“A great place to stay in the White Mountains” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lisbon
Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast
You added Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
33 Bishop Cutoff, Lisbon, NH 03585   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Connecticut
“A great place to stay in the White Mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a great time at the Bishop Farm with Annie the host and her family.
We enjoyed staying in the New England Cottage with our children during our vacation to the White Mountains. We enjoyed it's secluded location but appreciated it's short drive to the main routes. The cottage was nice and clean!
We loved the river next to the farm looking for stones with the kids, and walking around the property seeing the 60 or so chickens. We had a good dinner in Littleton at Thai Changs and breakfast in Sugar Hill at Polly's Pancake Parlor. (Just know as is stated breakfast is not offered for cottage guests) But Polly's won't disappoint!
Next time we are in NH we will defintely stay at Bishops Farm again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We went here for a couple days for a quick getaway from the hustle and bustle of daily life.....coundn't have picked a better place!!!! It is a beautiful old farmhouse that has been thoughtfully renovated, the rooms are tastefully decorated and the surroundings are so perfect for rest and relaxation. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of things to do at the b&b and surrounding areas. There are walking paths behind the cottages, there is river just across the street and plenty of shops in the littleton/lisbon area. Not to mention that you are close to a lot of the amazing sights New Hampshire has to offer (there is a very good list on the Bishop Farm website). There is also a lot of dining options around the area. Well, going back to the B&B itself, all the inn rooms has a private bath with a clawfoot bathtub, the beds are so comfortable and the decor in the house is extra special because most of the artwork were done by the family. The breakfast is so good (eggs come from their chickens). There is a beautiful old barn that is being renovated to become a function hall for weddings and such. Most of all, the Salter family are wonderful, you can tell that they truly enjoy what they do and they go out of their way to make your stay as pefect as possible. We will definitely make this "our place" for our getaways....it's therapy for the soul :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was in NH for a three day music festival, our group wanted the option to sleep indoors and have the amenities that tenting would not give us. Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast and Cottages surpassed our basic needs. We rented a few cottages, I stayed in Lost River Cottage, first thought was this place is like a cloud. The cottage was cozy and very clean, perfect for 2 people, but can sleep up to 4. It included a small Kitchenette with all the normal necessities. Each cabin had an outdoor fire pit. the other guests were all very friendly. Annie was very friendly as well as Maggie. When I Checked in Maggie was making some cookies and i got to sample some. If the other cooking is as good as those cookies, That would be the cats PJs.
We liked the place so much that we extended our stay an extra night.
I hope next year when the festival happens again we will be able to stay again.

Room Tip: The Cottages do not include breakfast. But If you Stay in the House I believe that does.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Brookline, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We planned an overnight in the White Mountains for one night so we could go hiking. I had mistakenly booked the wrong night at a nearby B&B and unfortunately they were sold out for the night. Luckily Bishop Farm B&B had a room left...and we had a fantastic night there. We stayed in the Mt. Madison room on the 3rd floor which is really lovely and comfortable. An interesting thing about the room is the use of what use to be storage space and turning it into a shower and bathroom. The shower is really large and quite nice - amazing use of existing space. The breakfast in the morning was superb. We had apple cinnamon pancakes and farm fresh eggs - Annie is a wonderful cook. The hostesses, Annie and her mother Maggie, were great and I would highly recommend it to anyone going to the region. I noticed someone remarked that it was a little out of the way from the state park - it is a little north but we took 116 down for part of the way and found a great general store in Bath with lots of smoked cheeses and meats so being a little out of the way can be okay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Moorpark, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We have had the pleasure of staying at Bishop Farm B&B on several occasions during the past four years. Annie and Maggie (and for this visit, also Heather) are attentive and amazing hostesses. The rooms are very comfortable, and the farmhouse is in great shape! The breakfasts are spectacular and never disappoint. We look forward to the chance to visit again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

For us this was really a 3.5 out of 5 stay. The hosts are extremely hospitable, very nice, but we just can't give it a 5 having stayed in the Cottages, instead of the main house.
