“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Whitman, Massachusetts
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

My daughter and I stayed here on a college visit to Dartmouth. It's very close to Hanover. The room was very comfortable and clean. There were quite a few guests while we were there and it was very quiet. Breakfast was good - lots of choices. The breakfast area was large and there were plenty of places to sit. I would stay here again if we were in the area. All staff we encountered were friendly and pleasant.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

Visited the Lebanon/Hanover area during Easter weekend with my husband. Stayed at Residence Inn for 3 nights and had a comfortable and pleasant stay. This is a hotel that caters to business travelers and long term stayers during the week and families on the weekends. The hotel was pleasantly decorated and check in was a breeze. Our room had a king bed, kitchen , bath and sitting area. It was one open room but I did see that they have suites that are two rooms and some even have fire places. All the appliances in the kitchen worked and made our stay very enjoyable since after a long day of driving we were able to go to the Co-Op Grocery across the parking lot and get food to go and cook and or warm up in our room. The room was very clean and there was no noise that could be heard from any other rooms or guests. My husband had stayed at this hotel before and said that wasn't always true. We were on the third floor so this may have made a difference. The only complaint I had was at breakfast on Sunday morning we arrived at approx. 7:30 AM and all the food was demolished by families with numerous children running wild and sticking their fingers in everything. The staff did occasionally refill some items but not the fruit or what I would consider healthy items. In al it was a nice hotel and an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Escazu, Costa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

This hotel should loose all of its stars. It does not even deserve one.
Upon my arrival 2 nights ago, I waited for 10 minutes to be registered by the manager on duty, because she was busy on the phone taking care of some personal business.
The toilets smell like urine and I let it go the first night but after our complaint on the second night, the management sent 2 teenagers to spray some perfume on top of the urine, so I complained again because the smell was still present and they said that they would be sending somebody the next morning ( I guess that they will do that after I have departed the hotel). The shower courtain with the metal pipe almost fell on top of me because the screws were loose. This is the definitely the last time I'll stay in this hotel.
I have stayed at least 100 nights at other Residence Inns and never had a complaint, until today. My opinion about This chain changed drastically after tonite. Specially after calling Marriot central office and speaking with Mr Rodney Haynes who said that nobody could do nothing because the hotel was full.

• Disliked — the staff and the cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Milton, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

We had a 2 bedroom suite for fathers day weekend. The front desk could not have been nicer. Check in was a breeze. The rooms do not have their own entrance or balconys,so it had somewhat of a hotel feel.The suite was very clean and roomy. Kitchen had all pots and pans and everything we needed to prepare our own meal. They have a gas grill available and they were happy to bring it to a small outside patio at the pool area. The pool was warm and clean, but the whirlpool left something to be desired. It didn't work very well. It has only an inside pool, but we enjoyed it. Location is 2 miles off Rt 89, and on a quiet road. Only steps away is a Margaretta's restaurant, and a few more steps is a full market for shopping.The breakfast was tasty and plentyful. Eggs,sausage bacon,pancakes,waffles, the works. Our stay was plesant and handy, and we will definately stay here again.

• Liked — Comfortable and homey
  • Disliked — whirlpool
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

It was a nice enough room, but on the second night there I discovered bedbugs. I captured one and put it in a ziplock baggie and gave it to the management. They gave us a different room right away, but I remain freaked out. The few bites I have on my leg are not a big deal, but I'm terrified that I might have brought some home in my luggage or purse or something. I just read on the internet that they are transported in this way and that once you get them in a home they are extremely difficult to get rid of. If you stay in this hotel check your bed. There are websites that tell you what to look for.

• Liked — nice suite
  • Disliked — BEDBUGS
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Walla Walla, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

I recently stayed in a 1 King bed w/ sleeper sofa & kitchen room June 1st - June 5th as I was in the Hanover area for work.

