“Bed Bugs and Terrible Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites West Lebanon

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites West Lebanon to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites West Lebanon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Airport Rd, Lebanon, NH 03784 (Formerly Airport Economy Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Lebanon
Brookston, Indiana
“Bed Bugs and Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I work in the customer service industry and me and 6 colleagues were on a business trip through New England. We stopped to stay at the Baymont Inn and only stayed an hour .

When we checked into our rooms we searched (as we always do) for evidence of bed bugs (bed bug poop along the headboards, eggs, bed bug husks) and found overwhelming evidence in all 3 rooms. We told the employee behind the desk and he switched us rooms but assured us that the hotel didn't have any bed bugs(despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary). Upon switching our rooms we did another search and found even more evidence. All 6 rooms had bed bugs.

We asked the employee behind the desk what their treatment policy was on bed bugs and he responded. "I work the desk, do you really expect me to be cross-trained in these areas?" When we requested to speak to a manager he kept telling us that he wouldn't call her because she was sleeping. We asked for our money back, he told us he might not be able to give us a refund because we booked through a 3rd party, Throughout all of this his comments were laced with profanity and annoyance. We told him the level of customer service we were receiving was subpar and he responded with "the customer service at all of my bosses hotels are sub-par." After calling our 3rd party booking company, they promptly refunded our money.

Without a doubt one of the most disappointing hotel experiences I've ever had. We ended up staying at a Courtyard Marriott down the road and had a lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
BaymontInn L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites West Lebanon, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Mike L.,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I would like to assure you that our hotel does not have any bed bugs and the problem has been already taken care of. I regret the comments made by the desk staff during your stay. I would like to add that the mentioned staff is no longer associated with our company. I hope that you will give us a chance to impress you with our friendly staff, clean and neat hotel rooms and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Vikar kazi
General Manager,
Baymont Inn, West Lebanon, NH.

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Check in was great, the young lady at the counter was very nice and pleasant. Room seemed clean, a bit out dated and worn, but for what we paid it was expected. The next morning I thought I had an allergic reaction because I had a rash on my neck. Later I looked closer and discovered it was bites all down my neck, 4-5 on my hand, and 2 on my forehead! I pulled the sheets back and saw a bed bug running around on my sheet! And they even had serviced my room! The guy at the front desk refused to let me talk to the hotel manager because she was sleeping and had to do late night shift! And only comped me for the first night. We were moved to a new room....dirty shower, facial hair(I hope) still sprinkled on the role of toilet paper that hung on the side of the sink, smelled like someone had urinated on the floor by the stand between the two beds. By far the WORST hotel experience EVER!! Disgusting!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Eflory 1978,
I apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We have worked on the bed bugs problem and I can assure you that the bed bugs are gone from the hotel. Things have changed in our hotel as we are continuously striving to improve customer service and provide clean and comfortable rooms to our guests. Our recent reviews support my assurance of clean and comfortable hotel rooms and amenities. I hope you will see the difference next time you visit our hotel. Our friendly staff awaits to welcome you back and experience our hospitality.
All the best!!

Vikar Kazi
Baymont Inn, West Lebanon, NH
Lyndonville, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Hotel is outdated, smelly, and dirty. All of the carpets need to be replaced. Carpets must be 20 years old. There is a reason why this hotel is less expensive than the surrounding hotels. Non-smoking rooms smell like smoke! Outdated TV's. (tube type). If you are on a budget, this hotel will probably be okay, but do not expect anything nice.

Room Tip: 4th floor. avoid 1st floor rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Homewatts,
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our staff works hard to provide our guests clean and comfortable hotel rooms and surroundings. Rest assured that our rooms do not smell smoke unless they are smoking rooms. I am sorry you had to experience the smoke smell during your stay. We appreciate your feedback about the carpets and have discussed this matter with the owner. We hope you will give us another chance during your next visit to Lebanon, NH and see the difference for yourself.

Vikar Kazi
Baymont Inn, West Lebanon, NH
West Chesterfield, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I just got a job working between Vermont and New Hampshire. I will be spending several days a week at various hotels. Baymont was one of my first 3 hotels.

I found the Hotel to be very clean and definitely comfortable. The beds were awesomely comfortable. I didn't even want to leave that bed but went right for a hot shower and had a hard time leaving there.

Breakfast was good but was lacking hot food. They need to add more hot selections.

The room was very clean and it was enjoyable. The housekeepers are a but aggressive. They need to be told to leave the guests alone and stop asking if guests are leaving,

Overall, place was quite good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
BaymontInn L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites West Lebanon, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Robert C,
We are glad that you like our clean and comfortable hotel rooms, amenities and breakfast. We apologize for being bothered by the housekeeping staff during your stay. They have been instructed and advised about the same. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you again during your next visit to Lebanon, NH.
All the best!!

Vikar kazi
Baymont Inn, West Lebanon, NH.
California, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Adkef to be moved because i got bit up from bugs front desk girl said no. Seemed like she more interested in tv and her phone and man friend than what the guest needs. Asked for a plate she said we were out cause she didn't want to get one for me. The stairs sre very dusty and dirty. Asked if there would be anymore popcorn. she said no one batch is enough. Rude frontdesk, once you check-in don't ask for anything.The overnight gentleman smelled like alcohol. Id think twice before staying here.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites West Lebanon? Share your experiences!