“‘WELL, SWEETIE, THEY SHOULDN’T EAT IN A RESTAURANT IF THEY CAN’T AFFORD IT!”” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Texas Toast Eatery

Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Texas Toast Eatery is a locally owned and operated restaurant company that offers homemade comfort food from New England and the South. Most of our food is prepared from “scratch,” using only the freshest and highest quality ingredients. We have designed an open kitchen concept to allow our guests to get an inside look at a quality food establishment that takes great pride in their products and services.
Bensalem, Pa
“‘WELL, SWEETIE, THEY SHOULDN’T EAT IN A RESTAURANT IF THEY CAN’T AFFORD IT!””
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Unbelievably, when the owner of Texas Toast Eatery was called and asked why she placed a hold on our debit card TWICE for the same breakfast…DOUBLE BILLED us..this was the last statement she made to me, in a long line of rude and condescending statements, before I hung up in amazement and frustration at her obvious disdain for her customers.
Four of us ate breakfast there at on Sunday, January 13th. Our waitress was wonderful, friendly and attentive. The food was ok, but nothing special. (as a matter of fact, I specifically requested Texas French toast and I got regular bread). The bill payer used his debit card and tipped the waitress very well, as she had been so pleasant. Then, we all got on the road; our ski weekend was over. During the drive, we were informed by the credit union that we were overdrawn, which could not be as we had double the amount needed for the breakfast bill in our account. When we called the credit union, they informed us that the owner (Mary), of Texas Toast Eatery, had put a “hold” on our account for the entire breakfast bill plus tip (which was correct), but THEN she put an ADDITIONAL hold on the account for the price of the breakfast AGAIN!!! DOUBLE BILLING!
I called her and she immediately exhibited a condescending and abusive attitude, repeatedly calling me “sweetie” and “deary”, even when I specifically asked her to stop talking to me in that condescending manner. She kept informing me that “that is how online banking is done, sweetie” and that I did not “understand” online banking for restaurants. I informed her that yes, I did “understand” how it is done, and had been using my debit card for the past 20 years to pay for hotels and restaurants and that the hold they are allowed to put on your account cannot be DOUBLE the actual bill they handed you when you PAID the bill!!!!
She refused to admit she made a mistake and instead kept repeating “Sweetie, that’s how it’s done, you obviously don’t understand!” (She ignored my requests to stop calling me sweetie). When I informed her that because she double billed the hold on our account, we were on the road, needing gas, and could not use our debit card because she had FRAUDULENTLY double charged the hold she put on our account, rendering what we SHOULD have had available in our account, UNAVAILABLE.
When I informed her of the predicament SHE had fraudulently put us in, her response, and I quote…”Sweetie, if you cannot afford to eat at a restaurant, you shouldn’t!” We were screwed because SHE double billed our debit card and THAT is her response! I lost my temper and hung up. She could have cared less about her customers, or making her incorrect billing right…she couldn’t even carry on a conversation without expressing her disdain for her customers!
SO, fair warning…only eat at Texas Toast Eatery if you would like to be DOUBLE CHARGED for your “average” breakfast, be talked to condescendingly when you are billed incorrectly on your bank hold, and then wait several days for her to “fix” what she refuses to admit was a mistake! It took FOUR days for her stupid, incorrect billing to clear.
Never again. There are other restaurants in Lincoln that treat their customers with courtesy (and accuracy).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nashua
“Best BBQ in Lincoln”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have been comming to the Lincoln area for the last twenty years. Since we first discovered the Texas Toast Eatery several years ago it has been the staple of our diet while in the area. From the truly fantastic smoke flavor of that famous sampler to those creamy biscuits in the morning you will truly leave satisfied. The owner is a fatastic Texan who takes pride in her buisness and runs it like a family kitchen. If you are looking for a true BBQ experience in the north country this is the place to be. You can finish it up the mext morning with a hardy breakfast for your trip home. Although not leaving tomorrow I am looking forward to my biscuits and gravy. Thank you for what we anticipate as another weekend full of great food and friendly staff.

New York City, New York
“The Best BBQ you can Get In Lincoln NH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

While on a ski trip I ran upon this restaurant that does BBQ in NH during winter .Tucked into a mall, this gem it turns out does indeed do BBQ and does it well.
I was greeted by the owner who was at once friendly and prompt. I was seated effectively and went to work on the menu.Side note as a NYC Chef I impress not at all easily, with that said I was ready to be skeptical BBQ in NH in the winter,.Any thoughts or doubts were quickly extinguished,The food is as good as it gets for BBQ. I got a heaping Platter of some of the best wings ever and then followed that with A platter called The Sampler.It contained a perfect conglomeration of all things BBQ and it was a Knockout.

The Pulled Pork ,Beef Brisket and The Ribs were Top Notch subtle hints of hickory and smoke permeated the Ribs and the brisket was fork tender.To top it of it comes with a heaping pile of house made French Fries that were killer. I later learned the owner is from Texas and that she knows her BBQ .Also they serve a Steller Breakfast worth mentioning,that should not be missed.Call ahead as the Hours change and you would,nt want to miss great food as this.There aren't many dining options in Lincoln and you don't want to miss one as tasty as this. A special thank you to The owner for the special request .It made our trop
We will eagerly See you are next time through.

CapeCod
“Great hidden find that is a must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We spend the winters in Lincoln and have sampled all of the breakfast places of the past few years. I've had mixed reviews with them but the Texas Toast is now my favorite. It is in a tough spot located in a mall type setting. But please don't let that stop you.

The food was really fresh and the service was spot on. I look forward to trying their dinners now!!

• Visited December 2012
“Best food in Lincoln!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We have been vacationing at Loon for 30 years and this is by far the best restaurant currently in Lincoln. The food is homemade and delicious. The people working there are extremely friendly. The restaurant is very clean. For a really tasty BBQ dinner or hearty breakfast, you won't be disappointed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere