“Great host hotel !!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Brentwood, NH
“Great host hotel !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We attended the NH/VT Harley Owners Group Rally hosted by Fireside Inn. The efficiency, helpfulness and attentiveness of the staff was much more than we expected.

The friendly folks at the Fireside Inn went above and beyond to make sure our event was a success.

Thanks guys, great job!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Shawn B, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Good times were had by all that got the chance to experience the NH/VT Harley Owners Group Rally. It was a pleasure being the host property for the event. Thank you for taking a moment and giving the world your feedback. We hope to host the event again next year, and look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Lynn, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We went to the NH/VT HOG Rally and stayed here 3 nights. The staff at the hotel was fantastic. They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. This was a large group of people and they handled it wonderfully.
The rooms were clean and made up perfectly every day.
The food in the restaurant was very good.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to hear that your experience during your time here was everything that we strive for. We have been lucky enough to receive numerous candid guest’s feedback from this event and it makes us very proud to say that it has all been positive.
Gatineau, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stopped there at around 11:30 at night without a reservation. There was only 1 room left (at the Days Inn at the previous exit was full).

Rooms are ok, but we add noise in the room next door preventing us to sleep pass 1 am. We had to phone twice the front desk, but then they got the other clients to tune down their radio.

Price is low considering that a breakfast is included. Food was varied.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We were en route home from Maine to Montreal and had to get off the road due to terrible rain and driver fatigue. We found Fireside Inn just off I-89 and checked in without a reservation. Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. They gave us a AAA discount and we found the rate competive. The room was perfect. Clean, king bed, large flat-screen TV, gas fireplace on a timer, and a great massage chair. Included buffet breakfast was very good. We pass West Lebanon NH going to/from Maine and Boston and we would absolutely stop at Fireside Inn again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We had no reservation and lucked out with the Fireside (it was a spontaneous trip, and basically pulled off the highway in search of a hotel). We used our AAA discount, so we felt we got a great stay for our money . The front desk and restaurant staff were all really helpful and friendly. When we arrived we were exhausted and sore from hiking, and were beyond relieved to find a massaging chair in our room (I think it was a king suite), as well as a hot tub and pool downstairs. The pool area seemed like a great place for families as there was a big, clean pool, arcade games, ping pong tables, and access to a patio outside.
The decor fits the name, with a sort of log cabin/woodsy comfort. If your type of hotel is swanky or modern then you might be disappointed with the bed linens and carpeting, but they were clean and I slept just fine.
There was a free breakfast buffet which was excellent!

Room Tip: Use your AAA discount if you have a membership
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Lake Oswego, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We have stayed in properties all over the U.S. and never seen anything as bad as this property. The ceiling and walls had so much water damage we thought it might collapse on us. The humidity in the room was so bad it was impossible to sleep. We were with other couples who ask for a new room but all where just as bad. The management must have heard the complaints so many times they were just uninterested in hearing from anyone.
No matter what the price is, DON"T STAY at this place. Upon leaving the next day I suggested they need to remodel desperately and they pointed out the front door to me. They should just tear down this place and start again. I have never done one of these before & hope I never stay in a place again that would prompt me to do this again. C.W.

Room Tip: There is no best room !!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Quebec
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed one night at the Fireside Inn (on our way to the coast of Maine) based on the recommendation of a family member.

We liked the free breakfast the next morning and the convenient location of the Fireside right next to an antique mall and down the street from other stores. Check-in and all dealings with staff were friendly.

What we did not like:

We like to not use the AC and open a window instead. Luckily this was not mosquito season as the screen was broken and completely off of its track at the bottom.

The curtain ties are not attached to the wall anymore. They are tied with a knot around the curtain.

The electric sockets on the desk are useless. They are located in a wood frame that protrudes above and below. Our phone chargers did not fit in the small space.

The bedspread and the Vellux blanket were sticky and felt dirty. We folded them down to make sure we wouldn’t touch them while sleeping.

The room was supposed to have free Wi-Fi. It did but I had to stand in the doorway to the hall to get it. Finally, I just went to the lobby to send some emails.

I noticed the lobby had two computers using Internet Explorer. I tried to log into my ISP email account but the computer told me that the version of IE was too old to even log into a website! When I told the man at the desk, he said that they had installed old computers that are set to be impossible to update because some guests had abused their newer computers. When I returned the next morning, neither computer was working.

There are exposed pipes in the bathroom and the bedroom at the ceiling level. That would be okay, but the pipes are rusty and the place where the wall meets the ceiling is brown. Not sure if it’s rust, dirt, or water stains.

The bathtub wouldn’t drain, so we had to remove the drain plug.

The toilet was wobbly, not just the seat, but the whole toilet.

Not all the parking lot lights worked. I had to go out to my car at about 11 p.m. and I can tell you that I was afraid. The parking lot was very dark with trees around the edge.

We were in a ground floor room between doors A and B. We took the luggage cart to the car but then when we brought the cart to both of those doors, there was no ramp. We had to lift the cart to get over the sidewalk and then lift it again to get into the door.

The carpet in our hallway was loose in a few places and both my husband and I almost tripped on two occasions.

When I brought up all my concerns to a man at the front desk he replied that management was in the process of possibly planning a gutting of two rooms at a time. This is an old property that needs a major overhaul. Not a moment too soon, I think.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!