“A very nice pub” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“A very nice pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

OK, I own a brewpub so this might be angled, yet this is a great little pub. The food was pub style, but solid. My first beer, was the Octoberfest, which was a bit thin and lacked the sweet, malty body of this style. However my second was the oatmeal stout, which was as good as I've ever had. A really nice beer. The food was good and tasty; a welcome respite from the road and a good place to stop. Our server was awesome and she helped with menu selections, as well as described the beers quite well. Usually some female servers don't really stand behind dark beers or more full bodied ales. What really impressed me with this place was the manner in which a manager worked with a table that had an issue with their meal. It was a four-top, with a husband who seemed rather pissed at the world and cited everything wrong he could imagine, within earshot of those in the dining room. The son, a young teen, opted for a steak, in which I heard "rare" as the temperature. This usually means a hot, pink center, not usually favored by the younger patrons. The mom had to help him cut the meat, in which the father and mom voiced their opinion concerning the fat, and the temperature (hot pink). The dad was very loud and pretty pissy. When the manager spoke with him, the father left no room for a discussion. Nor was he looking to solve the issue, he just seemed like he wanted a fight. My managers would simply pay for his entire table and ask him to leave. Your manager was awesome and tried everything. Mainly, he did not lose his cool once he understood there was no pleasing this family. Kudos to you guys; how your staff acts, and reacts is a top-down deal. I will be back, it's along the route to my son's school.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

51% Recommend
Goffstown, New Hampshire
“This is ment for beer lovers only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

For the beer lover this place is great. Not so much for anyone else. Mixed drinks were weird and not good at all. Food is ok. The portions are kinda small. My favorite part was the calamari appetizer that was yummy. Bottom line if you love beer you will love this place. If you don't just don't get your hopes up ;)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Seven dirty dish rags”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

After a long day of driving I just wanted a great local beer and some pub grub. This place is disgusting. It smells like dirty mop water and old cheese. The service was pretty awful too. So bad, we drank half a beer each, paid and left.

Visited August 2013
Christine M, General Manager at The Seven Barrel Brewery, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us at The Seven Barrel Brewery. Please note that we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our establishment and would encourage anyone to please bring any unsightly mess or odor to our attention. Unfortunately no one made any such comment that would have brought this to our attention on this day. We apologize that we did not meet let alone exceed your expectations. If you would like to discuss this further, maybe in some terms of compensation for your visit please do not hesitate to contact me at sevenbarrelbrew@gmail.com.
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stopped on the drive through town while on vacation. Looks a little run down from the outside. You can get smaller samples of beer, which worked since we did not really care for any of them. Nice pub atmosphere inside, but the bartender had an attitude so we did not stay long. Did not get to try the food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“$3 pints on Red Socks Game nights”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Not terribly impressed with the beer. The only good point was it was $3. Food was alright. We had a burger (I suppose the Burger + Beer combo is a good deal) and a salad. Our bartender was alittle annoying. Trying too hard to be chatty and sell us stuff (growler, t-shirt, dessert) we did not want.

• 3 of 5 stars Food