First off, let's start off with some of the positives of IHR. If you are looking for very scenic views and some quiet away from everything, this is your place. Several hiking trails and state parks are nearby and many restaurants are just a few miles down US 3.
I came here for my friends' wedding, so I was able to see several different room styles. The room styles vary greatly, along with the quality and cleanliness, although many had a bit of a old smell to them. Billboards on the road boast of their 'new 50-inch plasma tvs in every room', but there was very few and limited HD choices- most are SD channels which leads to some bluriness.
I had a room on the second floor of the hotel and I started to get a negative feel noting that there are several LARGE cracks on the retaining wall near my room (part of the crack was covered with clear packing tape). My room had a musty smell to it, but I resolved that by myself by opening the windows. Other rooms I also noted that smell too, In addition, some rooms had very dirty carpets (one room has burnt on iron marks in multiple locations, others had mystery stains. Air conditioner was iffy, blew some cold air but usually not for long.
Even though it is in this quiet New Hampshire town, I still feel that I want a room with some security. Be sure to triple check your doors are fully closed since the outside door handles get stuck. I told management of that issue and they told me that they will oil it. Still had that issue, told the housekeeper and she told me how to fix it (reinsert key and turn handle).
If you do have sensitive skin, consider bringing your own towels since the towels in the room and especially their pool towels are rough on the skin.
The stairs down to the second floor are falling apart in certain parts (steps sag) and all the railings are questionable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New Hampshire's White Mountains at the entrance to Franconia Notch State Park and Scenic Byway. 100 Open Year Round Resort Units and 50 Seasonal Cottages. Profile Dining room voted "Best Restaurant" in 2010 & 2011 Best of Chefs competition. All lodging features scenic views and 50" HDTV with over 60 HD channels. Heated Outdoor Pool and Hot Spa open all winter. Paddle boating and Stocked Trout Fishing in our private Shadow Lake. One of the area's largest Gift Shops features Old Man of the Mountain items, NH souvenirs, Native American craft work, toys, jewelry and more. Close to area attractions, tax free outlet shopping and thousands of miles of outdoor adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Indian Head Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Head Hotel Lincoln
- Indian Head Motel
- Indian Head Resort Lincoln, NH - White Mountains