I just stayed here this weekend to go snow tubing in Lincoln with my two children. Indian Head Resort was running a special for $140/night and the reviews aren't bad, so we decided to give it a try. The outdoor heated pool and hot tub is what sucked us in. While the pool was fantastic, we were never able to get into the hot tub as it was always full of loud, obnoxious party animals who left their beer cans all over the place. Management did nothing to stop them! The indoor pool was dirty and the pool furniture was old, disheveled and sparse. This pretty much describes our room as well. We paid for a Lakeview Premier room. If that was premier, I'd hate to see their standard rooms! The carpet was disgustingly dirty and the ceiling tiles were sagging down into the room. There was mold stains in the corners and the entire room had a musty, funky smell that forced me to buy air freshener in the gift shop for $6. The bath tub was not caulked, it sat at a complete angle and it "squished" when you stepped into it. The bathroom pipes were all exposed and rusty. The wallpaper was peeling and there were bullet holes in some places inside our room! To make things even worse, it's a motel and neither our front door at parking lot level, nor our slider onto our balcony locked properly, so I moved furniture in front of them and slept with one eye open all night! I'm not sure where it came from, but there was also a dirty fleece blanket and footprints in the snow outside on our balcony when we first checked into our "clean" room.
We decided to do the dining plan they offer, and I will say the food was decent, but it took them until 8:30 pm to seat us for dinner because they said they didn't have enough servers. We weren't finished dinner until 10 pm and then they messed up our bill!
The lady at the front desk was also nasty at check out.
Overall, there was NO "special" here! I won't ever be back! I have learned my lesson. It is definitely worth the extra money to stay at The Mountain Club at Loon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New Hampshire's White Mountains at the entrance to Franconia Notch State Park and Scenic Byway. 100 Open Year Round Resort Units and 50 Seasonal Cottages. Profile Dining room voted "Best Restaurant" in 2010 & 2011 Best of Chefs competition. All lodging features scenic views and 50" HDTV with over 60 HD channels. Heated Outdoor Pool and Hot Spa open all winter. Paddle boating and Stocked Trout Fishing in our private Shadow Lake. One of the area's largest Gift Shops features Old Man of the Mountain items, NH souvenirs, Native American craft work, toys, jewelry and more. Close to area attractions, tax free outlet shopping and thousands of miles of outdoor adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Indian Head Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Head Hotel Lincoln
- Indian Head Motel
- Indian Head Resort Lincoln, NH - White Mountains