“Overall satisfactory but not great for team trip” 3 of 5 stars

You added Fireside Inn & Suites to your Saves list
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Airport Rd, Lebanon, NH 03784   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Madison, Connecticut
“Overall satisfactory but not great for team trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We travelled as a large group to Woodstock for a hockey tournament and stayed at the Fireside Inn. The Inn itself was very cute and the lovely fire in the lobby was cozy. The restaurant for breakfast was very good. I have to say that the hotel is not a team friendly facility. There was no place to gather to be together or have pizza etc. The pool closes at 10 and you have to leave and they will not allow you to sit in the lobby. For this reason, I would not recommend the hotel. If you are staying as a small group it would be fine.
As an aside to the town of Woodstock. Be very aware of their speed ticketing system. There are many different speed limits between W Lebanon and Woodstock and the local police like to sit and monitor everyone. There were dozens of tickets given out on the weekend that we visited and they do seem to target out of state plates. It seems that the small town of Woodstock makes over $600,000 every year within the 1 square mile radius of its town limits on speeding tickets alone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns with us. The pool area does close at 10pm and we are very on point with this because we do not wish to disturb guests that are trying to sleep at that hour. All guests are allowed to sit around the fireplace in the lobby to socialize, however, we do not allow outside food and drink to be consumed in the lobby. We have many teams that we work with and negotiate a meeting room rental for gathering space. This ensures comfort and privacy for our teams. It is my sincerest hope that the next time you and your team are in need of lodging, that you will contact the hotel to arrange rooms and meeting space to accomodate your needs.

West Lebanon, NH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here while traveling for business. Excellent location, right off the highway and close to a plethora of stores and restaurants. Even though the inn can be seen from the highway, it's very quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful and the lobby was adorable, with a nice fire lit. You have a choice of a room with a fireplace but the price goes up. I had a non-fireplace king. It was very spacious and clean. Huge tv, massage chair and comfy desk chair. Bed was comfortable too but I'd bring your own pillow, they're a little flat. The decor is a little outdated and there are no elevators. However the front desk staff offered to help with my bag, which was nice. Complimentary breakfast and wifi are included with every room. Overall, it was a very nice stay and I'll likely stay there again when I come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment and sharing your thoughts with the Trip Advisor community. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bridgeport, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We recently stayed at the Fireside Inn when visiting Darmouth College. This hotel is about 10 minutes from Darmouth, very close to supermarkets, restaurants and many places to visit in New Hampshire and Vermont.

We loved the pool and whirlpool. The pool was heated and unlike many hotels I have visited, it was warm. There were also towels at the pool area. Everything was very clean and well kept.

Our favorite part was the breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was included with our stay. It was plentiful including: eggs, bacon, potatoes, fruits, bagels, cereal, make your own waffles, among many other things. My son who is a very picky eater even found things to eat. Breakfast was our favorite amenity in this location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yorba Linda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had a bit of trouble finding this place as it is tucked behind a small shopping area up a side road. But when we did finally get to the entrance we were so pleasantly surprised! It is warm & welcoming, we were checked in quickly and given two recommendations for a steakhouse in the area. Our room was better than we though it would be and the beds were very comfortable. I would have given it 5 stars except there is no elevator, so we had to thump, thump, thump our luggage up and down the stairs. Buffet breakfast was included and it was very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

First, I can highly NOT recommend this place. First, I was overwhelmed by the pungent smell of mildew as I opened my door to the first floor room. It was my mistake that I did not walk the mile back to the lobby to complain, but I was very tired after a nearly 6 hour drive and too lazy to do so. A colleague checked into the neighboring room and I learned later that he also had a strong smell as well. In fact, when I came back to my room at a later time, this time the entire hallway smelled like it. Furthermore, my pillow also stunk of mildew!! Yuk!

Second, although there seems to been some attempt at "remodeling" the room with what could have been new carpet, the rest was very old, dated and in poor shape. The TV was an old style tube one, with a poor remote reception. The polyester blanket had cigarette burns. The bathroom was the most dated of all with an old fashion "pull-type"faucet that I needed two hands to turn on, the tub had an anti-slip vinyl sheet glued to it with all the edges peeling up, and then there was the 12" black hair on my sink which could not have come from this buzz cut gray haired man!

They try to hook you with a free hot buffet, which amounts to simply eggs, homefries, and sausage - a great touch, but it is obvious to make up for what is a very lackluster hotel. Please spend a bit more to go elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback. I would like to assure you that if you had done so during your time here, the front desk would have been more then happy to address the concerns that you mentioned in your review. I have addressed your concerns with the staff members at the hotel and will be looking into this "pungent smell of mildew" that you encountered during your stay. I can assure you that it was not mildew that your were smelling, as all of our guest rooms have recently been renovated. I hope that the next time you are in the area that you will be willing to give us another chance provide you with a room that will meet your expectations.

Mastic Beach, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have read both bad and good about this hotel and let me say the good are much more accurate. Booked a room online with ease for the weekend of 9/29/12 to 10/1/12, called afterwards with a few questions regarding their floor plan do to the fact that I was traveling with my mother who uses a cane and has difficulty with stairs young lady who answered phone was pleasant and made arrangements for us to have a first floor room just a few doors down from the lobby. Check in was pleasant and easy, staff at all levels for all things for the room and the breakfast buffet were pleasant and most accommodating. Yes the building is not brand new but the room was clean freshly painted, well appointed and more then comfortable for the 2 nights we stayed. Mom enjoyed the hotel and the staff so much she was continually thanking them. The breakfast buffet has something for everyone. All I can say is if you are looking for the Ritz book the Ritz for twice the price, this hotel, its rooms, the pool and hut tub, the buffet breakfast, and the wonderful staff were well worth the price we paid.

Room Tip: Please note not all rooms have flat screen tv's if that's a must for you request a room with...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your review. It is not very often that someone will take a stance against other comments that they do not find to be true. Your review is very refreshing. We thank you for your recent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the area the next time you are in town.

Fireside Inn & Sutes
Sharon, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend and a good friend of mine and the room was very clean and the bathroom was very clean. I also liked how so quiet it was it was very relaxing and the staff is very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking a moment to review our property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

West Lebanon, NH

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!