“The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I really wanted to give this place 5 out of 5 but there were just too many little things to prevent that. The good: they upgraded me to a 2 bdrm. 2 bath suite with a gas fireplace. Beautiful room. Especially for a long term stay (5 days). They have a nice pool. f Breakfast was above decent and the staff was very friendly. The bad: the hot tub was empty the enitre visit. Everytime I went for the free coffee in the gatehouse it was between room temperature and warm. Only at breakfast could you expect to get a hot cup. The fitness center was pretty poor with one old treadmill and one stationary bike. (The hotel had an agreement with a local gym but I only found that out when I overheard the manager talking to another guest. So ask.) The ugly. This place is old and ready for updating. The halls are very narrow. I could raise my arms and touch each walll fist to fist. The internet was difficult to connecdt to after the first day. I was connected to the server but not the internet. I had to reboot to get the approval screen on my browser.

Room Tip: Consider requesting a room on the 1st floor. The hotel has only ONE elevator to serve 450+ rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I appreciate the time you took to write a review and happy to hear that we were able to upgrade you to a Two-bedroom suite during your stay. You'll be glad to know that we are in the process of implementing upgrades throughout the hotel, many of which will address your concerns and hopefully assist in filling in that 5th star for you. The part for the hot tub has been ordered and the tub should filled and steamy soon, our new fitness center will be double the size of the existing one and well equipped with new machines and many other updates are already in the works. I've passed on to the kitchen, your comment about luke warm coffee and that will be rectified. Stop in on your next trip to the area and see all the improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in September 2012 as part of a New England driving trip. The two-bedroom suite was very comfortable, and the kitchen and living room were well equipped. All staff members we encountered were friendly and upbeat, and as another reviewer mentioned, it's centrally located if you're going to Dartmouth or to Vermont.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a response about your stay. I'm happy to hear that you were able to stretch out comfortably in one of our Two-bedroom suites and that our staff was friendly and helpful. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Courtyard by Marriott, JFK NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

A quick 5 minute drive brings you to the Green on campus at Dartmouth College. The hotel has nice, large rooms with Fireplaces and full kitchens. We used this hotel frequently while visiting our daughter during her 4 years at Dartmouth, and continue to use the hotel when visiting the area.

Room Tip: There is a Co-op food store on the same drive, next door. good place to stock up on grocery's fo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
It's always a pleasure getting to the know the many Dartmouth families that make the Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover/Lebanon their go to hotel while visiting their students. We appreciate your loyalty.
Secaucus, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Two features distinguish this hotel. The first is the proximity to Dartmouth College, which is a 5-10 min drive. The second is the well stocked coop grocery store which is in the adjacent property and is a quick walk. we picked up many quick bites from there.

The rooms were large and were generally in good shape.

We generally had a good experience.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
We are fortunate to be located in close proximity to so many wonderful things our area has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back.
North Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My stay was only one night. The staff was very courteous. The room very clean and comfortable. We had a 2 bedroom suite which contained 3 flat screen TVs. Unfortunately, the cable was not working so no one could watch any of the TVs. When we mentioned it at the desk in the morning,the staff was sympathic, but we were offered no compensation of any kind. I would stay there again in the future if the occasion should arise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear that our staff and accommodations met your expectations and I apologize that the cable was out of order the night of your stay. We have since rectified that issue. I would be happy to assist you directly the next time you are in town.
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Probably the best place to stay between White River Junction, Lebanon and Hanover. But that is not to say I am raving about the place. Couldn't keep up with breakfast. Waffle batter needs a vent to poor so I loosened the lid and it works fine but an employee should know how. No recycling in the room. And I really don't like or expect cheap toilet paper in a chain hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for naming our hotel the best place to stay in our area regardless of the fact that it didn't meet all of your expectations. We continue to train staff to provide a higher level of service and appreciate your feedback on areas where we may continue to improve. I hope that you will give us another try on your next trip to the Upper Valley.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was visiting New England as part of a travel scholarship and was booked into this hotel via the hosting organisation

It was my first trip to America and three weeks away from my family & friends was a slightly daunting prospect. The note on the fridge from the manager about being made to feel part of the Marriot family seemed at first a little disingenuous if I am honest.

The coming three weeks proved how genuinely committed the team at this hotel are to making it a reality. I was made to feel welcome and treated with genuine consideration and regard.

The reception, kitchen, maintenance/shuttle, house-keeping staff did everything they could to help and inform me. They were consistently helpful and friendly and made me feel far less homesick than I might otherwise have been.

When I had to vacate the hotel during Dartmouth Graduation weekend, two staff members were exceptionally helpful. They located a Marriot hotel in Boston for me to travel to, assisted with my booking and even ensured that I knew how to get to my destination in detail.

All of the staff I met were great but especial commendation to Tori, Gary, Josh, Jessica, Carrisa and Eva – who all demonstrated an exceptional level of customer care.

Having in effect, my own open plan apartment was such a blessing - I have stayed in other establishments were the thought of three weeks would have made me really stressed! Not so here. I hope to return at some point in the future and would certainly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Not much in the way of views here - either looking out over the car park (or the pond if you are rea...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I'm so pleased that you had such a positive experience while staying with us. It's always nice to hear that our guests appreciate our commitment to providing outstanding customer service. We all hope to welcome you back soon.

Been to Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!