“Good food , ressoanbly priced, service slowish” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 58 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: Seafood
Columbia, South Carolina
“Good food , ressoanbly priced, service slowish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Spouse and I had dinner here with cousin who lived in area; cousin recommended the place. . The food was quite good and the nightly special ( 2 lobsters for $12.99) was a real bargain. I had broiled fish and it and the sides were excellent. We had to wait for service - even to make our pre meal bar order. BUT the waiter came & told us he was busy and would get back to us - I guess we waited 5-7 minutes before he started to serve us. So overall, a good experience, with good and tasty food - would eat her again if, when, in the area.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Getting expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

2 Lobster roll, 1 soda, excellent service by Virginia : $37.47 before tax and gratuities.

Their Special of the day is usually their best deal. But $37.47 for 2 lobster roll and 1 soda is certainly too much.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
vermont
“really terrible service..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

food was ok, but I server was poor. He seemed to be bored with his job and wanted to go home. Not what we expected from the Weathervane.

Visited July 2014
Newbury, New Hampshire
“Love...hate relationship!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Let me begin by saying this is the restaurant I eat out at most frequently...20-30 times a year. When it comes to seafood; no one does it better for freshness, portions(gigantic), presentation, and particularly fried seafood is the best I've ever had. Unlike most other seafood places, this place uses only FRESH fish. No formed, frozen, portion controls, or blended seafood here. I only eat lobster at home due to the mess, but I've had pretty much every item on the menu at some time or another, and never been disappointed.

Due to SIZE of portions, even though I'm a 230 lb man, I order their "seafarer) smaller portion sometime with chowder or salad and there always a "doggy bag...(I've got to get a dog!) and I never leave unsatisfied. If you like seafood...this is your restaurant.

The service here is somewhat spotty, and there seems to be a fair amount of turnover. Two of the longer term folks are an older white haired wisp of a man and somewhat stout dark haired Romanian girl. They are the best, but from time to time if neither is working I get good service from others (60% good...40% not so much). I've never had a real unhappy experience.

This is a busy place with mostly local patrons and you should expect a wait during peak time, but I've never waited more than 30 minutes and I feel it worth the wait. They do not take reservations but the place is big enough that it turns over rapidly.

I sometimes order take out here and it is every bit as good as sit down food.

Now, the ugly: to say this place is dated is an understatement. It is in really bad need of renovation and new furniture. The men's restroom seems clean but smells like raw sewage. It's time the operators did something dramatic in terms of renovation. I always feel like I need a shower after eating there.

The decor is fine, just dated.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Powhatan, Virginia
“always satisfies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Whenever I'm in the area I always eat here at least once and usually more than once. Lately it seems like it is slipping a bit but still a good place to satisfy a seafood craving at comparatively good prices. Their wicked good twins on Thursday nights are great. They seem to have a high staff turnover but I've never had a complaint with the food or service.

• Visited July 2013