“Friendly and warm” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Queanbeyan, Australia
“Friendly and warm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We enjoyed our stay, rooms comfortable and warm .Staff friendly and helpful. Easy access to Hanover for restaurants.Great location for airport connection. Restaurant was closed Sunday night but many recommended ones close by .

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

West Lebanon, NH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The hotel is actually a very nice hotel, but certainly cheaper to book direct than through the travel sites. Room was nice with a fireplace and a massage chair. The staff had suggested a diffferent room that was on the first floor due to disability, but they called back and said that if I went in a certain entrance the room would be right above it. Biggest problems with the room was that there was no elevator to get to it, and no thermostat - just a dial to control the heat, but you didn't really know what you were setting it for and had to change it several times. The fireplace was nice though as was the massage chair. The bed was comfortable, it wasn't noisy and the bathroom was more than adequate. Can't ask for much more than that. I didn't use the other facilities.
The staff was generally helpful in terms of suggesting restaurants that could handle my food allergies. I had asked about their restaurant and was told they could do it. I got there late going up so it was closed, but they got me to a restaurant that was fine. I asked about breakfast the next morning and was told they would work something out. I even brought with me a box of gluten free pancake mix and went out at night to buy some non-dairy milk for them so there would be no problem. The next morning, I went down but they had said that I had missed breakfast by about 5-10 minutes. I thought they could have done much better than that since I was going into the hospital which they knew, and I provided the food; and left it there so someone else wouldn't have the same problem. This was the biggest flaw from the hotel, because it would not have taken much for them to have the cook make one meal even though it was 5-10 minutes late. The restaurant the night before, stayed open for me and stayed open beyond their closing when I was the only one in the restaurant and there was no pressure to finish. You would think that the hotel could have done the same. Other than that, it was a very nice place, that had easy access to the highway and a shopping center across the street.

Room Tip: No suites on the first floor. My room was very comfortable and close to an exit on the second floor...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. I am truly sorry for the trouble that you had at the free breakfast buffet. I'm sure that there must have been some extenuating circumstances for the wait staff to deny your late entry into breakfast. I want to assure you that this is not a typical experience and I will be looking into it. Thank you again for providing your feedback. I hope to be welcoming you back to the area soon.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Fireside Inn and had a great stay. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. We had an issue with noisy neighbors and were immediately moved to another equally comfortable room. The breakfast buffet, served in a lovely setting, was great with waffle and pancake makers available! I would highly recommend staying at the Fireside Inn and hope to return myself!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts with us. It was our pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to be welcoming you back to the area soon.

Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Always difficult to find an affordable hotel in the Hanover/Lebanon area. This property has served us well 2x now. Affordable, clean, pool, restaurant, bar and a great breakfast included. Not a modern day chain, and that is sometimes a good thing. Really a nice place with nice people.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for providing your feedback. It has been our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to your return, hopefully in the near future.

Ansonia, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times. We live in CT. This hotel is only 3 hours by car. It makes for a nice getaway. We have always experienced a very friendly and helpful check-in crew. We use their complementary breakfast. And again the staff has been very friendly and helpful, especially Tammy.

Room Tip: The first floor is easy for older guests to get around. All hallways lead to the lobby so there'...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I agree, Tammy is truly a gem and we are very happy to have her as part of the Fireside Team. Thank you for providing the community with your feedback. We hope to be welcoming you back to the area soon.

Wolcott, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I frequent this area, and always make this hotel our home. Our favorite manager (Diana) and our favorite waitress (Tammy) greet us like family. As a general rule we never use hotel restaurants, but Fireside's beautifully decorated restaurant is the exception to this rule! Dinners are fantastic and very reasonably priced, and breakfast (included) is exceptional. The free-form pool and jacuzzi area is very large with plenty of room for people to relax and enjoy each other's company without tripping over other people. And an in-room massage chair (select rooms) is the perfect way to end the night. We will always make Fireside our home-away-from-home when traveling to, through, or near the area. This hotel does it right! -- Gary & Mary

Room Tip: Request a Message-Chair room!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with the Trip Advisor community. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next visit.

Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had an excellent stay at Fireside. Every single staff member we had contact with gave superior, friendly service. The accommodations and amenities were very good. The best part was their out-of-their welcoming to our dog! It's one of the most pet friendly hotel we've stayed at.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hello Sander,

Thank you for your kind words. At The Fireside Inn & Suites, we love our pets and we understand that it can be very difficult to get away when you can't take ALL your family members with you. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to your return visit.

West Lebanon, NH

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!