled at and spoken down to by Keith. When I asked him to please stop yelling at and talking down to me he got very silent and then more rude. I was then worried that i would not get my issue taken care, so I played along with his rudeness. I finally asked for a manager and go figure ... Mr. Keith was it.

In the end after calling my bank they tell me that the hotel had charged my card for an extra night and then was just in the process of crediting it back. Funny, how Mr Keith couldn't tell me that he or one of his employee's made a mistake.

***I would still recommend this hotel. Remodeled rooms are great and bright green in color. The Shower is also a highlight**

The management staff gets an F, but the hotel (minus the horrible continental breakfast) get a B)

If you stay here DO NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD, USE A CREDIT CARD.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Usually a great stay here! Small issues a couple of times (stain on the chair, tear in the rug, noisy neighbors, hot tub not bubbling) but everything has always been resolved! The front desk staff are very friendly and will help you the best they can with anything from accommodations to restaurant suggestions. We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I recently stayed at the Sleep Inn with my boyfriend. We had originally planned on going to a hotel on the coast in Rhode Island, but Irene showed up and needless to say, our plans were thwarted. We got there early and the woman behind the counter let us check in early with no hassle.

The rooms themselves are freshly updated, and they actually look like the professional photos on the Sleep Inn website, which NEVER happens! We had a terrific view of the dumpster out back (I guess they were still getting rid of mattresses from the renovation), but we weren't too concerned with that since there was a hurricane outside anyway. The room was clean and modern, and the bed was fantastic. Pillows were a big lumpy, so if you're fussy like my boyfriend, you may consider bringing your own. Possibly my favorite part of this room was the bathroom. A pocket door saves space and time if you arent squeamish about peeing in front of whoever you're sharing the room with, or just want to continue watching the flatscreen tv. The shower is a walk in, and has ample room with minimal splashing - seriously, how do hotel bathroom floors always manage to look like a wet dog walked in and shook itself off? There's a separate light in the shower, too, if you're like me and like to close the bathroom door and turn off the lights and pretend you're in a submarine.

Moving on.. The location is right off of 93 and has a huge parking lot that apparently doesn't even flood during hurricanes! About a 5 minute drive down Perkins St and you're at a Walmart and a bunch of restaurants. I wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel, but this place was great for $89 a night.

The ONE negative (sorry, management) was that during the night, the room began to smell like cigarettes. I assume the people next to us were smoking, but since they give you a huge speech when you check in about being charged $250 if you smoke in the room, I panicked and called the front desk to report it. They said to turn on the bathroom fan and they'd investigate it. Either I fell asleep or got used to the smell, but the next morning on checkout, I mentioned it to the woman at the front desk and she said she'd be mailing us a voucher for a free night's stay. Everything turned out better than expected!

Room Tip: possibly ask for something on the top floor to avoid smoke smells
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Cicero, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011 via mobile

It has been a while since I stayed in a Sleep Inn and this one has been nicely remodeled. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011
Montpelier, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed at this hotel with a friend, was a close enough drive to the ocean, right off the interstate. Hotel staff was great, very friendly and helpful with directions!! Rooms had been recently renovated, very nice and modern! Loved the cookies too!! =)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Flanders, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

They were full the evening we checked in and were turning walk-ins away, I am glad we had made a reservation. There is a NASCAR track nearby so you'd better have reservations if there are any races that weekend. Bed is very comfortable, breakfast was OK, room a bit small but then we didn't pay that much either. Excellent for overnight stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Somerset, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Was up for a funeral and needed to stay one night here at the Sleep Inn in Londonderry, NH. First of all it was a very small room. Felt like I was in a closet as far as where the Shower and Toilet are located in the room. Sink is outside of this area not very far from the Bed. As far as the Bed was concerned we took a room with the King Size Bed. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Took my laptop with us and had no problem using the internet. Very disappointed in the fact that Sleep Inn advertised HBO on their TV. Went around the channels a number of times and the TV did not have HBO. It only had Basic Cable TV and that was it. False Advertising and that is not right. Other then that to me it was a clean place with a bed to sleep in for the night thats about it. No place to eat close by other then a Subway Sub shop next door. This Hotel is located at Exit 5. You need to go back to Exit 4 to find places to eat. Exit 4 has everything you want in food. Only about 3 miles back up Rt.93. Stayed here only because it was the only hotel in Londonderry where the funeral was held. Breakfast is nothing to brag about. Bagels and silver dollar size pastries, waffles, orange or cranberry juice and some of the worst coffee I ever tasted. Time of check out is 11 am. There was someone at my door before 8:30 am ready to clean the room as I just got back from eating breakfast with my wife and needed to get dressed to go to a funeral as first mentioned. Check out made us wait longer then I feel we needed to wait especially since we needed to get to the funeral home for 9 am. Had to stand there a good 10 minutes while the person behind the desk spoke on the phone. Finally I excused myself and had to interrupt her as she knew we were standing there to check out. Told her we needed to go as we would be late. She then tells me that there was nothing more she needed from me as we had both room card keys already sitting on the counter. Both me and my wife looked at ourselves wondering why she had us stand there and wait when she could of just excused herself with the person on the phone and told us we were good to go. Another disappointment. Don't think I will ever stay at this hotel again when visiting relatives or regretfully up for another funeral.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!