First off, the rooms were a bit pricey due to Dartmouth graduation the weekend following my stay, so a cheaper room could have been had in West Lebanon, NH or White River Junction, VT. But I like Residence Inn, and the location is very convenient to driving in and out of Hanover daily.

The staff was fairly cordial, with a couple of gals at the front desk and the housekeeping staff standing out as extra nice and accomodating. The breakfast bar / evening reception personnel had weird attitudes that bordered on rude, but I can't blame those that have to serve folks looking for the free food hook-up. I'd go crazy dealing with the people I saw each morning and/or evening.

The free breakfast was solid, with cereals, pastries, yogurt and the such available along with a consistent line-up of DIY waffles & hot items such as scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and potatoes. A nice addition to the average setup was tortillas, with which one could easily fashion a small breakfast burrito. They had the salsa and sour cream to boot! Nice!

The evening reception I only attended twice, and was just ok. Not a huge selection of beverages, and the food was eclectic.. ranging from prosciutto one evening to grilled cheese sandwiches the next. Hard to sniff a gift fish.. but ehhh.. NBD.

The room was quite large and comfortable, with a good layout where you could turn the tv to either face the living area or the bed. Kitchen was open, and had everything you'd need if you were to stay for an extended period of time and cook a good deal of meals. A big YAHOO element for me was the shower setup.. curved shower rod giving you that extra elbow room, and the showerhead sitting about 6 & 1/2 feet up, tall enough for me to not have to do a dance to try to get washed up!

The location of the hotel is convenient to the downtown areas of Hanover, Lebanon, West Lebanon, and White River Junction.. and just a bit further to Quechee, Woodstock, Norwich in Vermont. Within walking distance you have a mexican restaurant (sorry, didn't try it but almost every night there were tons of cars there.. good sign I think), a "state store" if you're looking for alchohol, and a co-op grocery store, which reminded me a lot of Whole Foods. High-end groceries with a deli/sushi/sandwich area. A lot of folks from the nearby businesses were walking here for lunch by the looks of it. At night, all of the above are closed after 10pm I believe, so noise was never an issue.. very quiet location.

All I can complain about are nuisance-level, such as the elevator being quite slow for only a couple of floors, the parking lots were tight due to small parking slots, and the hot tub was about the size of, well, a tub. I would think anymore than 2 adults would start getting a bit too snug for my liking.

All in all, a good solid place to stay while in the area, especially if your stay will be an extended one.

• Liked — Convenient location and overall quality
  • Disliked — Slow elevator
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southern NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

I made reservations at the Residence Inn in Lebanon for two friends who needed to visit Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center for cancer treatment. The reservations was originally made for two days figuring the night before the surgery and the night of. (Sunday-Tuesday)

Unfortunately the husband of the woman who was going in for treatment became ill the day of arrival. He too was admitted into DHMC for tests. That evening they found out he had a massive stroke.

I was called on Monday and asked if I could extend their reservation and I said I would take care of it. I called the Hotel directly and spoke with one of the Managers and asked to have their reservation extend until Wednesday. He said the hotel was sold out but their reservation had already been extended by someone.

Tuesday morning came and the hotel informed the woman who just got out of the hospital and her husband that is about to go into surgery that she had to leave. They had no rooms available. The woman explained the situation and got no where. The hotel didn't even offer to help them look for another hotel.

I got a call and within 15 minutes I had another reservation 8 miles away in White River Junction VT at the Comfort Suites for $79.00. (See my review of that hotel)

Just think about how this situation would of ended if the Residence Inn helped make them reservations elsewhere. If I could find a room in 15 minutes and live over an hour and a half away, why couldn't they have helped? All Hotels do a call around every day to see how their competition is doing. The front desk obviously knew who had rooms in the area and who didn't.

Unfortunately in the end the husband passed away Wednesday afternoon which would of been the day this family would of checked out.

FYI, the hotel was clean and well kept. Was your typical Residence Inn other wise.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!