“BEWARE - OVERPRICED DUMP!” 1 of 5 stars

Indian Head Resort
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   664 US Rt 3, Lincoln, NH 03251   |
Ranked #14 of 20 hotels in Lincoln
Goffstown, New Hampshire
“BEWARE - OVERPRICED DUMP!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I just stayed here this weekend to go snow tubing in Lincoln with my two children. Indian Head Resort was running a special for $140/night and the reviews aren't bad, so we decided to give it a try. The outdoor heated pool and hot tub is what sucked us in. While the pool was fantastic, we were never able to get into the hot tub as it was always full of loud, obnoxious party animals who left their beer cans all over the place. Management did nothing to stop them! The indoor pool was dirty and the pool furniture was old, disheveled and sparse. This pretty much describes our room as well. We paid for a Lakeview Premier room. If that was premier, I'd hate to see their standard rooms! The carpet was disgustingly dirty and the ceiling tiles were sagging down into the room. There was mold stains in the corners and the entire room had a musty, funky smell that forced me to buy air freshener in the gift shop for $6. The bath tub was not caulked, it sat at a complete angle and it "squished" when you stepped into it. The bathroom pipes were all exposed and rusty. The wallpaper was peeling and there were bullet holes in some places inside our room! To make things even worse, it's a motel and neither our front door at parking lot level, nor our slider onto our balcony locked properly, so I moved furniture in front of them and slept with one eye open all night! I'm not sure where it came from, but there was also a dirty fleece blanket and footprints in the snow outside on our balcony when we first checked into our "clean" room.
We decided to do the dining plan they offer, and I will say the food was decent, but it took them until 8:30 pm to seat us for dinner because they said they didn't have enough servers. We weren't finished dinner until 10 pm and then they messed up our bill!
The lady at the front desk was also nasty at check out.
Overall, there was NO "special" here! I won't ever be back! I have learned my lesson. It is definitely worth the extra money to stay at The Mountain Club at Loon!

Room Tip: If you insist on staying in this dump, at least ask for an upstairs room. It sounds like those in th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
North Conway, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

my wife and i went to indian head on a lark to see an elvis impersonator. we did not expect what we got. not only was the elvis show wonderful, "elvis" was a great guy. he went in and out of elvis smoothly and played to the audience with finess and class. the food was surprisingly good. dinner was off the menu, andbreakfast was off the menu or a very good buffet. we've nevr been fans of elvis shows, but we will go to this one again

Room Tip: we stayed in a lake view room. just a motel room, with a wonderful view of the lake and mountains, a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We have been coming here for the past 16 years, the rooms are always clean and up to date with the new styles. The grounds are kept clean and well manicured, their pools are always crystal clear with nice and warm water! They offer great food at a great price with great nightly entertainment. I highly recommend this place for a weekend get away or just a family vacation!

• Stayed November 2012
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We picked the cottages and found that the rooms inclduing the bathroom were small including the bed. For a family with a small kid, it got bit uncomfortable. The Propane gas fireplace was great but left the rooms smelling of gas.

Except for that, a great place with lots to do within the resort.

Room Tip: If travelling with family and small kids, opt for normal rooms and not cottages.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We live in Lincoln and have never been to Indian Head before. It was my husband's birthday and we decided to go with my stepson for a birthday treat. We were sat in a booth which was nice but our server, I forget his name was a bit overwhelming, having initially sounded as though he was interested in us, he asked the same questions at the surrounding tables! The complimenatry bread was good and the starter of spicy egg rolls were good, although a bit too spicy for the stepson. I asked for a Pinot grigio - and decided on the house wine, not a good choice, it tasted as though they had watered down a cheap wine!! We each ordered different main meals and no one was impressed. My husband had the "special" grilled prime rib which was tough and served with instant mashed potatoes, my stepson had prime rib, although he enjoyed it it was also served with instant mash! I had the chicken Lafayette from the special menu and there was definately nothing special about it, it was cold and the chicken didn't taste like any chicken I've ever tasted before. I have travelled the world and can honestly say this is one of the worst meals I have ever had and at a $107 for the three of us it definately wasn't a happy birthday!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Salisbury, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This place was recommended by a friend. My friend and I stayed at one of the rooms across the street. The room was good size,and the beds were comfortable. The room was equipped with a coffee maker, but not enough coffee to make a pot. After asking front desk for extra coffee we were given more. The curtains had a couple of inches of dust on them.Other than that the room appeared clean.First night there we didn't have any hot water. After reporting it to front desk the problem was corrected. The second night there we got locked out. We were across the street from desk so this was quite an inconveinence to cross the street at a late hour in the bitter cold. After reporting it to the front desk the problem was corrected but not before blaming us saying it was from close proximity to cell phone. No it was not from our phone , We didn't have any phone service even though it was advertised to have free Wii Fii. No apologies were offered. The staff certainly could use some training on customer service. We decided to have breakfast at the restaraunt . The service was very poor even though we were among only 3 other customers. The food arrived cold and over priced.
This is not someplace I will visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
West Tisbury, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great Location. Friendly staff. My Husband and I went for the last few days of our Honeymoon. He had stayed there as a child with his family. The rooms are large, and have microwave and fridge. Lots to do in season (Spring to early Autumn). Rooms are Clean, a little old and stale smelling. Walls are Thin- could hear every foot step- and snore~

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are good!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Indian Head Resort? Share your experiences!