“Charming New England Motel, serenely located with great view of CT river and top notch management. Highly recommended.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Motor Inn

You added Sunset Motor Inn to your Saves list
Sunset Motor Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   305 N Main St, Lebanon, NH 03784   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel. They were extremely accommodating and allowed my little dog to stay. They have a great waffle maker for breakfast. Great cable service for the tv. A fantastic view and very close to Dartmouth College. Will definitely be making a return visit next time in the area.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very basic 1950s type "motor inn". The rooms are small, the bed was comfortable but not a room where you would want to spend a lot of time. Wi Fi is only available in "common" areas like the office and the parking lot. A nice touch was the assortment of toiletries provided including a disposable razor and pre-loaded toothbrush as well as deoderant, better than most 4 star hotels.
The hotel is very close to Dartmouth so very well located if that is your destination. It's a shame though that the motel is not facing in the opposite direction. The views out the back window are very serene. All in all an OK and cheaper alternative to the cheaper chain hotels like Days Inn but don't expect a lot. For a one night crash pad, it works but I'd probably opt out for an alternative.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
South Easton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I just finished working on a 4 month job in Lebanon and stayed at the Sunset during the work week. I can't say enough about the hospitality that myself and my associates enjoyed during our stay. Mrs. Patel treated us like family, always making sure we were happy with our accommodations. I would go back and stay there without hesitation for a future ski trip or fishing adventure.
The location is spectacular, located high on the edge of the Connecticut River. Your rear window has a perfect westerly view overlooking the river across to Vermont. On several occasions I was lucky enough to see a pair of adolescent Bald Eagles feeding in the river below the Dam. This was very special.
Thank you Mrs. Patel, for everything, I hope to see you again soon.....

Terry

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

This is a great motel to stay at that is located close to Dartmouth College, Dartmouth Medical School, & Hitchcock Hospital. The Patel family is very warm and comforting towards their guests & treats them like their own family. The rooms are clean, comfortable, & quiet. I was extremely pleased with their direct tv satellite channels & access to wifi. The family here is very hard working & they go out of their way to make sure your stay is pleasant by providing daily breakfast & keeping your rooms clean. Above all the low cost, the close proximity to the town of Hanover, & most important the comfort of the motel makes the Sunset Motor Inn a great choice for your stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

This place is shabby and dirty. I found a mouse turd in the bathroom, a hair on the shower wall and a hair on a "clean" towel. There was a cigarette burn in the bedspread, too, even though this is a non-smoking motel. Suffice it to say, I was grossed out.

The owner/housekeeper knocked on my door at 9 a.m. to see if I wanted housekeeping, even though my car was parked right in front of the door. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know not to disturb a guest under those circumstances.

The only reason I stayed here was price/proximity to Hanover, NH. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

The look of the place is similar to those I stayed in as a child, individual units. The room was clean and quiet, with a fridge. We chose it because of price, and it was a good value for the money. There is a nice water view out the back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Fairfield, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Booked one night via what we saw on the website. Arrived early afternoon. Should have left when we drove up to our room; one room number missing from the door - written with a sharpie (Room 24). Bathroom floor was filthy. Bathroom door wouldn't close. King sized bed was new- we heard - but hard as a rock. Windows were filthy. A/C was held in window by clear packing tape all around the sides and tops. None of the furniture matched and was stained with various spins. White, cheap, thin bathroom towels had yellow stains on them. We didn't even unpack nor did we use the shower. Everything in this room was dated and we used an alcohol wipe before we even picked up the phone to call the front desk. Pictures on the website are totally misleading. They also offered a "continental breakfast" - we never even considered that option! Triple AAA sign is misleading and we have filed a complaint with them. Talked to the owner that night and another family in the morning. Both were indignant - not to mention how difficult it was to understand them. Keep driving. I called to ask for a partial refund (since we did stay the night) and the owner yelled into the phone "no, no, no refunds." I have put a hold on the charge on my credit card - not sure what they can do for us. Suggestion: if you are staying at a non-chain motel, ask to view the room first before you give them your cc. (When I made the reservation, they did not ask for a cc to hold the room, couldn't email me a confirmation and were generally rude...we had called numerous hotels for that night but since it was a last minute decision, we couldn't find anything.) As for the rivew view - that is correct; however, picnic table was covered with weeds; chairs were overturned and rusted...so awful!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Motor Inn? Share your experiences!