“Good location, good value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Philly Steeler
“Good location, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here while vising Dartmouth on college tours with the kids. Had a 2 bedroom suite and we had plenty of room. My son loved the pool and the breakfast was good. My only complaint was the parking. Despite what appeared to be adequate parking, both the front and the rear lots filled up very quickly. Luckily there is a grocery store and a bar/restaurant next door with ample parking there. The close proximity of the grocery store is a big plus as is the very short walk across the street to the Mexican restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
dpresrileb, General Manager at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and please think of us in the future when returning to the area. We are very proud of our service and our hotel. Have a great rest of the year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our family found ourselves in a tragic situation which required us to be at the Darthmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon N.H. for a few days. The wonderful nurses at the hospital told us about the Residence Inn and their rest easy plan for family members of very sick hospital patients. The hotel and staff were wonderful! I had forgotten some toiletries in my rush to pack, no problem they had everything I needed. Breakfast was terrific with hot and cold food items. The room was big enough for all to sleep comfortably. What more can I say, the Residence Inn provided us with a bit of normalcy during some very difficult times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
dpresrileb, General Manager at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thanks for your kind words in regards to our hotel. I truly hope everything went well at DHMC.
West Hempstead, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spent the fourth with my grandchildren to visit family. The suites are large and the children loved getting their own breakfast, and making the waffles. We were able to have my brother and his family over to play board games in their breakfast room and they even had warm cookies for the kids.The employees are friendly and make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Near restaurants, and shopping.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
dpresrileb, General Manager at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Joan, Thank you so much for your kind words and I am elated that you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind in the future and hope your summer is healthy and happy.
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was extremely disappointed with my last visit to the Residence Inn. I visit the area several times a year and this has been my “go to” hotel. On this last visit, the hotel was far below its usual quality.

The layouts of the rooms are nice with an alcove for the bed, a spacious living area and kitchen, and adequate desk space. However, on this trip the room was filthy. There was dust thick enough to write my name on some of the trim in the room and on the lamp shades. There were crumbs on the counter and I don’t think anyone had cleaned beneath the countertop microwave in months.

The service also seemed to have slipped with front desk staff less helpful and friendly than what one would expect in a small town hotel.

There is a decent breakfast buffet in the mornings. It gets a bit over run and it is sometimes difficult to find a seat, but the staff does a good job in replenishing items as they are used up.

One of the nice things about the hotel is its location. It is located next to a full sized grocery store with a large selection of prepared foods and bulk items. It is also adjacent to the area’s best fitness center with two pools, tennis courts, cardio machines, etc. If you want to workout during your stay, go to the River Valley Club rather than the small hotel gym.

They don’t seem to advertise it, but there is a shuttle that runs to Hanover and to the local bus station. (There is terrific bus service to Boston with the depot just a mile or so to the hotel. It makes it possible to fly into Logan rather than Manchester.)

While the hotel used to be a good choice, I am not sure it remains as such.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
dpresrileb, General Manager at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the experience that you had with us. I would appreciate it if you could take the time and give me a call at 603-676-5000 which is my direct line so I can look into this further. We do have an inspection process for our housekeeping and pride ourselves in making it right. I do leave me cell phone on the refrigerator for guests to call me directly should they result in a problem. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sugarbush,Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times when my husband has treatments at the Medical Center. The suites are a perfect solution when family joins you and needs a place to stay. The staff is friendly and obliging. Last visit they upgraded my room as a courtesy. The location next to a restaurant and walking distance to a grocery and liquor store could not be more perfect. They also offer a shuttle to the hospital, perfect for patients who are unable to drive themselves. The complementary breakfast is healthy, eggs, fruit, yogurt, etc. The food quality is average but plentiful. Coffee is available all day. Having a kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, dishes and flatware makes preparing healthy food for patients an easy task. If you or a family member has to be at the Medical Center, stay here! Ask for the Dartmouth Rest Easy rate.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the rear parking lot are noisier than the front rooms. But its only guests using th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us it is greatly appreciated. Please ask for me the next time you are in the area ( Doug ).
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

stayed the weekend for a wedding and definitely worth it to stay here instead of the really expensive hotels downtown. the drive was only a few minutes to get down near Dartmouth/shops/restaurants. breakfast was included so that was an added bonus. our room was huge and had a full kitchen which we didn't use but it would have come in handy if we were staying longer. Very friendly staff at front desk and helpful with shuttle service. highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012
dpresrileb, General Manager at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thanks you so much for commenting on your stay with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
So many travelers rely on trip advisor to make their choices and all the comments by consumers make a difference. Nice Job.
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Residence Inn over the Memorial Day weekend. A mix up with our reservations over Booking.com caused a slight concern; however hats off to Doug, the manager, who assured me he would take care of it and gave me his card if there were any problems with the billing. (And there were none).

The accommodations themselves were roomy and clean, much more comfy than a normal hotel room. Next door to the hotel, a lovely food market co-op made meals easy. I will look for a Residence Inn henceforth when traveling.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
LebRes, General Manager at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thanks so much for the positive feedback. Please let me know the next time your in the area. We appreciate your business.

Been to Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!