“A very nice experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Upscale, but approachable. Focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood, Certified Angus beef, and local produce. Large outside seating area, pub, and dining room. Off site catering available
Granbury, Texas
“A very nice experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were just out on a couple day trip from our summer stay in Vermont. We told the nice lady at the desk at the Littleton Hampton Inn we were looking for an exception place for our anniversary dinner. She suggested Bailiwicks. In the middle of town, Bailiwicks is on the bottom floor of an old hotel. Ambiance was just perfect, the dinner was absolutely gourmet, the wine list was good, and the waitress who attended us missed nothing. We felt we had really gotten lucky to be in a place we had only driven through once before and end up with such a splendid dining experience. Next time we are around Mt. Washington (we did the Cog RR that day and found that quite worthwhile), it's back to Bailiwick's for us.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Goffstown, New Hampshire
“Great Food, Service Leaves A Little To Be Desired”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Loved the food, but the service staff here didn't know the menu very well and we VERY pushy with drinks. I'd chalk it up as seasonal help, as the food really is worth it.

Visited August 2013
RI - USA
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were in NH for the Lupine Festival ~ happened to find a Restaurant.com coupon for Bailiwicks on Main St in Littleton. Tucked under an old hotel, this lovely little restaurant is softly lit with twinkly lights. Our server, Mary, was wonderful - when my husband couldn't decide which red wine to have with his steak, she graciously offered him a generous sample of two wines to chose from. For an appetizer we shared baked goat cheese; I enjoyed their seared scallops and my husband the filet - both were perfectly cooked and well presented. For dessert we shared a chocolate torte. By using the $50 coupon our meal came to $42 (plus an $18 tip). Quite a bargain!
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves here ~ talking to the hostess and server who both had Rhode Island connections. We never felt rushed~ we enjoyed a very relaxing, refreshing experience. I can easily recommend this restaurant without any hesitation ~ if we are ever up in this area again, we certainly would visit again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SacramentoCA
“The Standout Restaurant of Littleton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have loved this restaurant since it opened. They offer a bar and fine dining menu. I'd say go for the bar menu - this former resident found the menu daunting and too gourmet. I prefer the simpler meals they used to offer .

That said, on this visit, the food was delicious. The drinks even better.

Visited July 2013
Wilmington, Massachusetts
“Fine Dining in the north country”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I dropped into Littleton, NH to try out a fine dining restaurant which was recommended by some people at the resort in Lincoln, NH where we were staying. Seems Lincoln's fine dining restaurants either are no more or over priced. So we drove 25 miles north to Littleton, NH to try out Bailiwicks. We made reservations for dinner on Friday evening and good thing we did. The place filled up pretty quickly shortly after we arrived and we arrived early. We were seated immediately and the service was excellent. I noticed that the waitstaff didn't reach across tables to take dishes or to pour water or serve food...they walked around. The next table was bit noisy and I occasionally had difficulty hearing our server. She didn't raiser her voice, she moved closer, bent down and spoke in the same soft voice to make sure I could hear her. The décor was fine but it was a bit stuffy (lack of circulating air or A/C). They do have limited outdoor seating and it was much more comfortable outdoors. If you go to Bailiwicks and don't mind eating outdoors you may want to request an outdoor seating (weather permitting). My wife and I both choose to have wine with dinner. My wife wanted the house Merlot which she liked and I ordered a glass of Eve Chardonnay. The Eve was $7/glass and the Velvet Devil Merlot was $8 / glass. The prices on wine by the glass were in the $7 -11 range. They also had numerous wines by the bottle which were priced in the $60 and up range...more "up" than $60. For martini lovers, they had an extensive list of Martinis and they infuse their own vodka. I almost went for one of the martini's but I decided to drive the 25 miles back to Lincoln sober! My wife and I shared an appetizer which are priced $7 - $13. We chose the crab cakes ($12) They were very tasty but lacked any large chunks of crab meat. Also there were only 2 with a bunch of greens and a generous portion of not very spicy remoulade sauce. My wife ordered the Blackened Salmon ($27) which she enjoyed. It was served with sweet potato/pineapple hash with some wilted artisan greens. She is not one for raw seafood and the salmon was cooked to perfection for her. On the other hand, I really like sushi and ordered the Wasabi and Sesame encrusted Ahi Tuna ($27) EXTREMELY rare. I got a generous portion of the tuna which was again done to perfection for me (RAW seared on the outside only). It was served with a seaweed salad (a tiny amount), pickled ginger which had a little kick, and sake-endamame risotto (which was itself tasty. A ponzu-sake dipping sauce was also provided. I also like a good amount of Wasabi which was offered by our waitress. She later arrived to inform me that the extra wasabi would cost me an extra buck (oh come on). I got the wasabi which had a good kick. By the way, there was wasabi on the edges of the tuna so if you just like a little bit of wasabi skip the extra buck! (LOL). My wife wasn't up for dessert but I was. So I ordered desert of an imaginative desert menu which had some old favorites on it as well. I got the Lemon Berry cake ($7) which numerous flavorful fruit sauces and berry chunks with whipped cream. A very tasty desert which my wife did share! Total food was $74 (including the extra buck for wasabi), wine was $15, tax was 8.01. The bill before tip was $97.01. Entrees ran up to about $32 including a few items on the nightly specials menu. The bottom end of the entrée prices were about $20. Reservations are recommended. The website is: http://www.bailiwicksfinerestaurant.com/

• Visited August 2013