“3 1/2 Stars” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Buchanan, Michigan
“3 1/2 Stars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

The Inn has a great location for driving to national and state parks. The grounds are very pretty and the staff is super responsive whether for an extra towel or a maintenance request. Plus, they are very personable. We were visiting the week after Labor Day, and they seemed to have kept empty rooms on the either side of occupied rooms; very thoughtful.
Opportunities for improvement include a slow Wifi, ancient technology for printing boarding passes (reminded of us of dial up), and an aging facility. However, they do keep the rooms and facility very clean. While we did not swim in the indoor pool, I left with my eyes tearing, probably from the chlorine. Please note that the there were a couple of families swimming.
And yes, we would return depending on pricing.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Kincardine, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I are avid hikers, so The White Mountains were an attraction for us. This resort is in a perfect location. Our reception (and checkout) was fast and friendly. Room was what we have to come to expect from our Vacation Club membership. Very clean and well equipped. We were placed in the Jackman building on the first floor. One thing that stood out and was much appreciated, was the luggage trolly. We have never come across this piece of helpfulness at condos. It only took one trip with our belongings in the elevator. Good way to begin your vacation. Wonderful view from our room. Bed was very comfortable. Shower was a tad small, but doable. It was nice to know, if you didn't want housekeeping knocking on your door every day, there was a "do not disturb" sign you could place on the door. We did not want to utilize their services, so we took advantage of the sign. Very friendly, when we did encounter them. Always asking if we needed anything. Outdoor pool very nice along with the over sized jacuzzi. Too bad they don't feature one inside, for inclement weather.
Lots of hiking in the area. If you want to do any major shopping, you have to travel to Concord, Plymouth or Manchester. We went to Concord. Lincoln does have some quaint shops though and we liked The Hobo Train.
We had such a nice experience, we plan to return next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Little Compton, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We, the wife and I, stayed in the Jackman building at Pollard Brook and have to say it was really nice. We were on the fourth floor and towards the very end. the room was very clean and the staff was very nice. we have stayed at the Inn seasons down the road but prefer Pollard Brook. It was a relaxing stay and we will do it again with friends.

Room Tip: Top floor of Jackman has amazing views and was very quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Meriden, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have stayed at this facility many times through the years and have been very satisfied. I have stayed at Liberty Lodge (personal favorite), Streamside & Jackman Brook. The only drawback we ever had previously is the lack of a/c and too many stairs. There is a lack of elevators. The lack of a/c in the summer can be brutal if not sleeping in a bedroom. The pools, hot tops, sauna & fitness room are terrific. The views are spectacular. The small game room is a disappointment but the gentleman who came to fix the pool table explained how 'guests' abuse it. Unfortunately the loft unit we stayed in is in need of major upgrading and a deep cleaning. According to Frazier who told me he was manager of reservations there was not a general manager. (Every department has it's own manager is what he told me). He also informed me that because of the amenties which are great Pollard is a five star resort with three star units. He did compensate us justly when shown pictures of the unit we were in. The young ladies at the desk are extremely pleasant and go out of thier way to be of service. They give a great first impression. This was true of housekeeping (different manager) and maintenance. Jim with a K is a gem. For the price if one is not a time share owner one would expect pristine units. I would advise anyone who is or isn't an owner to ask to see the unit first. If you are not happy with it housekeeping will come and clean it again before you check in. This was not an option for us because we had two young children with us and had already settled in without looking it over. We never really had any issues except for one previous time when the jacuzzi tub had to be recleaned due to mold & dirt. Housekeeping addressed it then with great success. We did have our own cleaning supplies and didn't want to be disturbed. There is and always has been an issure finding housekeeping staff. People don't tip and they are not paid very well so there has been a major turnover for years in the entire area. This visit was a mini family reunion as I have family who relocated to Lincoln back in the 70's. We did have a good time.

Room Tip: Look at your unit beforehand. Be aware you may have to deal with stairs when bringing in your lugga...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Syracuse,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed in Streamside building. PROS: wonderful mountain view; our unit close to main building with activities; daily trash pickup; daily towel exchange; pools heated and well maintained; good hot tub; average game room; very nice fitness room; tennis courts, one basketball hoop (a little high); nightly family movie in main building; some off site excursions are offered; Loon mountain only 1 mile away; walking trail adjacent to property; Price Chopper about 2-3 miles. CONS: No AC in living room/kitchen area so it was uncomfortable at times (fan available); no elevators but on hillside, so many rooms at ground level. We loved our week at the end of July and would gladly return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

First time in InnSeason Resort Pollard Brook. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit that sleeps six. There is a murphy bed in the living room that was great! So much space in this unit! Fully stocked loaded with extra towels everywhere (even in the bedroom..and we didn't ask for extras). Nice working fireplace in the living room. Loads of TV channels. Fully functioning kitchen with complimentary coffee and tea (I don't know why some people complain about no coffee in the lobby when you have it in your room for free?). King sized bed in master bedroom, 2 twins in other bedroom. All neat and clean, as were the 2 bathrooms. Master bath had a jacuzzi (we did not use), it was spacious.
I thought the location was perfect (across from Loon). Close to center with shopping and dining (super close). Great views, nice quiet location. Trails nearby for hiking.
I wasn't staying here to use the pool as I wanted to hike and see falls and trails, so I won't rate based on activities. I like going to NH to see the sites and trails and mountains, not to sit at the pool. It did look clean and the outdoor one was 83 degrees. The gym was good, my daughter trained there at night, 1 machine did not work but the rest did (as did the TVs). My son enjoyed the rec room.

Overall, we had a great stay, I will definitely stay here again when I come to Lincoln. Lincoln is a great location with lots of trails, falls and rivers. Kancamagus Highway has lots of great vistas and viewing spots and trails. You'll love it!

I'm not going to review the hotel based on unruly guests like other posters..I guess timing is everything, but if there are drunk guests, I don't think you should rate a hotel for that. I guess we got lucky.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

As I entered the lobby I was reminded of a Disney hotel I stayed in once...the check-in was smooth and informative. Our 2 level loft apartment was very spacious and clean. The mountain views are spectacular.

We could have easily stayed there for 2 weeks as the place has a relaxed atmosphere...the pool is warmed just right and the hot tub is very "hot"! You can hire DVDs and watch their choice of movie in the lobby each night...they're even supply free popcorn. Didn't get time to go to the games room during our stay.

On the last nigh I sat on the on veranda and watched night storm lightening go round the Mountain, against a lovely starlit night sky...what a memory!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to InnSeason Resort Pollard Brook? Share your experiences!