We stayed in the Lost River Cottage - we were the only ones staying the cottages. Everybody else were in the main house, but we had to stay in the cottage since I took my dog with me. The cottage was very clean and comfortable. Would get 5 stars for the cleanliness. However, the shower was extremely, but really really small. We are both small and had difficulty in the shower. Couldn't use the bathroom sink at all, it was nearly nonexistent.
Though the location wasn't too far from the Franconia Notch - it wasn't the most convenient either. It took about 15 minutes to get onto 93 which took you to the notch. There are closer little towns that we passed through driving to the Notch in the mornings to start our hikes.
One big disappointment for us was that we weren't allowed to have breakfast in the main house since we were staying in the cottages. I can understand it's a business decision so that they can stay as a bed and breakfast rather than an "Inn". Nonetheless, this made it inconvenient to us, given that the closest place to eat was in Littleton, NH a good 10-15minute drive rather than the cottage. The people were very pleasant so I cannot say that we wouldn't recommend it. Just seems like a better experience if you stay in the main house rather than the cottages and if you don't mind the drive to the Notch if that's what you're there for, as we were.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, Owner at Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
We are happy you and your four legged friend had a chance to stay with us at Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast and Cottages. We are sorry you were mislead on the breakfast in the cottages. We clearly state in our website and printed literature that breakfast can be made in the kitchen in your cottage. Serving 26 people in the house every time would be too much work for my mom and sister. We also sell breakfast baskets so our guest may enjoy an intimate meal with out a group setting which is often the case in the house. Our cottages were built back in the 40's and during our renovations we decided to keep the quaint look of these wonderful structure without changing the floor plan. They are all equipped with the latest electrical, WiFi, cable and plenty of hot water. Again, thanks for coming and we would love to have you in the house next time...
Arlington, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Dear Readers: It is such a pleasure reading your wonderful "reviews" of the Bishop Farm B&B in Lisbon, NH and learning of your warm memories and experiences in what is, in fact, my mother's childhood home. My now 80-year-old mother, Jean Bishop Martin, grew up in the family-owned farm with her now 84-year-old sister, Barbara Bishop White, their parents and other close relatives. My mother and aunt also lived in the home as 20-something newlyweds - until they started their own families. My family sold the farmhouse in the early 1960s and watched as the farmhouse changed ownership several times. The times when the farmhouse was "for sale" were the saddest times because of the deterioration of the house and barn and the overgrowth of vegetation. THEN, in the 2006-07 timeframe, along came the Salter family (mother and three siblings) with the wise idea to purchase the property AND restore it BACK TO WHEN MY MOTHER AND HER FAMILY LIVED THERE! Early on, the Salters interviewed my mother and my aunt and collected old photos from my family to help with their restoration work back to the original property, but with all the modern conveniences we have come to expect! The amazing restoration of the home where my parents lived as newlyweds brought them such joy and gratitude -- for the Salter's incredible foresight, and all the love and care they were putting into the farmhouse and even the cottages, which were nearly dilapidated at the time the Salters purchased the property. I brought my parents to the B&B several times over the past few years -- including for my brother's wedding there in June 2008 -- and they so loved and appreciated all of the wonderful renovations the Salters were making bit by bit (i.e., room by room and cottage by cottage). Their favorite thing to do was to sit in the white New England-style rocking chairs on the front porch and look off to the White Mountains in the distance. I can only imagine the thoughts and memories running through their minds during those moments, and, having the pleasure and privilege to enjoy this family home of their youth...all because of the Salters! My parents are both now in a nursing home in the Springfield, MA area (my immediate family moved from the White Mountain Region to Western Massachusetts in 1964) and are not capable of making another visit to the Bishop Farm B&B. But, they have lived well enough and long enough to see the amazing results of the Salters' vision and hard work, including seeing their son get married on the property. My family will be forever grateful to the Salter family for bringing this Bishop family farmhouse and property BACK TO LIFE! My siblings and cousins I will continue to visit the B&B as often as possible, as it is not only a beautiful B&B with amazing hosts and hospitality, it is our family's home restored and history preserved....that is now being shared with ALL OF YOU! Sincerely, Tamara L. Martin, Washington, DC, on behalf of my beloved mother, Jean Bishop Martin, my five siblings and all of the extended Bishop Family. We wish the Salters continued success!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bishop Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!