“Nice, convenient hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Manama, Bahrain
“Nice, convenient hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Our second stay at Residence Inn Hanover was as nice as our first. Easy location and a great Mexican restaurant next door. Great for a visit to Dartmouth College.

Nothing fancy yet clean, comfortable, and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Susan B,
Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed it.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and my property. I hope the next time you are in the area that you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have been to this area many times but this was our first time in this hotel. We like to have our own kitchen so we can prepare fresh food or use leftovers from super-sized restaurant meals. I am surprised to read some of the posts here as we had a lovely studio room that was clean and inviting. There is a Food Coop store a two-minute walk from the hotel. It is like a Whole Foods type with prepared foods and a great butcher and fish counter, etc. You could easily stay at this hotel and prepare your own fresh food. The kitchen is well stocked -- we even had a measuring cup and colander. The front desk staff were super! Don has a great sense of humor and was so helpful and friendly. We had a problem with our car and Andrea recommended a super garage - Wilson's - just down the street. They were very competent and helped us right away. The cleaning staff at the hotel were warm and did a good job. Everyone was very professional and there is a huge staff here -- saw several different people over our few day stay. As for negatives for the hotel - the fitness room was under repair but they offered access to a nearby gym -- a better deal really. We did not want to use the pool so I cannot add to what others have posted here. As for the breakfast -- the foods were plentiful but not for me really -- I prefer to make fresh eggs in our room and we bought great sausages at the Food Coop. The evening meals offered by the hotel were also not for us....mostly foods we do not eat -- and on the par with a school cafeteria. That's too bad really. They should do away with it altogether and charge less for the room or serve something better. (We were told though that their manager had recently passed away and that he was he one who had arranged the meals etc. and they were understandably in the midst of addressing shifting responsibilities for staff etc.) On the whole we liked our experience here and would like to come again on our next trip.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and far from the elevator. Very pleased.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Cohenprof,
White Mountains NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The Upper Valley is a very desirable place due to its proximity to Dartmouth College, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and many other places of an historic nature or those with scenic beauty. This Residence Inn unfortunately seems strangely neglected for such a community. Upon checking in we were given a room that had obvious wear and tear and did not seem all that clean. In addition to that it had a mini coffeemaker which I have never seen at a Residence Inn. When we requested a different room our request was honored and the other room was a bit better. Breakfast in the morning featured fairly typical fare, but the area seemed a little uncared for, selection was limited and some of the hot foods such as eggs and potatoes were set up on folding tables which gave the breakfast nook a very makeshift sort of look. I will say that the manager on duty that morning did greet us warmly when we arrived. I have stayed at this property before and didn't get this sort of feeling at that time. I know that there has since been a new Courtyard by Marriott built less than half a mile from this property, so perhaps that's where all the attention is being focused now. The prices were very reasonable at this location and now I think I know why.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Laura W,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience about your recent stay. The breakfast area situation that you refer to was due to our renovation of our gatehouse and during the transition we had to temporarily set up our food service on these tables. I can assure you that we are focused on providing every guest exceptional accomodations and service and working to improve the physical properties of the hotel on a daily basis.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and our property. I am confident that if you return to our hotel that your experience will be much different than what you encountered this past stay.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here to attend a King Arthur Flour baking class and this hotel had the special rate. My teen and I wanted separate beds so had to get the suite. I think they need ot have more two-bed rooms. I gave my daughter the pull-out couch which wasn't made up and took three hours for someone to come do.

There are not enough blankets in the rooms. Just one thin one per bed.

The TV had to be adjusted. This should be checked by housekeeping daily.

The front desk clerk needs to try and accomodate requests and not answer every question with "we don't do that." Much more customer-friendly that way. He did, however, send us to a great restaurant, Jesse's.

The free breakfast is ample and a good way to tank up teenagers. I'd stay here again. They have a pool.

Room Tip: Order what type of room you want when booking
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Pathfinder1956,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. I apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay. I am aware of the guest service agent you are referring to and we are currently going through the retraining process with him. Unfortunately, we only have a limited number of 2 bedroom suites so I apologize that your daughter had to use the pull out sofabed.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and my property. I hope that if you decide to attend another cooking class that you give us another opportunity to serve you. Please remember to book a 2 bedroom suite if your daughter comes with you again.
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Residence Inns quite a bit because I'm a Marriott elite member and when traveling with family you can't beat a Residence Inn. This one was NOT the usual standard of quality. We got there during the hospitality hour but had already eaten so just got some drinks. Warm wine and beer and soda.... The room that they served the evening meal and breakfast in was stifling hot both in the evening and for breakfast. The room was fine, clean, bed was comfy. Breakfast was pretty basic, I don't even remember a waffle iron??? Doesn't seem like there are a lot of choices in Lebanon but we were just passing through so I don't foresee us ever being back in that neck of the woods again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Laurel113,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that the breakfast area was stifling hot when you visited us. Unfortunately, our building air conditioner failed and hadn't been repaired yet. We do have a waffle iron, actually 2.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and my property.
Raritan, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Booked a two night stay to help our son move in to Dartmouth College. Called ahead to confirm that they had a pool- yes and indoors. We arrived to find a pool where you couldn't see the bottom and the smell of chemicals was overwhelming. The hot tub was covered and empty. The front desk seemed surprised as if it happened in the last 5 minutes. They told me I could use the health club down the road, but I had the be 21 years old. That didn't work for my 2 year old granddaughter who was hoping to use the pool.
I asked at breakfast the next day what was happening, but the answer seemed to be nothing. This morning the door was locked at 8am but the hours said 6:30 am- 8pm.
Felt I spent $400 with the expectation of a pool and the front desk never apologized or thought there was an issue.

PS- the breakfast was good.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Jim330_13,
Thank you fort sharing your experience. I am very sorry your stay was met with pool issues. Unfortunately the pool was closed during your stay because of maintenance to the pool; i.e. the introduction of chemicals to bring the levels back up to proper levels. For the safety of our guests, especially a 2 year old, we cannot have them swimming in a pool with high levels of chemicals and the time it takes to cycle these through takes some time. It was definitely not expected at the time you made your reservations.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and my property. I hope the next time you travel to the area that we have another opportunity to serve you.
Springfield Gardens, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My family found the overall Residence Inn experience to be above average. The staff was professional, accommodating and friendly. The room (studio) was adequate size for a family of 3 and actually more than we had hoped for. The room was clean, well appointed and the bedding and linens were plentiful and comfortable. Breakfast menu includes many selections including non-pork/beef choices which I often find nonexistent outside of NYC area. Excellent coffee is served all day. The parking lots can become crowded but there is a spot for every car. An added surprise is that the units are all in the main building and there is not a need to go outside to access the Carriage House. We look forward to our next stay in a week.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Renee T,

Been to Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!